Opinion 2017 Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Bond on 720 AM:Basically saying it's close to a full system and structure review at this time of year.
Coaches there now are re-contracted doesn't mean there will be no change.
Him,Steve,Ross and the big rower are looking at coaching structure and expertise now.
Heaps of praise for The Fist and Ibbo.
Bondy was a Federal Pollie in another life;just double-speaks everything and gives nothing away.
Sounds as though Danyle will be there for next season,but he wouldn't tell you if they were paying him out.
There'll be list changes including players who are there now.
Bennell was basically rested for WAFL finals in order to be trouble free for pre-season.
Improvement needed to eradicate non-competitive games first,then fit and available,good recruiting,blah blah psychobabble.
Leaders must stand up across all areas of club most particularly in a rebuild period.
Bondy wasn't even told Clive was at the club??
Bondy has got Maxwell's cone of silence and nothing new gets out.

You have got to be joking me.

Look at Richmond FFS, they were a rabble last year and now look like making a GF this year while we're talking about trying to eradicate non-competitive games.

Get ****ed with that shite. Why are we talking about trying to eradicate non competitive games when we should be aspiring to emulate what Richmond have achieved from 2016-17?

******* pissant attitude and if that is what Bond has truly said, he can * right off today.

Just want to say that adding a quality mid (or fwd or whatever) might not affect the "stats" for the 6-8 "best performing" players in that area of the ground, but they will hopefully displace one of the worst performing players. i.e. Pick 5 as a quality mid isn't going to displace Fyfe, but hopefully we never see Sheridan, Subes, Sutty, D.Pearce, etc ever again.
But that's the whole point, we can stack our midfield with even more quality but they'll still be kicking to easily the worst forward line in the AFL. Our forward line is the worst across every stat line. If I'm a gun midfielder I don't want to do all that hard work winning/moving the ball only to have our forward line not finish it off or worse, rebound back out of there faster than the speed of light and be scored against for a 12 point turnaround.

I'd be fine with picking up a goal kicking forward that could rotate through the midfield with pick #5 but think their goal kicking ability is the priority. Ideally an agile KPF but if not, then a gun small forward (who at pick #5 would invariably have the tools to to rotate as a mid). I want 5 or 6 players in our forward line that can kick goals.

if not, then a gun small forward (who at pick #5 would invariably have the tools to to rotate as a mid). I want 5 or 6 players in our forward line that can kick goals.
1) Higgins
2) Reynar

But that's the whole point, we can stack our midfield with even more quality but they'll still be kicking to easily the worst forward line in the AFL. Our forward line is the worst across every stat line. If I'm a gun midfielder I don't want to do all that hard work winning/moving the ball only to have our forward line not finish it off or worse, rebound back out of there faster than the speed of light and be scored against for a 12 point turnaround.

I'd be fine with picking up a goal kicking forward that could rotate through the midfield with pick #5 but think their goal kicking ability is the priority. Ideally an agile KPF but if not, then a gun small forward (who at pick #5 would invariably have the tools to to rotate as a mid). I want 5 or 6 players in our forward line that can kick goals.
I think Tabs needs to be our FF all next year and I think he could kick 35ish goals. Not great for a FF, but good.

I hope we continue with Cox as our 2nd tall, hopefully he spends the entire off/pre-season on his goal kicking. He offers quite a bit working up the ground and should take the 2nd tall defender allowing McCarthy an easier run.

McCarthy will come good as a 3rd tall. But he needs someone else to take the bigger defenders. Another pre-season will be good for him.

Walters and Bennell need to be our A grade talent in the forward line. Adding Matera let's us rotate Walters/Bennell into the forward line without losing scoring power.

Croz is applying the pressure but not kicking enough goals. To me his spot in the forward line could be replaced nicely by a Petrecca type. (Rayner, Fogarty).

Bennell - Cox - Walters
Matera - Tabs - McCarthy

Best we can hope for is a more even spread. I think all these guys bar Cox could kick 30-35 goals next year.

You have got to be joking me.

Look at Richmond FFS, they were a rabble last year and now look like making a GF this year while we're talking about trying to eradicate non-competitive games.

Get ****** with that shite. Why are we talking about trying to eradicate non competitive games when we should be aspiring to emulate what Richmond have achieved from 2016-17?

******* pissant attitude and if that is what Bond has truly said, he can **** right off today.
Tigers seen what Doggies did last year and improved the plan. very mobile forwardline that can lock the ball in. Not a shabby midfield and backline either. Also cleaned out the assistants
and getting Neil Balme as football manager huge coup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back