2017 Preseason team discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be tough competing against teams who are getting 260 points from danger/rocky as captain

Exactly. If there was no captain rule I would probably try to look for better value than Dangerfield. However, those extra captain points over a season far outweigh any price drop.

If Danger averages 120 and the next best player averages 110, you're 20 points ahead with captain score. Yet you're only paying for an extra 10 points - this is great value.

Anyone going with Merrrett? See no reason he can't do the same. A few players back may even help him. Could be the new pig. Only in 3% of sides
Will be a good pick. 110-115 average

I don't think your midfield is overly stacked, just roll with it. Not having one of Danger/Rocky might hurt you though

I'm planning on picking up Danger or rocky after they drop below 700k. It's pretty likely that they will as they can't score over 115 every single game this year. 2 games at around 100 will make them affordable.
Just flicked some players around to replace heppell with trelor which makes me more comfortable anyway haha.

Anyone going with Merrrett? See no reason he can't do the same. A few players back may even help him. Could be the new pig. Only in 3% of sides
He'll definitely be a good fantasy player and I'm sure he'll post some huge scores this season, will make a very good POD. Personally I've already got Danger & Rocky, in comparison to Merrett they're far more proven and don't post as many question marks.

Looking for feedback if anyone has the time or inclination. I have $40k left.

Big question is:
Martin R2 / Greene F1 / Nank F3 - as pictured, or

Nank R2 / Nick Riewoldt F1 / Jack Steele F3.

I am also liking the look of Zac Jones but am very attached to Adams, Doch and Laird in the backline.

upload_2017-3-17_17-36-25.png

Big question is:

I am also liking the look of Zac Jones but am very attached to Adams, Doch and Laird in the backline.

View attachment 346697
Think the bigger question is what happens if EVW/Hibberd/Wigg/Miles don't play.

Big question is:

View attachment 346697
I'd go option 2 as I don't think Martin will be a top 2 ruck or Greene being a top 6 fwd after the new ddps are available in round 6, I can see D Martin Ablett and even Fyfe getting fwd, whereas Riewoldt will definitely be top 6 for the entire year and Steele will make more money than S Martin.
That said Riewoldt is priced about 5 over what I expect him to average after that 200 he scored in round 23 last year so he will drop in price but he has a low ownership the ability to hit 200 and a series of good games at etihad to start the year so he might be worth it.

2Y7uH4Y.jpg

Thoughts? Threw this together at work. I'm very interested in Gaff and would like to squeeze him in for Swallow somehow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you for that. I've thrown things around...

zXDNTot.jpg

Anything else I should be aware of/change?
You're probably spending too much on rookies; McGrath is definitely not shown anything to prove he's worth more than any other 150k rookie, I also wouldn't have Brodie McCarthy and I don't think GAblett will break even with the amount of time he'll spend forward

You're probably spending too much on rookies; McGrath is definitely not shown anything to prove he's worth more than any other 150k rookie, I also wouldn't have Brodie McCarthy and I don't think GAblett will break even with the amount of time he'll spend forward

Great advice. Thanks. Third attempt...

q4bIJmQ.jpg

WAS?! Why isn't he.
For me he awkwardly priced; in terms of making money I rate JOM and Swallow ahead of Jobe, and I don't see him as an underpriced premium like Beams Fyfe Gaff even Heppell. There just isn't enough room in the midfield.

Havent seen Sharrod Wellingham in any teams. Thought he killed it in the JLT
9 playing seasons in and his best average is 82 playing as a midfielder with collingwood. I don't see him averaging more than 75 playing as a rebounding defender for West Coast which means he'll at best make you 87k and not be a premium. better options around that price point and defense has the best rookies so a lot of team structures are running with 5 rookie defenders

What are peoples thoughts on Josh Caddy? I'm thinking between Greene/Dahlhaus and Macrae/Caddy.

What are peoples thoughts on Josh Caddy? I'm thinking between Greene/Dahlhaus and Macrae/Caddy.

Not a fan of Richmond Caddy's game just yet...
I'd go Greene and Dahl. They get it done

--- edit
Also think about Isaac Smith as an option

Last edited:
Havent seen Sharrod Wellingham in any teams. Thought he killed it in the JLT
Not worth the headache, highest average in his career was 83 back in 2012 and only averaged above 80 twice (the other was 80 in 2010 when he was running through the middle for Collingwood). I personally would avoid.

Zak Jones is a better option around that price, set to take Titchell's old role and should average 85+ with solid job security.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back