2017 Planning thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
thinking about Tippett/Ryder as my rucks

risky but could pay off.

(i did say i would start Tippett this year and didnt......:cool:)

Robbie Gray will be my first picked if DPP (probably first picked anyway)

thinking about Tippett/Ryder as my rucks

risky but could pay off.

(i did say i would start Tippett this year and didnt......:cool:)

Robbie Gray will be my first picked if DPP (probably first picked anyway)
Tippet is way to injury prone to ever be a set and forget ruck. You burn a trade on him for sure.

A Gawn/Ryder could be a winner.

Seasons almost done and there's going to be changes for next year. In my opinion this will happen with a few, if anyone has ideas post them

LOSE DPP

Zac Merrett (MID)
Jimmy Bartel (DEF)
Mitch Robinson (MID)
Michael Barlow (MID)
Marcus Adams (DEF)
Daniel Rich (MID)

Gain DPP

Lachie Hunter (DEF/MID)
Luke Hodge (DEF/MID)
Jack Martin (DEF/MID)
Nick Riewodlt (MID/FWD)
Leigh Montagna (DEF/MID) Changed from fwd
Who are you? :huh:

I came up with this team for 2017 in under 5 mins last week.

I kinda like it too.

B - Shaw, Docherty, Laird, mid pricer, rookie, rookie
C - Neale, Bontempelli, Pendles, Dangerfield, mid pricer, rookie, rookie, rookie
R - Goldstein, Gawn (Cheap ruck/forward spud rookie)
F - Martin, Zorko, Dahlhaus, mid pricer, rookie, rookie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Initial thoughts are Fyfe, Beams, Dangerfield, Bont, Treloar. I doubt Dusty or Zerrett gets Fwd/Mid status so probably Dahlhouse, Zorko up forward. Higgins perhaps another depending on price. Defenders will look at Shaw, Z.Williams, Docherty.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Gray, Monty and a few other DPP options.

Those I probably won't be looking at again are Deledio & Rance

This thread is for campaigners stuck in the 0 trades left club or are sooo farked they stopped giving a stuff a few weeks ago... Looking at you Here2tellyouwhy ...

Anyways next season #1 JOM, Fyfe, Beams. Locked in

I wanted to finish in single digits 1-99
Now I just want to finish with in a single digit %
1-19,999 :drunk::D

:'(:'(:'(

One thing I learnt this year was that it's ok to start the year with a non playing rookie in round 1
Took Milera out of panic (over Petracca) and it cost me $50k (which would have been damn handy considering I started with so many top price players) and made me waste a trade

A few have been added to my never again list:
-Barlow
-Rocky
-Rich
-Stef Martin

Locked&loaded:
-Starting with Danger, no matter what he costs, the new SP perma captain GAJ 2.0 has arrived
-Jasper Pittard will again be my first picked def premo
-I'll start with Sauce Jacobs in the ruck as he'll be way unders for his potential
-Dusty will be my first picked fwd premo, assuming he keeps his mid/fwd eligibility

Sadly, I'll consider starting with Birchall again...

Oh and I almost forgot...
bad luck OUT
good luck IN

I've taken a few premos at their peak price, or close to it, early on:
Gray round 3 ~ $595k
Hanners round 6 ~ $620k
Buddy round 7 ~ $500k
Joey round 8 ~ $535k
And to achieve this I've moved on rookies too early, which has resulted in a big net loss. I've learned that you can get the team you want at a better price if you're patient.

I'd always planned to blow a bunch of trades earlier rather than later under the premise that the sooner you're full premo, the more points you're going to end up with at the end of the year. But there are three sideways trades up to round 4 that were really just wasted, and I'd give anything to have back now - only one trade left. Why, I do believe I'd give my very soul to have those back now.

This is only my third season at SC, so I think I've done okay (currently 2751), but these are my key learnings to take into next year.

Patience! Play the long game, Sir Hugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back