Game Day 2017 Preliminary Final: Adelaide vs Geelong

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The young players coming up in the backline is quite good IMO despite what the scoreboard said which all comes down to Scarlett and Enright. Kinda hoping Taylor joins and moves on with Mackie and Lonergan to blood younger players.

Everyone else that came in under Scott was either recruited so he didn't develop them or has had one good year and completely stagnated with the exception of Mitch Duncan so (Motlop, Guthrie, Blicavs, etc.) or they're just s**t like Murdoch and Lang

Blicavs was probably the hardest hit with the 2nd up rule change ... he has progressed though over 5 years from very raw .
Cam Guthrie is very good and Menegola has come along well , Motlop is a lazy f..k and last week was his one out of the box .
Murdoch is a dumb footballer and Lang is so so . Parsons , Parfitt and Cockatoo all show a bit .
Stanley is an enigma , i think his body just does not hold up game to game let alone season to season .
Mitch Duncan is a very good but when things get tough then maybe he can not get off the chain .
I feel like your fitness staff has them quad heavy and the agility is not there .
A weird season for you guys and probably fitting , not quite there .
Who would you target as a coach to move things up ?

Aug 31, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I was somehow surrounded by Geelong supporters. Those behind me left at 3/4 time. Those next to me were crying. All of them hated me. Perfect night.

Thank you good sir for your ongoing support!

To the grand final!!!!

**** YESSSSSSSSS

Haha, awesome! The crowd sounded absolutely amazing, I listened to the start of the game on the radio on my way home from work - goosebumps when Charlie kicked the opening goal, all I could hear was a gigantic roar which drowned out the commentators!

Brilliant night! And yep, bring on the grand final :thumbsu:

Deep

Genius on Drugs
Jun 16, 2017
Waterfall Gully
AFL Club
Geelong
Blicavs was probably the hardest hit with the 2nd up rule change ... he has progressed though over 5 years from very raw .
Cam Guthrie is very good and Menegola has come along well , Motlop is a lazy f..k and last week was his one out of the box .
Murdoch is a dumb footballer and Lang is so so . Parsons , Parfitt and Cockatoo all show a bit .
Stanley is an enigma , i think his body just does not hold up game to game let alone season to season .
Mitch Duncan is a very good but when things get tough then maybe he can not get off the chain .
I feel like your fitness staff has them quad heavy and the agility is not there .
A weird season for you guys and probably fitting , not quite there .
Who would you target as a coach to move things up ?
Fair analysis really but believe this season we were a two man team like everyone kept claiming however it wasn't Dangerwood. It was Danger/Duncan. As for your question regarding a coach, I think Stewie Dew owes us an apology for 2008 plus he seems to knock back a few offers but I doubt he'd knock back one if a top 5 respectable club in terms of ladder and/or premiership success over the last decade offered him a contract (Adel, Geel, Haw, Syd, WC)

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fair analysis really but believe this season we were a two man team like everyone kept claiming however it wasn't Dangerwood. It was Danger/Duncan. As for your question regarding a coach, I think Stewie Dew owes us an apology for 2008 plus he seems to knock back a few offers but I doubt he'd knock back one if a top 5 respectable club in terms of ladder and/or premiership success over the last decade offered him a contract (Adel, Geel, Haw, Syd, WC)
Duncan is a gun.

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
I expected a closeish game in the 1st half and then for us to pull away in the 2nd.
Blimey, we blew the bludgers off the park. I predicted us by 32. Glad I no longer bet.
I thought a 5 goal win but not a 10 goal didnt see that coming

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Crow thrash Cats--quick, interview Dangerfield. I'll be surprised if we don't see footage of him a the airport on his way home with the obligatory interview.
Loved watching him kick up to his usual standard.

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
"Love the opportunity to beat Dangerfield and remind him that he could've been a Brownlow medallist and premiership player"

So sweet

Not just about Dangerfield. It is about us.

For Paddy this loss will drive him, but he needs help. His day will hopefully come one day.

Unbelievable feeling for us to get there.

Think of the hell we've been through over the years.

Tarrant after the siren and other losses to Collingwood.
Buddy 2007.
Missing the top 4 narrowly in 2008.
Right in front of me.
Free kick Hawthorn.
Players leaving, tragedies.
Missing the top 4 last year by a few %

And now we're in a Grand Final, it is an unreal feeling. And tonight Geelong were not going to let us in, we had to earn it and that amazing crowd at home really helped. Last few minutes of the game, so much tears of joy in that crowd. I was standing there like a stunned mullet.

Still need to win next week though and that is no guarantee. Richmond and the GWS Giants are very good teams, but I think Geelong are better. If we keep this up we'll do it next week.

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Im watching it aswell, waiting for Lingys tears

Cameron would cry salty rose coloured tears that would cling on to the guernsey through a thousand washes .
He brought the shag into tagging , rode his opponent like shitbiscuit , despicable player and commentator .

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cameron would cry salty rose coloured tears that would cling on to the guernsey through a thousand washes .
He brought the shag into tagging , rode his opponent like shitbiscuit , despicable player and commentator .
And has a head that only a mother could love

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
And has a head that only a mother could love

I think it was Browny that called him a sweaty pink pig on brownlow night , i think that is very kind of JB .
He offers less than Luke Darcy and that is saying something .

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I think it was Browny that called him a sweaty pink pig on brownlow night , i think that is very kind of JB .
He offers less than Luke Darcy and that is saying something .
Well hopefully he is gone next year

Back