Hot Topic 2017 Phantom Draft - E.O.I.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless someone wants to step up to the plate, I'll get the phantom up and running either tonight or tomorrow.

Bit hard for me today as I'm not in Melbourne.
Lists haven't been finalised for the draft...

There's also an argument to be made for waiting for the Draft Machine so people can watch some more video on lesser-known candidates.

The two biggest complaints that saw B&S quit were:

1. Why aren't we starting now?
2. Why isn't the thread going to be in the main sub-forum?

I think the following have put their hand up to be involved:
HARKER
Coona Blues
Jabba73 ?
gandaal
Blue and Silver ?
TerryWallet
Soapy V
Pablito
Jimmae
Blugazi
Laurence
Cavalicious
Arr0w
Old navy
Toddski
SkyhorseTamer
Wickzki
Jeremias
----
ScottoP
Red Bull ?
Matty411

Maybe if we can get every above and below the '----' to confirm their participation by COB Thursday (9th of November). If we don't hear a peep from some from above the '----', we have three reserves to come in. We can do a random draw on Thursday night (if we still have enough numbers) to decide who gets which team.

As I just posted in another thread, unless someone else wants to take control I'll get this going either tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the above list Blugazi - we'll use that as a starting point.
So we've now completely ignored the original Phantom Draft thread and have adopted HARKER's approach of wiping the board and starting again?

As I've already told you in another thread, this was what caused a problem in the first place. Everyone who signed up to the snake draft signed up for two drafts, and as a result they should get first right of refusal. Some have already exercised that right in this thread, and ScottoP has clearly not.

For the sake of fairness, please do not use this list as a starting point.

Going off previous years, the 2017 Draft Machine should be online in the next 7 days. Once we get a confirmation that it's in the pipeline, then we can safely commence about a day or two in advance of its release, preferably having people already assigned to a team prior to this so they can carry out some research into their list in their spare time.

If we're just going to start on Thursday without considering any of this, I'm out.

So we've now completely ignored the original Phantom Draft thread and have adopted HARKER's approach of wiping the board and starting again?

As I've already told you in another thread, this was what caused a problem in the first place. Everyone who signed up to the snake draft signed up for two drafts, and as a result they should get first right of refusal. Some have already exercised that right in this thread, and ScottoP has clearly not.

Going off previous years, the 2017 Draft Machine should be online in the next 7 days. Once we get a confirmation that it's in the pipeline, then we can safely commence about a day or two in advance of its release, preferably having people already assigned to a team prior to this so they can carry out some research into their list in their spare time.

If we're just going to start on Thursday without considering any of this, I'm out.

Mate, I think you caused the problem by insisting on several things. This Phantom would have been half way through, if not more, had have it been allowed the room to breathe. Forget the snake draft in the Blue Room. It never happened.

Mate, I think you caused the problem by insisting on several things. This Phantom would have been half way through, if not more, had have it been allowed the room to breathe. Forget the snake draft in the Blue Room. It never happened.
Last year's 2nd Phantom started on the 11th, after the Draft Machine and first DFA period were completed.

Our first phantom wasn't as early as last year, but still started earlier than any other previous forum-run phantoms.

This agitation you've driven is built off your impatience, or some sort of point you seem intent on proving. If I'm being honest, I'm pretty tired of your attitude towards this: it's needlessly combative after you've managed to skim-read the initial discussions on how we'd like to proceed this year.

Calm down Jim. There's no need to get worked up about things. First preference will go to those who participated in the snake draft, as promised.

On my phone somewhere in WA right now - I wasn't aware the list provided is different to those who participated previously.

Lists haven't been finalised for the draft...

There's also an argument to be made for waiting for the Draft Machine so people can watch some more video on lesser-known candidates.

When are lists finalized?

The BF phantom is starting tomorrow I believe.

The two biggest complaints that saw B&S quit were:

1. Why aren't we starting now?
2. Why isn't the thread going to be in the main sub-forum?

1. Because as far as I can see there's been a blow up about not much and nobody wanted to step up to the plate. We'll start this week.

