Player Sponsorship 2017 Player Sponsorship - Kennedy and K Smith - Player function review 23/7

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Yeah, where be da badges?
They should be, in fact should have been ages ago, but I think the request to Chiefy just went through at a super busy time. I'll go hassle now. Right away. With alacrity.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Whoohoo yeeehaaaaa badges!

Sorry about the delay everyone. We were the team that Bigfooty forgot, and I didn't agitate enough with other things going on.

Anyhow I'll give it a couple of hours because I need a snooze anyway, then I'll check back in to see that everyone has everything. Also Melbourne have just mailed us a sponsor player women's team picture only slightly bent by Australia Post to raffle - which I will get happening tonight before we trade everyone.

The badge colour is different to last years and all those before it. Both are lighter.

It's like the colours we wore in the 80's. Well I guess we are playing like its the early 80's again. Or like the players are in their 80's.

Great work on the badges and the sponsorship in general PG. You have clearly been taught by experts.

Re: changing the order of badges, if you go to your Profile Page there is a link to see all the badges you've been awarded, but the link appears to be dead. Shame.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Nice work PG! Now get those old badges shortened ;)
Okay. Chief has been all obliging of late so I should try and take advantage. Anyone would think you were ashamed of poor old Dom Barry.

Ok, went to the player function today. Mrs Crimzette Azure was supposed to come but came down with the flu so I ended up taking a young bloke with me. He is a little awkward but the players were great with him and all took the time to get a pic with him. He chatted with Bernie for a good 10 minutes. Hovered over Trac til I went up and introduced him. Players are well trained how to deal with fans.

Observations:
  • Viney is on crutches but reckons he'll be ok.
  • Jones says he's a couple of weeks away.
  • Gawn not the apparently due to a sore foot. Watts said that everyone will now have to find another player they want to talk to.
  • I am either taller than I thought or they can't measure properly. I thought I was the same height as Viney but am taller. I'm as tall as half the team or there about and I'm only 5'10.
  • Oliver: Didn't talk to him but BenKen rates him really highly. He seems to saunter around with a cheeky smirk most of the time. Is a tall 187cm.
  • A number of player sat in the corner at times talking amongst themselves but then would move around a bit.
  • Quite a few players spent the majority of their time with those who I assume sponsor them.
  • Not there: Gawn and Hogan, J.Smith I didn't see but most other players were.
  • Spencil looks like the wild man from Borneo.
  • Food was ok. There were a few players who wouldn't go near it and others like Tmac and Trac who were right into it.
  • Can confirm that JKH does have a large head irl.
  • Tim Smith in a moon boot.
  • Salem a little taller than expected.
  • Trengove was getting lots of love from the supporters about getting a game.
  • Can confirm that Hunt has long fingers.
Chatting with the players:

I'm not the type of person to approach someone just because they are 'somebody' so perhaps not a comprehensive report.
  • BenKen: Said he had a fracture in his leg during the pre season and has been behind all year, still causing some issues but is confident he will make it back into the 22. Was open and said he has a few things to work on his game and thats his focus. Spoke about finals and he is dead keen to play in them. Said it played a big part in coming to the club as he saw a bright future.
  • Trac: Was friendly and seems genuinely interested in talking to you. Introduces himself by name which is a nice touch as it comes across as he doesn't expect you to know who he is. Was good with the kids too.
  • Watts: Friendly and apparently loves star wars. Made a joke when he spoke at the beginning of the function about him having a crap game yesterday.
  • Viney: Said his foot was fine, despite being on crutches.
  • Jetta: Walked up to him and said I'm here to worship at the #ChurchofNev. He just laughed it off. Nice bloke and has a bit of personality about him.
  • Lewis: Someone asked him whats the difference from being at the Hawks and the Dees, I chipped in and said 'A lot less premierships' I think he thought I was having a go at him as he said back 'Well I've still got them'
  • Tmac: Spent most of his time with his sponsors. I was walking past and one of his sponsors thought I was trying to talk to him so asked me as much. I just said Tom alright but I wasn't trying to talk to him.
If I think of anything else I'll post it later. Happy to try to answer any questions.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
  • Food was ok. There were a few players who wouldn't go near it and others like Tmac and Trac who were right into it.
LOL

• Lewis: Someone asked him whats the difference from being at the Hawks and the Dees, I chipped in and said 'A lot less premierships' I think he thought I was having a go at him as he said back 'Well I've still got them'

I can feel the cringe through my screen.

• Tmac: Spent most of his time with his sponsors. I was walking past and one of his sponsors thought I was trying to talk to him so asked me as much. I just said Tom alright but I wasn't trying to talk to him.
Do you mean his sponsor got mad you were trying to talk to him? I might be an idiot but I don't understand this sentence.

LOL

I can feel the cringe through my screen.

Do you mean his sponsor got mad you were trying to talk to him? I might be an idiot but I don't understand this sentence.

No, was more inviting me to come talk to him.

On that there were quite a few older woman (55-70) who were there. Toorak divorcees looking looking for some fresh meat perhaps.

Did you ask Ben Ken if he thought he'd get a game this year?
No, but he seemed confident of working his way into the team. I think I mentioned that he has a couple of things to work on.

On that I forgot to post that he said his disposal efficiency was one of the things he was working on.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
No, but he seemed confident of working his way into the team. I think I mentioned that he has a couple of things to work on.

On that I forgot to post that he said his disposal efficiency was one of the things he was working on.
Exactly how is it you can confirm the thing about Hunt's fingers?

Back