Competitions 2017 Player Sponsor Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there should be some sort of check and balance in place that 'sponsors' who do SFA for the year have to have a spell.

Plenty of dead wood in evidence the two years I have been around for it.

Or a thread where we can publicly shame lame sponsors. I'm down with that too :eek: :D

Yep I agree, it's often a case of people sign up and then lose interest by January.

I don't want to curse myself, but I think it'd be more fun to get a maligned player. It'd be too easy to pump up JK's tyres for example.
I agree it would be more fun. I had Shuey a couple of years ago. Its harder when they're good every week cos there's rarely anthing to argue, rarely anything to defend, gets a bit boring. And then you get lost in between every other poster when there's a lovein.(not that i was the greatest sponsor, it was different to what i expected). The job spaceclef does is fabulous in its own right, but he also has had much maligned players which he does a wonderful job defending, which makes his sponsorship stick out.

In - although I was in last year (Yeo) and am not on the auto list?

The only people who get an automatic entry were the ones who were finalists for doing a good job from last year. If you didn't get an automatic entry, it means you have to lift your game this year ;)

Dammit work for making me miss this!!!
You are now in, the seeding system looks after the longer serving posters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be name in the hat...
#jobsfortheboys
:)

We used to do that, then the longer serving posters were complaining that the newer people were getting priority before them and new posters don't always hang around either which was a fair point.

So basically it's incentive for people to hang around here for longer and contribute, the more and longer active you are the more chance you are of being involved in the sponsor draft.

We used to do that, then the longer serving posters were complaining that the newer people were getting priority before them and new posters don't always hang around either which was a fair point.

So basically it's incentive for people to hang around here for longer and contribute, the more and longer active you are the more chance you are of being involved in the sponsor draft.

How long you have been on here isn't a reliable measure of how active you are. Your post rate up the current date is the only reliable measure (which is hard to calculate granted). I'm not fussed either way but not pissing off the old grumpy chaps means everyone around here is happier :)

Looks like my policy of quality posting over quantity is going against me...

mi2p9JqEQC6yLHNuBXL6_Shovel%20Prank%20Fail.gif

Close this already otherwise I'm going to fall so far down the order I'm going to end up with Tom Lamb, and you know I'm going to have to try and outdo SpaceClef 's efforts this year which is just going to annoy everyone

Close this already otherwise I'm going to fall so far down the order I'm going to end up with Tom Lamb, and you know I'm going to have to try and outdo SpaceClef 's efforts this year which is just going to annoy everyone
He'll be one of the first picked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back