Toast 2017 Premiership Memorabilia

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got a signed Trent Cotchin 2012 match worn jumper (Brownlow year) which I bought at the 2012 Jack Dyer medal event at auction. Anyone here have any idea what it might be worth? Stick it on eBay? Framed or I framed? I genuinely don't know what the f to do with it?

Nailed it. Nothing like paying $49.99 for a Tee that cost about $2 to produce lol. I got fleeced last year, but hey, the average wait between premierships should be 18 years so I guess I can suck it up.

Thry get them all made in China for probably a $1

I've got a signed Trent Cotchin 2012 match worn jumper (Brownlow year) which I bought at the 2012 Jack Dyer medal event at auction. Anyone here have any idea what it might be worth? Stick it on eBay? Framed or I framed? I genuinely don't know what the f to do with it?
Just send it to me if youd like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M, L and XL all gone. :(
These things are a little on the small side. I typically by L or XL clothes (6'5 / 100kg), but to get a guernsey that comfortably fits over top of some bulky winter clothing to go to games, I have ordered the 3XL (tried it on at Rebel before ordering to make sure).

Ha guys!
Love hearing all this premiership talk! I was in NY when this magical day occurred & still have trouble believing the Tigers did it (I may of also tried a Dustin Martin Fend Off on someone in Times Square that night!)
Coming back from US I determined to buy some great memorabilia no matter the cost! Had my heart set on the Richmond signed Guernsey & photos from the Tiger store however they were sold out. After browsing the net I managed to find hopefully the same one being sold by Pro Sport Memorabilia with another print values at $250 thrown. Fingers crossed it's the same design (I love the "We are from tigerland" across the top" as the one shown on the RFC site, has anyone else ordered from this site or know what they are like?

These things are a little on the small side. I typically by L or XL clothes (6'5 / 100kg), but to get a guernsey that comfortably fits over top of some bulky winter clothing to go to games, I have ordered the 3XL (tried it on at Rebel before ordering to make sure).
I have the traditional jumper, so I know what size I am. :(

It's so hit and miss as to what you can get for these. If you find the right buyer you could probably get a bit. I'd go and ask the guys in the buy, swap, sell thread on the bigfooty jumper forum before I listed it on ebay. Problem is, collectors generally don't like Guernseys that are framed (they often get glued to the back of the frame so you cannot take them out without ruining the Guernsey, sellers sometimes also add on silly prices because its framed) and they usually want to take them out of frames. So your best bet is hoping you find a Richmond fan/member who wants to display it as is. While getting a Guernsey framed usually costs about $350, and can even go up to $750, in the marketplace a framed Guernsey only adds on $250 at most to the price of the Guernsey unfortunately. With that said, the best year to have a Cotchin is 2012 and 2017. I've seen a Cotchin Match Worn sell for $600 from a random year (2014 off memory) no idea if the price was negotiated lower (probably was sold for $500-$550). Conversely, I've seen a Sam Mitchell from 2012 (Brownlow year) sell for $450. However this sold the day it was listed, and I daresay the dude could of got $700 for it if he waited. Richmond memorabilia sells better than Hawthorn and IMO the second best of any club after West Coast, I'd say you could get about $1,000 for the Guernsey with the right buyer, add another $250 because it's framed and another $250 for the Richmond hype after winning a GF and people willing to spend $$. That's $1,500 which is about the top end you could get if you found the right buyer IMO. Pretty sure I saw a Cotchin framed match worn on ebay the other day with the dude trying to sell it for $1,200 with a few watchers, considering yours is a Brownlow year it would certainly be worth more. Also see Eza (respected member on the jumper board and someone I've bought off in the past) trying to flog a framed Fyfe match worn from 2011 for $1,500 on ebay (although his offered it for 1k in other classifieds, ebay fee is a bitch), your Guernsey is worth more than his. If your not in a hurry I'd list it up for 2k then every week or two drop the price by $250 until you reach $1,250 and just leave it at that price if it hasn't sold by then. Also keep in mind ebay and paypal will take about 13% of your sale price and shipping will cost you about $80. So if you sold it for 2k (which is unlikely, I reckon you're looking at about $1,500 at best, but ask the guys on the jumper board) you would end up getting $1,660 after fees and shipping.

tl;dr I'd value a Framed Trent Cotchin Match Worn Guernsey from 2015 with COA at about $800-$900, considering the amount of Richmond hype after winning the premiership and that he is now a premiership winning captain, combined with the fact the Guernsey is in 2012 - which is a Brownlow year (this does add considerable value) I'd say the top end price would be about $1,500 but get the guys on the jumper board to give you an estimate.

I'm assuming you have a COA (certificate of authenticity) by either the AFL players association or the Richmond Football Club to confirm it's match worn? If you don't have a COA, people will treat it as a player issue and that $1500 is probably more like $700.

