2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Peel will make the GF now with Freo out of the finals race. More experience will be available as the season unfolds and the alignment will cop a hammering again.;)
Nah Griffin is a year slower, Clarke is not match fit , suban already won last year ( no more hunger). Wafl change final series rule.

That second half was more about South finally switching on than Peel taking their foot off.
Don't disagree Souths tried a lot harder in the second but if you didn't also notice Peel's pressure drop considerably you might want to take those one eyed goggles off ;) There were also a lot of experienced Freo-listed Peel players that could have put in a lot more effort than they did. That's what I liked from a Freo supporter's perspective... our young Freo players controlled the game (Hughes, Logue, Duman, Deluca, Darcy etc) mostly from the back half and didn't rely too heavily on the midfield nor the more experienced Freo-listed players. And the Peel forward line was missing it's arguably two best players in Jetta and Bell so... Peel deserved the win - South's coulda shoulda woulda, free kicks blah blah, sounds a lot like a sore loser to me :p

Don't disagree Souths tried a lot harder in the second but if you didn't also notice Peel's pressure drop considerably you might want to take those one eyed goggles off ;) There were also a lot of experienced Freo-listed Peel players that could have put in a lot more effort than they did. That's what I liked from a Freo supporter's perspective... our young Freo players controlled the game (Hughes, Logue, Duman, Deluca, Darcy etc) mostly from the back half and didn't rely too heavily on the midfield nor the more experienced Freo-listed players. And the Peel forward line was missing it's arguably two best players in Jetta and Bell so... Peel deserved the win - South's coulda shoulda woulda, free kicks blah blah, sounds a lot like a sore loser to me :p
Thanks WTG , once Ross take your idea and send Griffin and Dawson to peel reserve , peel will even look better.

Bet you a beer Peel make the GF .:DAnd if East Perth do as well the melts will be delicious.:):)
I think will be south freo Vs subiaco GF. But peel make it I am more than happy to take it.
Deboer ,gu , silvagni all get drafted because of the WAfl GF . Not sure sherriden , sutty ,suban can get us there . I thing yarren score 4 goal too if I not mistaken .

Yarran kicked 5 in the GF from memory and was more than handy in our first final as well as the GF. Quieter in the finals in between. This season he has been too busy abandoning his car and then getting his fitness up pounding the pavement, parks and back lanes of houses.

Jetta has been a handy replacement for him though.

maybe I should bring back the WAFL games played spreadsheet that I did last year.

What are the new stipulations to play finals? We would have quite a few players who have already met them I reckon, including experienced ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How longs Leroy out for?
I think Jetta is out for 10 weeks. He was at the Peel/South Freo game a couple of weeks ago and he was sporting a knee brace like David Schwarz would have worn back in the day. I'm not sure when he hurt it, was it at training?

Peel Thunder
BR NyhuisZ DawsonA Bray
HBT BennellG IbbotsonT Duman
CB HancockD PearceC Thorne
HFH MatthewsM TabernerB Lawler
FFC MorrisN MerrittG Ugle
FL StrnadicaC SutcliffeR Obrien
Int.B Walsh, J Mathers, M Stevens, M Humble, M Tassone, J Perry, J Capurso,

Peel Thunder
BR NyhuisZ DawsonA Bray

Is Griffin injured?

According to Haggers he is.

Will be good to see how Strnadica goes as a the number 1 ruck.
Same , but also like to see Tab spend more time in Ruck, 50/50 might add flexibility and unpredictability for freo in future. Interested to see who been dropped from freo site. Hope kids like M.stevens play .

Same , but also like to see Tab spend more time in Ruck, 50/50 might add flexibility and unpredictability for freo in future. Interested to see who been dropped from freo site. Hope kids like M.stevens play .
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Stevens (191cm 17yo) play as well (has kicked 4, 4, 4 and 5 goals in his last 4 Colts games - only played 5 this year so far). Great to see Merritt (197cm 21yo) getting another League game as well - think he has improved a fair bit since last year and hopefully will work well with Tabs in the forward line. Peel forward depth looking quite good with those two plus Milward, and don't mind the look of Tassone either. At least some upside to Jetta and Bell being out is we get to see some of these guys play.

Peel Thunder
BR NyhuisZ DawsonA Bray

That's only 8 listed Fremantle players this week, so a very weakened team. However 3 players are to come out of the squad for Sunday with 1 to be the travelling emergency. So 2 more to make the Peel side. Peel's second string players are pretty ordinary though.

Last edited:
That's only 8 listed Fremantle players this week, so a very weekend team. However 3 players are to come out of the squad for Sunday with 1 to be the travelling emergency. So 2 more to make the Peel side. Peel's second string players are pretty ordinary though.

Indeed

Peel's second string players are pretty ordinary though.
They were pretty good two weeks ago against Souths and that was without Jetta and Bell (arguably two best forwards). We only had 11 listed players in that game - so only 1 more than we'll have this weekend. Should win easily against East Freo but don't want to jinx it given Strnadica will be the primary ruck. Just hope Nyhuis, Duman, Tabs, Luke etc have a good game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back