2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing in the end ...tabs gray and Ryan I thought were best ,griff came back well to.
Same problems plaguing peel as freo,no surprises there....need the likes of Suban/Sutcliffe back in to help them against likes of subi

kudos to $ubi for being a professional outfit and taking advantages of the bullshit advantages they get but at least 1 of the other positives about AFL moving to Burswood will be no more million dollar plus rent/royalties for $ubi....then watch over the years how "good" their recruitment is then

Just on naughton,with the emergence of cox ,plus potentially a Pearce also being able to swing forward if he keeps progressing like this couldn't see why we couldn't genuinely consider him for our first-or could even be the catalyst for us downgrading our first (considering he's around the 10 mark.

Plus considering his marking ability and reading of the play he projects as more Jeremy McGovern than rance to me,so no reason he couldn't be trialled fwd ,I mean everyone's carrying on about drafting brander but plenty see him as more kpd as well

Well Dawson and Johnno are getting a bit on. Cox and A Pearce can both play forward.
Hamling, Pearce, Logue, Cox, Collins is already enough defenders. A Pearce was able to clunk the odd mark forward but compared to his defensive work was ordinary forward.

If Naughton was a later pick I would be all for it. He is not lasting past 20 IMO and we have only 1 pick in that range that shouldn't be used on him.

Hamling, Pearce, Logue, Cox, Collins is already enough defenders. A Pearce was able to clunk the odd mark forward but compared to his defensive work was ordinary forward.

If Naughton was a later pick I would be all for it. He is not lasting past 20 IMO and we have only 1 pick in that range that shouldn't be used on him.

What if we trade / down grade into two picks around 8-15 mark. Get Oscar Allen and Noughton?

What if we trade / down grade into two picks around 8-15 mark. Get Oscar Allen and Noughton?
I like both of those players, but KPD and a 2nd/3rd Tall forward are just about the furthest from priority for us at the moment.
Like if we found out that Allen's dad is 200cm and didn't stop growing until he 21 then sure grab him but otherwise we have more pressing issues with our list

See below, IMO.

I like both of those players, but KPD and a 2nd/3rd Tall forward are just about the furthest from priority for us at the moment.
Like if we found out that Allen's dad is 200cm and didn't stop growing until he 21 then sure grab him but otherwise we have more pressing issues with our list
Obviously some on here are seduced by Naughton being a Peel boy who goes alright. That's fair enough. You can't recruit based on feel good stories or purely on where the players are from though.

If we somehow happen upon one/both of them without giving up pick ~5 I'll be stoked is fair to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on naughton,with the emergence of cox ,plus potentially a Pearce also being able to swing forward if he keeps progressing like this couldn't see why we couldn't genuinely consider him for our first-or could even be the catalyst for us downgrading our first (considering he's around the 10 mark.

Plus considering his marking ability and reading of the play he projects as more Jeremy McGovern than rance to me,so no reason he couldn't be trialled fwd ,I mean everyone's carrying on about drafting brander but plenty see him as more kpd as well
JGov has amazing hands and reads the play as good as anyone. The rest of his forward craft is average at best. Think you would get similar results from Naughton as I agree they are similar - ie nowhere near as good as back.

If you need a forward, draft a forward. Don't draft a defender and play him forward. If there isn't a forward to draft, pick the next greatest area of need and that isn't KPD.

Strnadica had another good game in Ressies it seems. 42 HO 19 disposals and some 9 marks..and 2 goals.

Surely he gets a promotion to firsts if tabs goes in against GWS?

Strnadica had another good game in Ressies it seems. 42 HO 19 disposals and some 9 marks..and 2 goals.

I think this would be the case if Tabs were picked. Listening to Ross' presser I would say there is very little chance he is playing against GWS.

Clearly Nads is way too good (even as a beanpole) for the ressies though.

Big if but I agree he needs to be playing first ruck for peel, not sure what we're expecting to get out of Jono Griffin.

Just watching the replay now - jeez Brennan cox has good vision ...
Couple of his release handballs have been sublime.
Can't wait to see him and Alex Pearce work in tandem in our backline.

Barra's fapping over naughton is embarrassing - kids got some smarts though

Finished the second half of the game tonight.
Tabs was good, good enough for a recall to the 1's IMO.
Second half involved 1 over-cooked kick, 1 silly ruck infringement but plenty of contested marking and solid field kicking.

Naughton- wow !!
Second half was super impressive. Field kicking was good, has a strange looking ball drop but it's actually really controlled - very much in the mould of MJ.
Reading of the flight and his hands are second to none.
Wouldn't be upset at all if we grabbed him this year in the hope apeness can play the fwd/ruck role we're screaming out for.
APearce, Hamling, Naughton down back offers flexibility required in the modern game

Naughton- wow !!
Second half was super impressive. Field kicking was good, has a strange looking ball drop but it's actually really controlled - very much in the mould of MJ.
Reading of the flight and his hands are second to none.
Wouldn't be upset at all if we grabbed him this year in the hope apeness can play the fwd/ruck role we're screaming out for.
APearce, Hamling, Naughton down back offers flexibility required in the modern game

We also have Collins, Cox and Logue as key defenders. I think another key defender is the absolute lowest of our priorities right now.

I think our biggest needs are 1. Key Forward, 2. Ruck/Forward 3. Small Forward 4. Outside mids

We also have Collins, Cox and Logue as key defenders. I think another key defender is the absolute lowest of our priorities right now.

I think our biggest needs are 1. Key Forward, 2. Ruck/Forward 3. Small Forward 4. Outside mids

What if I told you some key defenders, can play forward. Look at Tom MacDonald just killing it. What if Joel Hamling became our CHF and Alex Pearce our FF?

What if I told you some key defenders, can play forward. Look at Tom MacDonald just killing it. What if Joel Hamling became our CHF and Alex Pearce our FF?

That would be great but I can't ever see Ross Lyon doing it. He's chosen to play no forward line rather than put someone like Hamling forward. He could easily select Collins to play in defense if he wanted to, he's been killing it at Peel.

Even if we did throw 1 of those guys forward 6 key defenders is plenty, we don't need to draft more. You could also throw Ubergang in there.

We have other areas of much greater need that I couldn't see us drafting someone like Naughton in the first 3 rounds. Normally I would think we might take a punt in the 3rd round but given we don't have a second rounder this year we'll probably use our 3rd on an area of greater need.

I'm not convinced anyone can play forward Rgauci. Lots of players have gone back to defend but kicking goals is a lot harder than looking after your man in defense. Natural goal sense is intangible and although kicking for goals can be trained most the time its a mental thing. Players either have it or they don't in my opinion. I guess thats why this conversation comes up so much and why I feel someone like Tabs for instance has all the tools physically but not mentally to assert himself in the forward half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back