Universal Love 2017 Potential Player Milestones

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at School with John Scarlett and I thought the same,I'd be his playing weight now but he'd still have me for height.:(

I am only a family sized pizza and a 6 pack shy of Zach Smith's weight but he is near twice my height.

*BUMP*

Just looking at a few things, and it could be a big game for milestones in 3 weeks against Brisbane - Lonergan's 200th, Duncan's 150th and Zac Smith's 100th.

Round 23 is shaping up for a big one too - Danger's 200th and Selwood's 250th.

*BUMP*

Just looking at a few things, and it could be a big game for milestones in 3 weeks against Brisbane - Lonergan's 200th, Duncan's 150th and Zac Smith's 100th.

I'm thinking we'll see Lonergan 'managed' against the Lions so that game #200 comes one week later - "home" game versus the Hawks at the MCG, a more fitting location for game #200

*BUMP*

Henderson will play his 150th against hawthorn in round 17 too.

A couple of other potential milestone games:

- Scooter is currently on 144, so depending on the length of time out with the hamstring (and not picking up other injuries), game 150 could be between rounds 21 & 23.

- Stanley on 92 games, so will he get another 8 matches this year?

- GHS is on 46, and may get the chance to play a few games in Scooters absence and player management over the remainder of the season.

- Lang is on 41 games and might get there by default due to lack of available small forwards.

- Bews currently sits on 37 games. Mathematically he can make 50 games this year but the question is can he hold his spot for the remainder of the season and can we play 3 finals?

I remember him well as I grew up in Thomson and Larry was a senior Prefect at East Geelong Tech when I was first at East Tech and he played his footy at Thomson prior to his VFL days. I thought he was a giant when I was a kid.

Larry would have played more footy but he was plagued by shoulder problems.
Very unfortunate. He could have been better remembered. I always pay him hommage at our grand final gatherings. The crew now call me larry as i arrive each year.
An honour

- Scooter is currently on 144, so depending on the length of time out with the hamstring (and not picking up other injuries), game 150 could be between rounds 21 & 23.

- GHS is on 46, and may get the chance to play a few games in Scooters absence and player management over the remainder of the season.

- Lang is on 41 games and might get there by default due to lack of available small forwards.

- Bews currently sits on 37 games. Mathematically he can make 50 games this year but the question is can he hold his spot for the remainder of the season and can we play 3 finals?

Would be fitting to see Bews lead us out for his 50th in the GF.

Jeez......I really hope 'milestone' games aren't a consideration at the selection table.

*BUMP*

Jr plays his 300th this weekend too iirc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back