NRL 2017 NRL Finals Series Discussion

Which pairing will be the likely Grand Final match up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Week One Finals Schedule

Friday, September 8
Sydney Roosters (2) v Brisbane Broncos (3), Allianz Stadium at 7.55pm

Saturday, September 9
Melbourne Storm (1) v Parramatta Eels (4), AAMI Park at 4.10pm
Manly Sea Eagles (6) v Penrith Panthers (7), Allianz Stadium at 7.55pm

Sunday, September 10
Cronulla Sharks v (5) v North Queensland Cowboys (8), Allianz Stadium at 4.10pm

So the Eels wrap up a Top 4 finish and the Cowboys somehow manage to find themselves in the Top 8 when the music finally stopped. 3 finals at Allianz Stadium to start the finals off, which with the Swans playing at the SCG at 4.20pm on the Saturday meant the NRL had no other option but to put the Storm at 4.10pm up against it.

This thread will be home to all finals related discussion up until the Grand Final.

Enjoy.

Anyone give Parra a chance?
If Semi continues on his try scoring run perhaps we are chance. It would definitely throw a cat amongst the pigeons if we can pull it off. And it would put the Storm and Roosters on the same side of the draw and they are the two teams I think are favourites for the title.

They had to put the Eels on at the same time I'm at the SCG watching the Bombers :(
Reckon I might duck next door afterwards and catch the Manly v Panthers game

Anyone give Parra a chance?

I think we will be competitive. Its a free shot at the storm with a 2nd chance. But can't see us winning. Storm are just too good.

The absence of french and king gutho could be the difference. As will smith is a fill in at fullback.

Don't think we'll win this week. No Boyd, MCullough, Sims and TPJ is too many outs. If the Roosters side of last week turns up then we are definitely a chance but unfortunately I think we might fall short.

It's such a huge game for us because if we lose then we get the Storm away in week 3 if we get that far so whoever loses is pretty much screwed.

I reckon Roosters to beat an under strength Broncos. Melbourne to get past Parra. Just. Manly to end the Panthers season and Cronulla will defeat the Cowboys, who have basically fallen in.

Crowd wise im hoping 20k min to each of the SFS games and 25k to MRS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to knock the NRL, but the crowd attendance seemed pathetic considering it was a finals game.

It was light on. But it seems to be Sydney people not turning up. It is was in Brisbane we would be talking about 35k plus at Suncorp.

But the game itself was awesome. I was flicking between both AFL and NRL. I think i watched most of the NRL game.

It was light on. But it seems to be Sydney people not turning up. It is was in Brisbane we would be talking about 35k plus at Suncorp.

But the game itself was awesome. I was flicking between both AFL and NRL. I think i watched most of the NRL game.
Obviously being a Richmond fan I preferred the AFL game. Queensland seems to be into sports more than New South Wales.

I didn't see the game in full last night. But looking at the pre match coverage now. Did I see what I thought end up being Brisbane's lead taking try? :eek:

On paper the other 7 finalists could merge and still not beat the Storm.

But never say never.
Penrif will beat Melbourne in the GF.

Last edited:
Back