Training 2017 Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously..? Do any AFL games begin @ 7am o_O

I'm originally from Vic, the extremes are far more exaggerated but I do give you that it might take a couple of years to become acclimatised. The point is that at his age (and expected outcome), Barlow does not have that luxury.

I'm being extremely tough because I want the best from all on the list in the upcoming season.
I agree with that but my point is what's the problem with training early mornings before the UV gets to 13+ it's not idea for a number of reasons.

I agree with that but my point is what's the problem with training early mornings before the UV gets to 13+ it's not idea for a number of reasons.
i drive to work and pass metricon stadium at 7am, often see a fair few of the boys turning up at that time. they might not start on the track for an hour or so but seems like they do get there fairly early.

i drive to work and pass metricon stadium at 7am, often see a fair few of the boys turning up at that time. they might not start on the track for an hour or so but seems like they do get there fairly early.
Sorry l should declare that l have no idea what time training starts l was presuming (wrongly) it was in the middle of the day. Does anyone know what time it is?

the year 1 to 3 boys went to Tipplers yesterday and I provided a couple of boats to drive them over there, had a good chat to Jack Bowes, lovely kid and had Saady with me too, he was petrified and asked if there was any sharks in the water..........."Adam, your joking right? No, really are there any sharks in here and I said mate there are shitloads", he never said a word the whole trip...picking them up again at 11 today..........they loved the trip over BTW Peter Wright looks like Phar Lap jesus he is a specimen very good gene pool that boy.....................also noticed Ben Ainsworth looks like a young Jarrod Harbrow suns.jpg suns 2.jpg

the year 1 to 3 boys went to Tipplers yesterday and I provided a couple of boats to drive them over there, had a good chat to Jack Bowes, lovely kid and had Saady with me too, he was petrified and asked if there was any sharks in the water..........."Adam, your joking right? No, really are there any sharks in here and I said mate there are shitloads", he never said a word the whole trip...picking them up again at 11 today..........they loved the trip over BTW Peter Wright looks like Phar Lap jesus he is a specimen very good gene pool that boy.....................also noticed Ben Ainsworth looks like a young Jarrod Harbrow View attachment 317033 View attachment 317034

Nice rig! What do you mainly use it for?

the year 1 to 3 boys went to Tipplers yesterday and I provided a couple of boats to drive them over there, had a good chat to Jack Bowes, lovely kid and had Saady with me too, he was petrified and asked if there was any sharks in the water..........."Adam, your joking right? No, really are there any sharks in here and I said mate there are shitloads", he never said a word the whole trip...picking them up again at 11 today..........they loved the trip over BTW Peter Wright looks like Phar Lap jesus he is a specimen very good gene pool that boy.....................also noticed Ben Ainsworth looks like a young Jarrod Harbrow View attachment 317033 View attachment 317034

Well done Thurls.:thumbsu:

thurls64 also did a good deed of saving myself, Steve Daniel and Skinny Lappin when our boat ran out of fuel just off South Straddie yesterday morning. Legend!

I am in the motor yacht business so use the 750 RIB for work and client events to ferry them around at anchorage, the small boat is a 50 year old Bertram 19 I restored

Fishing nut so can't help but love the sight of a big centre console. Can't say I've fished off an RIB before though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thurls64 also did a good deed of saving myself, Steve Daniel and Skinny Lappin when our boat ran out of fuel just off South Straddie yesterday morning. Legend!

Maybe thurls64 siphoned your tank of petrol
Having to save the day and score browny points :D
Just throwing it out there

I've gotta say looking at the social medias of the 1st-3rd years camp thing, and the guys seem to be carrying some pretty impressive rigs especially for this time of year, and with how new they are to the scene. Not that I have been trawling through Instagram or twitter stalking or anything :$..... Anyway, who wouldn't want to be sporting an athletes body like that while lying on the beach in the middle of winter getting a decent tan (unless your 2MP and maybe Schoenfield:(). Would get a nice local beach gal in no time. Give me that over living in a Melbourne winter where your 3 layers of thermals don't even come off for the entire winter (Im assuming, never lived through a Melb winter) everyday of the week! Who wouldn't want that lifestyle.

I've gotta say looking at the social medias of the 1st-3rd years camp thing, and the guys seem to be carrying some pretty impressive rigs especially for this time of year, and with how new they are to the scene. Not that I have been trawling through Instagram or twitter stalking or anything :$..... Anyway, who wouldn't want to be sporting an athletes body like that while lying on the beach in the middle of winter getting a decent tan (unless your 2MP and maybe Schoenfield:(). Would get a nice local beach gal in no time. Give me that over living in a Melbourne winter where your 3 layers of thermals don't even come off for the entire winter (Im assuming, never lived through a Melb winter) everyday of the week! Who wouldn't want that lifestyle.
Soy latte drinking clothes horses apparently

Remove this Banner Ad

Back