2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like a ruling that those who were qualified already aren't able to lose that qualification. So the change from 50 to 100 games would only apply to those born after 2003.

North would spit the dummy because Josh Kelly would have qualified too but if Carlton win this week against Hawthorn then North just lose next week for pick #1 and get him free anyway.

Buuuuut we know AFL fans aren't interested in justice, they would rather everyone else gets a punch in the face than they get punched and everyone misses out because a punch was unfair.

Still, we should email Freo FC about getting a special ruling.
But Stephen didn't qualify at the time (no WAFL games pre 1987).

Where Freo were derelict is not asking the AFL to amend the ruling to pre 1987 for West Coast and pre 1995 for Freo. Likewise Port should have asked for pre 1991 for Adelaide and pre 1997 for themselves.

They had until 2003 to do it, but didn't.

Neither Freo nor Port existed in 1993, hence the rule was written as 'WAFL and SANFL requirements...'.
Both Freo and Port should have asked for the loophole to be closed but didn't.

Of course in this case it would have been a moot point if Stephen O'Reilly didn't get injured in the opening minutes of Freo's rd 20, 1999 game v Brisbane. He missed the last two games of the season and left Freo at season's end on 98 games.

Just got home , how the **ck they won is still a mystery to me. Sat with Harry in the East members also with a life East member who said East's will stuff it up and he was so right. Griff played a monster last and Naughton being switched forward swung the game. Naughtons pack mark and goal was a thing of beauty. The kid also plays forward .;) If no one has noticed I love this kid. A skinny 17 year old taking that pressure mark a nailing the important goal shows what he is made of. Ibbo and Collins were ok . Duman and Strat ordinary.

Just got home , how the **ck they won is still a mystery to me. Sat with Harry in the East members also with a life East member who said East's will stuff it up and he was so right. Griff played a monster last and Naughton being switched forward swung the game. Naughtons pack mark and goal was a thing of beauty. The kid also plays forward .;) If no one has noticed I love this kid. A skinny 17 year old taking that pressure mark a nailing the important goal shows what he is made of. Ibbo and Collins were ok . Duman and Strat ordinary.
How was Sheriden ?Stat wise definitely look good .

J3bEXdV.png

81GOxO8.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the game and thought that Griffin was B.O.G.

Sheridan did some nice things, as did Ibbo, but Dawson and Strnadica couldn't get into the game. Duman and Collins got better as the game went on.

Leroy Jetta is massively overweight and has no match fitness after missing 12 weeks of football.

Peel played one good quarter of football and won the game. The highlight for mine was having a beer in the members bar after the game and watching the faces of the Eagles supporters around me as GWS ended their finals hopes.

Went to the game and thought that Griffin was B.O.G.

Sheridan did some nice things, as did Ibbo, but Dawson and Strnadica couldn't get into the game. Duman and Collins got better as the game went on.

Leroy Jetta is massively overweight and has no match fitness after missing 12 weeks of football.

Peel played one good quarter of football and won the game. The highlight for mine was having a beer in the members bar after the game and watching the faces of the Eagles supporters around me as GWS ended their finals hopes.
Hopefully their finals dreams haven't ended yet. I'ld like to think that Essendon beating Freo next week is what will ultimately cost them the finals - go freoooooooooooooo do it for the LOLZ!

The father son rule is unequal. VFL teams get access to sons because their fathers played in the 1970's in a different competition.

Non-VFL teams get shafted due to their short history. IMO the Eagles have better claim to Josh Kelly given Phil Kelly played 100+ games for Easts.

tl;dr - Given the shorter histories of non-VFL teams, the eligibility criteria short be less than VFL teams.

The father son rule is unequal. VFL teams get access to sons because their fathers played in the 1970's in a different competition.

Non-VFL teams get shafted due to their short history. IMO the Eagles have better claim to Josh Kelly given Phil Kelly played 100+ games for Easts.

tl;dr - Given the shorter histories of non-VFL teams, the eligibility criteria short be less than VFL teams.
Just to pad this out with stats:

Of the 540 players to play more than 200 games, Fremantle has 9 of them - 1.67% of them.

We have 41 players who have played 100 games or more. 12 of them are currently on our list. Another sixteen left the club in this decade (2010+)

19 men 35/36 years or older, allowing them to have been 18 before having children. This includes Pavlich and McPharlin.

East Perth are probably going to need to beat Subi next week to make the finals.

Assuming EP lose, West Perth can jump them into fifth if they beat Claremont. Likewise if Claremont win, they're a chance to go past EP on percentage.

East Perth are probably going to need to beat Subi next week to make the finals.

Assuming EP lose, West Perth can jump them into fifth if they beat Claremont. Likewise if Claremont win, they're a chance to go past EP on percentage.

West Perth president hates Peel. That is totally irrelevant to what you posted but I had the urge to post that.

Will you play Ethan to qualify for final series or play him in AFL.

Will you play Ethan to qualify for final series or play him in AFL.
Unfortunately for him I don't think we'll have anyone to replace him in the AFL side.

I'm a bit concerned for Peel's finals series, that they should be getting back a lot of our AFL kids, but they look burned out already and need a rest.

Unfortunately for him I don't think we'll have anyone to replace him in the AFL side.

I'm a bit concerned for Peel's finals series, that they should be getting back a lot of our AFL kids, but they look burned out already and need a rest.
Fair enough, I am just asking I don't think Ethan will benefit from it either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back