2. It'll be on the main Carlton board.

Good man .
On the main board here for maximum exposure and convenience ?

Yes.

7 to 10 days from the actual event would seem suitable. Not sure why there is a rush. Build towards the event. Jimmae wanting to
coordinate with the "Draft Machine" is not a bad thing. Allows some final research for participants and a point of reference for those
casual observers watching our Phantom1

When mate is mentioned
Look out :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calm down Jim. There's no need to get worked up about things. First preference will go to those who participated in the snake draft, as promised.

On my phone somewhere in WA right now - I wasn't aware the list provided is different to those who participated previously.
There's only one person I'm annoyed with here, and they're fully aware of it.

When are lists finalized?
DFA period one end tomorrow night, while the second period ends a week before the draft. I'm happy with starting from Friday onwards, depending on the ETA for the 2017 AFL Draft Machine.

The BF phantom is starting tomorrow I believe.
BF Phantom's underway, but each poster is tapped into club gossip and knows if their list is pretty much finalised before the draft. Additionally, these are some of the forum's best draft watchers, usually each with 30+ hours of match footage/viewing under their belt. We're not.

1. Because as far as I can see there's been a blow up about not much and nobody wanted to step up to the plate. We'll start this week.
100% agree.

Here's the names from the snake draft, and then the names who've expressed interest in this thread.
Blue and Silver
Neadsy83
BlueTongue
TerryWallet
Coona Blues
Blugazi
gandaal
ShanDog
Jeremias
Jimmae
ScottoP
Soapy V
Focault1989
SkyhorseTamer
Wickzki
HARKER
esoteric
Arr0w
----
Jabba73
Pablito
Laurence
Cavalicious
Old navy
Toddski
ScottoP
Red Bull
Matty411

Here's the names from the snake draft, and then the names who've expressed interest in this thread.
Blue and Silver
Neadsy83
BlueTongue
TerryWallet
Coona Blues
Blugazi
gandaal
ShanDog
Jeremias
Jimmae
ScottoP
Soapy V
Focault1989
SkyhorseTamer
Wickzki
HARKER
esoteric
Arr0w
----
Jabba73
Pablito
Laurence
Cavalicious
Old navy
Toddski
ScottoP
Red Bull
Matty411

I thought I put my name down? I want in please

Looks like there is more than enough interest to run it without my contribution.

Let someone play who is really interested. Happy to send in my thoughts from the safety of the peanut gallery.

Phantom Draft confirmations:

Blue and Silver
Neadsy83
BlueTongue (yet to post in thread)
TerryWallet
Coona Blues
Blugazi
gandaal
ShanDog
Jeremias
Jimmae
ScottoP
Soapy V
Foucault1989 (yet to post in thread)
SkyhorseTamer
Wickzki
HARKER (offered to step out)
esoteric
Arr0w
----
Jabba73 (I assume he was joking)
Pablito
Laurence
Cavalicious
Old navy
Toddski
Red Bull
Matty411

I thought I put my name down? I want in please
You're there. :)

Last edited:
Phantom Draft confirmations:

Blue and Silver (if he wants to play still)
Neadsy83 (yet to post in thread)
BlueTongue (yet to post in thread)
TerryWallet
Coona Blues
Blugazi
gandaal
ShanDog (yet to post in thread)
Jeremias (offered to step out)
Jimmae
ScottoP
Soapy V
Foucault1989 (yet to post in thread)
SkyhorseTamer
Wickzki
HARKER (offered to step out)
esoteric
Arr0w
----
Jabba73 (I assume he was joking)
Pablito
Laurence
Cavalicious
Old navy
Toddski
Red Bull
Matty411

You're there. :)
I'm still up for it

I'm feeling like a Cat B Rookie at the moment... hoping for a few injuries* and maybe I can better Korcheck to get a run.

*I don't actually hold any ill will for those listed to partake. Good health to you all**

**But seriously... I wouldn't be disappointed if there were 5 scratchings Melbourne Cup-style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back