2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do rate Neale, but let's not act like he has the same versatility or athleticism of Yeo.

A better comparison would be Fyfe.

Darcy’s first year was far better than Naitanui’s at the same age and he is the same height and weight. Therefore he will be as good as Nic Nat. That’s actually more evidence based logic than yours, with Yeo never having performed consistently well in the midfield!

Darcy’s first year was far better than Naitanui’s at the same age and he is the same height and weight. Therefore he will be as good as Nic Nat. That’s actually more evidence based logic than yours, with Yeo never having performed consistently well in the midfield!
giphy.gif

I'm talking in a monetary sense. Yeo's value would be similar to Fyfe given his current form, and he projects fantastically to reach some lofty heights.

In no way am I saying Yeo is the better player (although this year he is).

Last edited:
Is he the same height? Well blow me down with a feather , Would have bet serious money that NN was taller

I'm talking in a monetary sense. Yeo's value would be similar to Fyfe given his current form, and he still has his best football ahead of him.

In no way am I saying Yeo is the better player (although this year he is).
Yeah similar to a player coming back from a very serious injury , And not at his best , Fully fit and firing , Should not even be mentioned in the same sentence Like comparing Judd and Haselby as criticised on your board , And rightfully so!!
And you are comparing an inside mid with a HBF , Don't get me wrong i rate Yeo but not as a inside mid, And his contested possessions will never match Fyfy's unless he has a broken leg;)

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Lets not pretend Yeo is a proven A grade midfielder like Neale. Comparing Yeo to Fyfe is like comparing Ask Jeeves to Google.

I don't recall Neale being moved around the ground every game or taking contested marks.

Anyway, I'm talking in a monetary sense. Yeo's current form is better then Neale's, thus he has earned a lengthy contract (which also takes into consideration his potential).

Last edited:
The dredz add 5cm
Same
I don't recall Neale being moved around the ground every game or taking contested marks.

Anyway, I'm talking in a monetary sense. Yeo's current form is better then Neale's, thus he has earned a lengthy contract (also taking into consideration his potential).
Hang on you are now comparing a 177 cm inside mid with a 190cm rebounding HBF , At 177 cmm i don't think lachie was recruited as a contested marking beast, at least when you compared Yeo with Fyfe the height was the same

Same

Hang on you are now comparing a 177 cm inside mid with a 190cm rebounding HBF , At 177 cmm i don't think lachie was recruited as a contested marking beast, at least when you compared Yeo with Fyfe the height was the same

I'll concede that the contest marking doesn't really matter, but the fact remains: Yeo won more accolades and had greater impact around the ground then Neale, so he was arguably the better player this year.

That's why I think the comparison to Fyfe is fairer.

Last edited:

Anyway, I'm talking in a monetary sense. Yeo's current form is better then Neale's, thus he has earned a lengthy contract (which also takes into consideration his potential).
What exactly does versatility and contested marking have to do with anything? I'd take a proven consistently good performer who performs well in big games and is already in the leadership group than an inconsistent, questionable big game performances player.

What exactly does versatility and contested marking have to do with anything? I'd take a proven consistently good performer who performs well in big games and is already in the leadership group than an inconsistent, questionable big game performances player.

They're traits Neale does not possess, and ones that excel Yeo as a player.

I'm saying that Yeo is currently better then Neale.

I'll concede that the contest marking doesn't really matter, but the fact remains: Yeo won more accolades and had greater impact around the ground then Neale, so he was arguably the better player this year.

That's why I think the comparison to Fyfe is fairer.
One of the great levellers in footy is injuries , Neale had the ball more times than anyone in history in 2016, in 2017 he had some knee issues had a late start to preseason da da da ,The year before he had the ball approx 15 times more in a game than Yeo like 32 vs 17 we all know Fyfe's issues ,So breaking down a players worth based on one season is silly, As a list manager there is no way i would pay the same for Fyfe as Yeo , But Neale and Yeo should fetch roughly the same , Just my 2 cents

One of the great levellers in footy is injuries , Neale had the ball more times than anyone in history in 2016, in 2017 he had some knee issues had a late start to preseason da da da ,The year before he had the ball approx 15 times more in a game than Yeo like 32 vs 17 we all know Fyfe's issues ,So breaking down a players worth based on one season is silly, As a list manager there is no way i would pay the same for Fyfe as Yeo , But Neale and Yeo should fetch roughly the same , Just my 2 cents

Fair enough, but I feel based on a current form and potential, Yeo is projecting to be a better player then Neale and could reach a level similar to Fyfe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, but I feel based on a current form and potential, Yeo is projecting to be a better player then Neale and could reach a level similar to Fyfe.
Neale and Sheed is a better comparison more similar types ,Yeo is a good footballer no argument , He now has 5 yrs to stamp his authority on this team , As i said i rate him , I wish him all the best , And as you say he has some upside being fairly young , The only question mark is is he had that quiet year in between his breakout year and this year i.e. 2016 , any reason i don't know about?

Neale and Sheed is a better comparison more similar types ,Yeo is a good footballer no argument , He now has 5 yrs to stamp his authority on this team , As i said i rate him , I wish him all the best , And as you say he has some upside being fairly young , The only question mark is is he had that quiet year in between his breakout year and this year i.e. 2016 , any reason i don't know about?

I'm not exactly sure why he had a down year in 2016 (he definitely wasn't injured in the preseason), but I think we moved him around the ground too much, so he wasn't able to get any consistency in his game.

It really did to seem to come out of the blue

I think your last sentence is a great example of your stupidity. Yeo isn't even remotely close to Fyfe.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeo is going to be woeful this year if he is actually moving into the midfield, absolute supercoach killer every time he was shunted there in the past just can't do it

Additionally, wasn't he supposed to give the Brownlow a shake this year? I remember him being pretty confident early on and getting stitched up on roaming BT one week, plus the west media were all over it

Why are we comparing a half back flanker to two midfielders? Yeo is a great HBF hence why he was AA this year. But there is no way he'd be picked ahead of Fyfe or Neale for an AA mid spot. WCE trying yeo again in middle will have the same outcome it always does and he'll end up back at HBF. For a guy that is 'versatile' he is good at HB and not much else.

Why are we comparing a half back flanker to two midfielders? Yeo is a great HBF hence why he was AA this year. But there is no way he'd be picked ahead of Fyfe or Neale for an AA mid spot. WCE trying yeo again in middle will have the same outcome it always does and he'll end up back at HBF. For a guy that is 'versatile' he is good at HB and not much else.
HBF is the easiest position to play IMHO ,I loved playing HBF Played over a hundred games there after struggling to break into our teams midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back