Edit - For some reason I thought you said it was framed, so just take $250 off what I estimated. I wouldn't get it framed for reasons I stated above, reckon it would be a much easier sale as now collectors and Richmond supporters would both be keen. Shipping also becomes $12 instead of $80 to ship a framed Guernsey.

Hey, that is what I told my girlfriend when I ordered a 2XL and she told me I was just a fat campaigner and trying to make myself feel better talking s**t :(. Anyway, I know the jumper says limited edition, but I bet they come out with more of them (they would sell better than the traditional imo). You guys are lucky enough to have a rep from the Tigerstore post here, just ask him :p. Although they probably won't tell you because they want you to keep buying s**t.

Last edited:
It's so hit and miss as to what you can get for these. If you find the right buyer you could probably get a bit. I'd go and ask the guys in the buy, swap, sell thread on the bigfooty jumper forum before I listed it on ebay. Problem is, collectors generally don't like Guernseys that are framed (they often get glued to the back of the frame so you cannot take them out without ruining the Guernsey, sellers sometimes also add on silly prices because its framed) and they usually want to take them out of frames. So your best bet is hoping you find a Richmond fan/member who wants to display it as is. While getting a Guernsey framed usually costs about $350, and can even go up to $750, in the marketplace a framed Guernsey only adds on $250 at most to the price of the Guernsey unfortunately. With that said, the best year to have a Cotchin is 2012 and 2017. I've seen a Cotchin Match Worn sell for $600 from a random year (2014 off memory) no idea if the price was negotiated lower (probably was sold for $500-$550). Conversely, I've seen a Sam Mitchell from 2012 (Brownlow year) sell for $450. However this sold the day it was listed, and I daresay the dude could of got $700 for it if he waited. Richmond memorabilia sells better than Hawthorn and IMO the second best of any club after West Coast, I'd say you could get about $1,000 for the Guernsey with the right buyer, add another $250 because it's framed and another $250 for the Richmond hype after winning a GF and people willing to spend $$. That's $1,500 which is about the top end you could get if you found the right buyer IMO. Pretty sure I saw a Cotchin framed match worn on ebay the other day with the dude trying to sell it for $1,200 with a few watchers, considering yours is a Brownlow year it would certainly be worth more. Also see Eza (respected member on the jumper board and someone I've bought off in the past) trying to flog a framed Fyfe match worn from 2011 for $1,500 on ebay (although his offered it for 1k in other classifieds, ebay fee is a bitch), your Guernsey is worth more than his. If your not in a hurry I'd list it up for 2k then every week or two drop the price by $250 until you reach $1,250 and just leave it at that price if it hasn't sold by then. Also keep in mind ebay and paypal will take about 13% of your sale price and shipping will cost you about $80. So if you sold it for 2k (which is unlikely, I reckon you're looking at about $1,500 at best, but ask the guys on the jumper board) you would end up getting $1,660 after fees and shipping.

tl;dr I'd value a Framed Trent Cotchin Match Worn Guernsey from 2015 with COA at about $800-$900, considering the amount of Richmond hype after winning the premiership and that he is now a premiership winning captain, combined with the fact the Guernsey is in 2012 - which is a Brownlow year (this does add considerable value) I'd say the top end price would be about $1,500 but get the guys on the jumper board to give you an estimate.

I'm assuming you have a COA (certificate of authenticity) by either the AFL players association or the Richmond Football Club to confirm it's match worn? If you don't have a COA, people will treat it as a player issue and that $1500 is probably more like $700.

Edit - For some reason I thought you said it was framed, so just take $250 off what I estimated. I wouldn't get it framed for reasons I stated above, reckon it would be a much easier sale as now collectors and Richmond supporters would both be keen. Shipping also becomes $12 instead of $80 to ship a framed Guernsey.

Hey, that is what I told my girlfriend when I ordered a 2XL and she told me I was just a fat campaigner and trying to make myself feel better talking s**t :(. Anyway, I know the jumper says limited edition, but I bet they come out with more of them (they would sell better than the traditional imo). You guys are lucky enough to have a rep from the Tigerstore post here, just ask him :p. Although they probably won't tell you because they want you to keep buying s**t.

Awesome advice - thanks heaps mate!

LOL! I ordered one off eBay that I should be getting on Friday. If that doesn’t cut the mustard, I might follow suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just got th polo ordered off eBay.
I'm happy with it, will feel good wearing it while I try to play golf.

Give it to your friendly neighbourhood moderator for christmas :D

Whilst I agree, they're a business and are going to drip feed without notice. They know people are interested and they want you to buy pointless things now rather then say Puma will come out with something at xyz date. The generic crap is how they make all their cash.

Side note, I believe the new Puma gear is coming out in mid November if that's any help to you.

I just think there are probably more creative ways the club can make money from this premiership rather than flogging $7 K-Mart polos with a premiers logo on the front for 70 bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back