Training 2017 Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Set up is a bit ridiculous- they've cordoned off the areas that have shade over on the eastern side where most of the play is.
It is sweltering. Skills sloppier that quarter but the heat has to be contributing to that.
Halftime Red 7 2 44 White 4 5 29
Red team seems to have more probables
Better players from what I've seen
Red
Hanley
Fiorini
Brodie

No one really Standing out. Just trying to get through the heat. 29deg in shade at 8:30am!!

Set up is a bit ridiculous- they've cordoned off the areas that have shade over on the eastern side where most of the play is.
It is sweltering. Skills sloppier that quarter but the heat has to be contributing to that.
Halftime Red 7 2 44 White 4 5 29
Red team seems to have more probables
Better players from what I've seen
Red
Hanley
Fiorini
Brodie

No one really Standing out. Just trying to get through the heat. 29deg in shade at 8:30am!!
It's a typical Suns event very unorganised, they couldn't organise a root in a brothel.

In another news Adam Saad's in for a huge year he's killing it out there

3qtr time Whites 8 10 58 Reds 8 2 50
Hall and Saadie sparking the comeback.

A lot of players missing I think. Haven't seen 2MP, Ah Chee, McKenzie, Barlow, Swallow, Hallahan, Sexy. Saw Lyons walking the boundary with Rischa.

And they've called full time early with 2:20 left on the clock. Too bloody hot!!!
Whites 10 11 71
Def
Reds 9 5 59

Have to take off but will post my thoughts later today :)

Bloody sweltering conditions out there.

Witts our only ruckman today so he basically just hit it to space at the bounces and had set running patterns to adhere to ie. sprint to forward line to create option, float back, etc. Rocket making sure he has plenty of kms in the legs.

Nicholls still jogging laps only and Currie sat the game out. Not sure on his injury.

2MP (finger), Sexton (wrist) sat the game out.

Gaz running laps only.

Brodie & Bowes are ball magnets. Just find the ball so easily.

Hanley was very good. Rotated centre square and the wing. Ran hard, beautiful disposal. Looks really switched on.

Miller, Hall & Fiorini played very well. Hall back to his explosive long running goals out of the centre square.

Lyons is a beast. Only played 1st half but is a clearance machine. Still can't believe the Crows let him go. Bizarre.

Jacky Martin looks super keen. Eager to take game on. Played 3rd forward and rotated through the middle. You can see his confidence is high, using his side step and speed to burn players off.

Swallow got plenty of kms into the legs. Worked into it nicely. Not huge possessions but don't think that is the main aim just yet.

Matera actually had a good game, kicked at least 3 goals. But still kicked his usual hospital kicks around his body that just set up our forwards to be smashed in the back of the head.

Saady is back to his electrifying Saadiness. Run, bounce, baulk, bounce, run, repeat. Looks very fit and moving freely.

Lynch & Day played on Thompson & May. Entertaining. Lynch good, Day not so much.

Great hit out. Was already mid 30's by the end of the game.

Bloody sweltering conditions out there.

Witts our only ruckman today so he basically just hit it to space at the bounces and had set running patterns to adhere to ie. sprint to forward line to create option, float back, etc. Rocket making sure he has plenty of kms in the legs.

Nicholls still jogging laps only and Currie sat the game out. Not sure on his injury.

2MP (finger), Sexton (wrist) sat the game out.

Gaz running laps only.

Brodie & Bowes are ball magnets. Just find the ball so easily.

Hanley was very good. Rotated centre square and the wing. Ran hard, beautiful disposal. Looks really switched on.

Miller, Hall & Fiorini played very well. Hall back to his explosive long running goals out of the centre square.

Lyons is a beast. Only played 1st half but is a clearance machine. Still can't believe the Crows let him go. Bizarre.

Jacky Martin looks super keen. Eager to take game on. Played 3rd forward and rotated through the middle. You can see his confidence is high, using his side step and speed to burn players off.

Swallow got plenty of kms into the legs. Worked into it nicely. Not huge possessions but don't think that is the main aim just yet.

Matera actually had a good game, kicked at least 3 goals. But still kicked his usual hospital kicks around his body that just set up our forwards to be smashed in the back of the head.

Saady is back to his electrifying Saadiness. Run, bounce, baulk, bounce, run, repeat. Looks very fit and moving freely.

Lynch & Day played on Thompson & May. Entertaining. Lynch good, Day not so much.

Great hit out. Was already mid 30's by the end of the game.
Who was 47 for the Reds Corkie? Thought it was Jesse (37) but Jesse was a lot skinnier?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was 47 for the Reds Corkie? Thought it was Jesse (37) but Jesse was a lot skinnier?

Trying to remember 47. So many guys had different jumpers on and then swapped teams & put different jumpers on again. But I think you are right, it was Lonergan. He snapped a nice goal in the 3rd I think.

