2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he would benefit from more games.

There is already going to be five or so qualified players missing out but Hughes playing back would be a massive improvement over Ibbo
I hate to said this , I rather he avoid injury and had a good pre season. I just can't see peel win back to back this year . Blakely ,langdon,deboer and Yarran are a class above last year.

Chances are with so many established WA players on our radar, we won't be going into the draft with pick 5.
If Naughton is available at 10-12 I'd love for us to take him.
That is my range too .

Chances are with so many established WA players on our radar, we won't be going into the draft with pick 5.
If Naughton is available at 10-12 I'd love for us to take him.
Who is actually get-able of the players worth 5 though?

Let's put aside Hogan because it's really unrealistic.

The only players worth anything of note are MGov and Wilson. After the McCarthy fiasco I am not sure how we get a contracted Wilson from GWS for anything less than massive overs OR if they are keen to move him. MGov might go for 5 IF we get ~10 back but even then I doubt it. He is uncontracted so I expect us to hardball that one for our 2018 2nd or similar.

I think we hold 5 and I really hope we do.

Who is actually get-able of the players worth 5 though?

Let's put aside Hogan because it's really unrealistic.

The only players worth anything of note are MGov and Wilson. After the McCarthy fiasco I am not sure how we get a contracted Wilson from GWS for anything less than massive overs OR if they are keen to move him. MGov might go for 5 IF we get ~10 back but even then I doubt it. He is uncontracted so I expect us to hardball that one for our 2018 2nd or similar.

I think we hold 5 and I really hope we do.
No idea, but I think we will end up with somebody and likely downgrade our 1st, i'll leave the trade musing to another thread for now though.

So many young players would need a rest, I'm all for having a good finals series- to see who wants that contract. But Subiaco are so strong this year, is it really worth it? Last season was a great team- Langdon, Blakely, De Boer, Nyhuis, De Luca, Mzungu, C. Pearce, Hughes, Yarran, Apeness, Silvagni.
Half of those aren't playing- others have played frequently in AFL.

What's the likely team to play, Week 1 of finals?
My guess is :

FB: Nyhuis, Collins, Dawson
HB: Ibbo, Naughton, Bray?
C: Duman, O'Brien, T. Bennell
HF: Ugle, Taberner, Jetta
FF: H. Bennell, Strnadica, Grey?
R: Griffin, De Luca, Sheridan

Interchange: Bell, Matthews, ?, ?.

Cant see Luke Ryan playing, he needs a rest with the game time he's been getting.

Question marks on Grey, Cox and Harley Bennell.

So 12 players selected. Can be up to 14/15 if Cox, Ryan and Grey come in.

So many young players would need a rest, I'm all for having a good finals series- to see who wants that contract. But Subiaco are so strong this year, is it really worth it? Last season was a great team- Langdon, Blakely, De Boer, Nyhuis, De Luca, Mzungu, C. Pearce, Hughes, Yarran, Apeness, Silvagni.

My guess is :

Cant see Luke Ryan playing, he needs a rest with the game time he's been getting.

I think this will depend on whether Freo want young player development or if they are happy for Peel to try and win. Some of the younger guys might get first dibs if it is the former.

Also think a fit Harley Bennell is 100% lock and Cox will play over Nads. Ryan should play because he is awesome at that level.

My guess is :

Suban,Pearce,Logue,Ryan ,Cox will play. Grey and Strada won't. 15 should line up.

My guess is :

Grey had shoulder surgery won't be available, Bennell could be massive, he's going to cop a lot of attention

Maybe Darcy FF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is :

Gray hasn't played enough (only 4 games and is injured). I'd add big Darcy to play along with Cox, Ryan, Logue & Danyle Pearce. Why qualify Harley Bennell if he isn't to play. He is a definite and needs the run to set him up nicely for Pre-Season.

FB: Nyhuis, Collins, Logue
HB: Ibbo, Naughton, Ryan
HF: Ugle, Taberner, D. Pearce
FF: H. Bennell, Cox, Jetta

Interchange: Darcy, Dawson, Matthews, Bell, Lawler, Bray

Gray hasn't played enough (only 4 games and is injured). I'd add big Darcy to play along with Cox, Ryan, Logue & Danyle Pearce. Why qualify Harley Bennell if he isn't to play. He is a definite and needs the run to set him up nicely for Pre-Season.

But obviously with player burn out- don't forget Logue is in his first year. Played a fair few games. He would be 50/50 ? Same with Darcy. Probably will be right with the week off, now he has accepted it. Harley would have to be rested against Essendon to play the first week..

I'd hope that anyone who's going to be here next year and requires surgery* gets it straight away. Peel can have everyone who's either departing or fully fit. They are doing us a favour by allowing us to us use them as a reserves team so we shouldn't be pulling out players for the sake of it but the priority for freo should be 2018.

*proper surgery not clean up stuff that'll take 1-3 to recover from

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd hope that anyone who's going to be here next year and requires surgery* gets it straight away. Peel can have everyone who's either departing or fully fit. They are doing us a favour by allowing us to us use them as a reserves team so we shouldn't be pulling out players for the sake of it but the priority for freo should be 2018.

*proper surgery not clean up stuff that'll take 1-3 to recover from

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely spot on , I don't think peel really going all out to defend their title this year why get freo players who is out of contract injured and get delisted . Peel local players should get exposed more this year.

I'm sure everyone would agree with this. The only one that comes to mind is Luke Ryan. He has had a few injuries early in the year and came off a disrupted Pre-Season. He has a lot of strapping on his shoulder as well. If he needs surgery then absolutely let's get him done now. The pre-season is crucial. But the youngsters and the likes of H. Bennell the extra games with Peel in the Finals are invaluable. I think we have sent quite a few off for surgery already.

Unfortunately for him I don't think we'll have anyone to replace him in the AFL side.

I'm a bit concerned for Peel's finals series, that they should be getting back a lot of our AFL kids, but they look burned out already and need a rest.
Ibbo with one last game?
Our kids are not burned out it's Ross Lyon football.. :p

I am not sure why he don't want to rest some players , hopefully nobody get injured .

Subes into the middle , Sheridan to the wing, Obrien to midfield and Duman to emergency and that side should pummel Souths.

Would be great to see the likes of Darcy, Ryan, Cox, Logue all running around in the Peel finals.
I am in conflict mood , one part of me want them to play and the other part avoid injury and had a good pre season , I don't think peel will win it this year either ( hope I am wrong)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back