2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

God you're a troll. Once again you missed the point. I never knocked Suban. He was good against the Saints, not great against North though. The point was that Sutcliffe deserves midfield opportunities just as much as Suban and other players. Suban would find it hard if he had to play Cam's role in defense, and Cam is a runner that needs space.

And lol, WAFL stats only tell half the story. All AFL players should find WAFL cruisy.

Troll lol

Suttclife burns the ball at AFL level just look at his kicking efficiency. That's probably a pretty goid reason why he isn't playing in Freos midfield considering Mundy, Fyfe, Neale sometimes Blakely etc

Hadn't felt like tabs was doing much in the first half.
Heard an old bloke talking how tabs got a bake at half time for not going hard enough.
Came out and absolutely dominated, marked everything kicked straight. He leads East Perth 5.0 30 to 4.5 29

On SM-A5100 using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's really the issue for Tabs though, isn't it? You can't question the raw materials he has at his disposal, just his ability to put it all together consistently at the highest level.

In any case, good to see a Freo forward tearing it up.

Hadn't felt like tabs was doing much in the first half.
Heard an old bloke talking how tabs got a bake at half time for not going hard enough.
Came out and absolutely dominated, marked everything kicked straight. He leads East Perth 5.0 30 to 4.5 29

On SM-A5100 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oh la la. This is the reserves version of Pav's 8.2 beat West Coast's 6.12 :p

He has played seven WAFL games this year and averages 16 disposals a game. Sutcliffe averages 25 and a goal a game. Six more goals than Suban from two less games. Get your facts straight. Besides, you completely missed the point.
They play different roles. Suban got picked to play a specific role and it worked out. Stats mean nothing without context. For what it is worth Suttcliffe has played midfield for Freo, but as far as I can recall never inside mid/half forward role he is currently playing for Peel. If Suban shuts down Shuey tomorrow and Crozier doesn't have a good day I wouldn't mind that change.

Troll lol

Suttclife burns the ball at AFL level just look at his kicking efficiency. That's probably a pretty goid reason why he isn't playing in Freos midfield considering Mundy, Fyfe, Neale sometimes Blakely etc

Weller was burning the ball when playing in defense too, he had one of the worst turnover to disposal ratios in the comp early in the year. It's not easy playing in our defense, especially for running players.

They play different roles. Suban got picked to play a specific role and it worked out. Stats mean nothing without context. For what it is worth Suttcliffe has played midfield for Freo, but as far as I can recall never inside mid/half forward role he is currently playing for Peel. If Suban shuts down Shuey tomorrow and Crozier doesn't have a good day I wouldn't mind that change.

100 game AFL players should still find plenty of the ball at WAFL level and shouldn't really be role players at that level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those are the two reasons why he was dropped. He has a below AFL standard tank and has no defensive skills at all. How many goals has he single handedly conceded playing defense and how many tackles do you remember him sticking?

That said - as much as I don't rate him I wouldn't mind bringing him back into the seniors to play in the Forward line and going into the midfield for brief periods. See how he performs there, even I know he deserves a shot there because we all know he's hopeless in the backline.
He was dropped for defensive turnovers.

Everyone is well aware that Taberner has the body and skill to do well at AFL level. His issue has never been about that, it's always been about what's going on between his ears. Just seems to struggle with concentration and desire to compete hard.

Weller was burning the ball when playing in defense too, he had one of the worst turnover to disposal ratios in the comp early in the year. It's not easy playing in our defense, especially for running players.
You sure do love to get on your crusades about players... Sutcliffe has never shown that he is a good kick. He is an atrocious kick, which is the one reason he isn't in the team.

Weller on the other hand, yes he has had some quiet games, and some low DE games, but he def. has shown that he has an elite kick at times. He will develop into a fantastic player.

You sure do love to get on your crusades about players... Sutcliffe has never shown that he is a good kick. He is an atrocious kick, which is the one reason he isn't in the team.

Weller on the other hand, yes he has had some quiet games, and some low DE games, but he def. has shown that he has an elite kick at times. He will develop into a fantastic player.

I just think people love to hate on players, particularly defenders. Eg, Sutcliffe, Sheridan, Ibbotson, Spurr etc. It's not a position that inspires great skills and fast plays.

People seem to overlook the fact that kicking efficiency decreases rapidly the more pressure you're under.

Huh? Well not having a tank and defensive skills actually creates turnovers??

Sutcliffe's turnovers come from poor skills and especially poor decision making.

Since when was his tank a problem? If there's one thing that Lyon wouldn't like, it's players who don't put the training work in. And Sutcliffe was/is one of his favourites. Was an automatic inclusion for a long time despite being a turnover merchant every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back