Competitions 2017 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

From memory he towelled up Vic Country at the end of the champs. Was BOG

Yep. No doubt, at 18 he can compete with the best of 18yo's and even maybe go alright at SANFL level too.

Don't think there's much at all to come though. just my opinion.

#NickGrahamatbestimo

PS i'm not attempting to piss on the selection as there's not much left. Just thought i'd attempt a sorta quick humorous reply to the tag

Still some interesting prospects available, looking forward to see if they are selected

Pick 74 - Kyron Hayden

Write up later

Foucault1989 up next
Do you think he'll make it this far on draft day?

Some strong talk about him in the 45-55 range, then Essendon might launch at him if he slips to their 4th rounder. Would love him at #73.

Do you think he'll make it this far on draft day?

Some strong talk about him in the 45-55 range, then Essendon might launch at him if he slips to their 4th rounder. Would love him at #73.

Would be a great pick with our 4th, given I believe body and skill wise he is ready to go

Think his range is a 3rd rounder

Could've sworn Hayden was already taken....but apparently not.

Maybe I'm going crazy. Definitely would've considered him at my 4th pick.

Yeah, bit o confusion between Harks and arrow earlier in draft. Harks sorta picked Kyron for Arrow in his absence but Arrow went a different way with his actual pick.

Swans current have 6 open list spots, but yeah I think it's fair to say Sydney will pass on their final two picks.
Ah I thought they had 4 - yeah still likely pass those two. UNLESS someone amazing is on the board. Have my last pick in mind but anything can happen - could still be pulled from underneath me.

Ah I thought they had 4 - yeah still likely pass those two. UNLESS someone amazing is on the board. Have my last pick in mind but anything can happen - could still be pulled from underneath me.
Alrighty then: pick 91 is still in play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think we will finish our draft before the actual draft?

Anyway this gives me a chance to write up about B.Ainsworth with pick 66 for North. He was AA at the champs and played in the WAFL reserves premiership for Subi and averaged around 20 touches. So he knows how to find the ball and is an excellent clearance player.

I just went with one of the best options available here. He could be a decent long term replacement for Andrew Swallow. Over the next couple of years he will develop an AFL physique and should be able to play regularly for North.

Ok so the AFL released their final draft order and it was still 96 picks, so I've gone over the BF thread and they've made a couple of entry errors that threw me off.

There is 96 picks, and Matty411 you were right about Sydney having 5 picks (2nd rookie elevation), so I've deleted their 7th round pick.

Soapy V and Blue and Silver, you each have an extra 6th round pick, though I suspect you'll both be passing on these anyway.

This hasn't affected any bids, it's just a slightly jostling of picks that haven't been used yet. Jeremias, the updated order is there for you to use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back