Player Sponsorship 2017 Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Next year we should totally sponsor both Josh Clayton and Jack Clayton just to confuse people.

I don't know if the Lions offer sponsorships for the Norwood 2nds. :(

image.jpeg Thanks to the Brisbane BF community for permitting me and the boy (10 yo) to the player sponsor gig. I've been to half a dozen in Brisbane and Melbourne over the last decade and for mine it's the best date on the calendar.

The boy ran about Tassie devil style collecting autos. He must've gotten 40 on his jersey and a similar number of footy cards signed. Then he decided to fill in his autograph book supplied for the night and I think he got all payers in attendance bar a couple. I know it's a club directive but no one said no or even sighed at his requests.

In between I wandered around necking James Squire stubbies and chatting to players that we saw either at the NEAFL or from previous sponsorship years. The vibe seems good and far more upbeat, and McCluggage and Berry in particular seem to have the right attitude about things.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of these young blokes have decided to build something together, rather than scarper like cockroaches when the lights turn on like the GH5 (not that I'm bagging them all. They each had their reasons.)

With Mathieson, Berry, Clugga and Witherden the future is bright. Cedric Cox (extremely shy but a genuinely nice bloke) will bring the silk, and Harris Andrews and Hipwood will each hold up an end. I can't help but draw parallels to the Hawks of the last decade... At least in terms of personality and player types. We just need a couple of these NEAFL projects to come good and a climbing we will go.

Anyway maybe it's the liquor talking but thanks again all. Here's the boy's finished jumper, which was beautiful before the Artlines impacted it.

My jumper signed by Mitch Robbo arrived in the mail a few days ago as well. I plan to put it up on the wall too. I've only gone so far as to instagram a pic of it so far, but Mitch himself liked it and commented on my post... so I have that going for me... which is nice. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back