Great to have footy back , as Corkie said it wasw bloody hot , when i left my car said 40c .

Touk and Hall where BOG for me today , Hall looks a little more slimmer and Touk a bit bigger but both of those where dominant for the winning white team.
Swallow came on in the 2nd half and played well , really is a bull at the contest.
Hanley looks settled and classy and played whole game on ball , so looking likely his back flank days may be over.
Will Brodie surprised me , all reports saying he is underdone but if team was picked today he would be in it on that performance.
Thought May and Thompson had the better of Lynch/Day on the day , spoke to 2MP after game and has a broken pinky , will miss next week but play at MacKay.
Shaun Watson a acedamy player played full forward for white team and kicked 3 goals , kid could of kicked 5 and looks a great size , all players where happy for him , looks a player to keep a eye on.

Did anyone else get a massive sense of optimism when they read Bowes killed it today off the half back line? I'm so excited to see how he goes against the Lions next week in Broadbeach. Jack is our prodigal son!

Great to have footy back , as Corkie said it wasw bloody hot , when i left my car said 40c .

Touk and Hall where BOG for me today , Hall looks a little more slimmer and Touk a bit bigger but both of those where dominant for the winning white team.
Swallow came on in the 2nd half and played well , really is a bull at the contest.
Hanley looks settled and classy and played whole game on ball , so looking likely his back flank days may be over.
Will Brodie surprised me , all reports saying he is underdone but if team was picked today he would be in it on that performance.
Thought May and Thompson had the better of Lynch/Day on the day , spoke to 2MP after game and has a broken pinky , will miss next week but play at MacKay.
Shaun Watson a acedamy player played full forward for white team and kicked 3 goals , kid could of kicked 5 and looks a great size , all players where happy for him , looks a player to keep a eye on.

Was Watson number 40? Good size already.
Agree on Brodie. He doesn't look very big in a tshirt off-field but looks a beast when he's in a footy guernsey. Kicked a beautiful snap from about 40m in the first quarter, picks off the ball high at stoppages and hands off well.

Trying to remember 47. So many guys had different jumpers on and then swapped teams & put different jumpers on again. But I think you are right, it was Lonergan. He snapped a nice goal in the 3rd I think.
Definitely different players. Saw 47 and Jesse (37) near each other. 47 looked to be a chunkier version of Jesse. There seemed to be quite a few top ups out there. Was hard from a distance especially with a few wearing caps. Must admit I didn't pick up Swallow at all and only noticed Bowes late.
Schoey looked noticeably bigger.

Agree on Brodie. He doesn't look very big in a tshirt off-field but looks a beast when he's in a footy guernsey. Kicked a beautiful snap from about 40m in the first quarter, picks off the ball high at stoppages and hands off well.

Yep Watson wore the 40 for white team , looked real good.

Definitely different players. Saw 47 and Jesse (37) near each other. 47 looked to be a chunkier version of Jesse. There seemed to be quite a few top ups out there. Was hard from a distance especially with a few wearing caps. Must admit I didn't pick up Swallow at all and only noticed Bowes late.

It was easy to get confused with the wrong jumper numbers and different hair do's but i thought Jesse wore the 47 and Scrimshaw wore the 37 , Swallow wore the 20.

Great to hear. Really wanted us to get Brodie b/c he profiled as a gun stoppage player and they do not grow on trees. And straight away he is performing in stoppages.

Also got to remember that Brodie is still only 18.

Brodie, Scheer and the Scrim are our 3 youngest players by 6 months. They won't turn 19 until late August/early September. One reason we need to be patient with those 3. Time is on their side atm.

I would be really keen to hear how big Jack Leslie is progressing and if he is likely to see some time in the JLT pre-season competition. I openly admit i am a fan and keen to see him succeed.

Is Jack never going to be given an opportunity to showcase his talent or is he so far back in the pecking order he would need the complete senior back-line to be injured.

Keegan Brooksby probably also falls into this list.

It just appears some guys have their cards marked and others are given opportunities to succeed.

It must be a hard slog for the blokes who fall into the "spares" list!

I would be really keen to hear how big Jack Leslie is progressing and if he is likely to see some time in the JLT pre-season competition. I openly admit i am a fan and keen to see him succeed.

Is Jack never going to be given an opportunity to showcase his talent or is he so far back in the pecking order he would need the complete senior back-line to be injured.

Keegan Brooksby probably also falls into this list.

It just appears some guys have their cards marked and others are given opportunities to succeed.

It must be a hard slog for the blokes who fall into the "spares" list!
Sorta happens when you're there purely for depth. If we have no injuries then there is no need when you have a close to aa in the ranks and Thompson who is decent. If one of those go down no doubt Leslie comes in..

Yeh dunno mate. Could have been a top up player. Schoey played well in the 2nd half, snagged a couple of goals drifting fwd. Even went for a hanger over the pack at one contest. Definitely a lot stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back