Training 2017 Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

"THE Suns are ranked 18th for disposal efficiency under Eade. Throw in that they’re ranked 16th for intercepts and you start to think of Cameraman Joe’s line: “Can’t bowl, can’t throw”. They are falling short in all three phases of footy — can’t get it, can’t use it, can’t win it back."

Rocket needs to pin this on the team board as motivation. When we do these things we normally do well. We've got our 1st choice midfield back and more now....

"THE Suns are ranked 18th for disposal efficiency under Eade. Throw in that they’re ranked 16th for intercepts and you start to think of Cameraman Joe’s line: “Can’t bowl, can’t throw”. They are falling short in all three phases of footy — can’t get it, can’t use it, can’t win it back."

Rocket needs to pin this on the team board as motivation. When we do these things we normally do well. We've got our 1st choice midfield back and more now....
That is not how you motivate humans. It is also a load of s**t. We have plenty players who can do those things. A general statistic doesn't apply to the individual.

Win the dogs game, you know the one we were up by 50 points in and we finish the JLT on top, but no no no we have to find a way to blow it ffs
Maybe I'd need to watch the game again but surely if we were that worried about 'saving the game' we could have done so when the margin was pegged back to 30

Am I insufficiently worried about our season? :p

Maybe I'd need to watch the game again but surely if we were that worried about 'saving the game' we could have done so when the margin was pegged back to 30

Am I insufficiently worried about our season? :p

I will take a winning culture, everyday of the week

Last hit out this Saturday morning at Metricon.

Gold Coast SUNS Squad
NEAFL Practice Match v Aspley

2. J. Grant
5. J. Harbrow
7. J. Lonergan
14. M. Hallahan
22. T. Nicholls
23. S. Lemmens
25. J. Lyons
26. M. Shaw
31. K. Brooksby
32. B. Matera
34. M. Willis
37. J. Scrimshaw
39. R. Davis
40. B. Scheer
43. M. Spencer
44. D. Macpherson
46. C. Loersch
47. M. Saad
48. C. Marsden
51. N. Kempe
53. C. Offerman
57. T. Frazer
58. S. Watson
59. J. Esam

Solid team, no Mckenzie which effectively will rules him out of round 1. Interesting no draftees or Joyce, meaning they must be in consideration for senior selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid team, no Mckenzie which effectively will rules him out of round 1. Interesting no draftees or Joyce, meaning they must be in consideration for senior selection
Apparently AFL rules prevent us fielding any player who has played 2 JLT games ....

Game starts 10am.

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to go and watch this , gates won't be open for it . There is a lot of restrictions on our club regarding these sort of things compared to the Melb based clubs , we can't see training now can't see reserves play , hopefully Evans changes things around and embraces fans rather keeping us at arms length.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone going to report the match today? Would be really keen to know how the "contenders" perform.

Nicholls, Lonergan, Hallahan & Lyons starting midfield.

Brooksby playing key defender. Spencer & Scrimshaw other main defenders. Harbrow, Willis, Lemmens other 3.

Big Leorsh and Watson key fwds. Grant, MSaad, Matera, Macpherson up there as well.

Very one sided game so far.

Saad snapped a lovely goal on the left. Matera & Grant lively. Scheer tackling everything. Scrimshaw couple of nice intercept marks. Looks to run and attack off backline every chance he gets.

Nicholls working hard. Covering a lot of ground.

Nicholls, Lonergan, Hallahan & Lyons starting midfield.

Brooksby playing key defender. Spencer & Scrimshaw other main defenders. Harbrow, Willis, Lemmens other 3.

Big Leorsh and Watson key fwds. Grant, MSaad, Matera, Macpherson up there as well.

Very one sided game so far.

Saad snapped a lovely goal on the left. Matera & Grant lively. Scheer tackling everything. Scrimshaw couple of nice intercept marks. Looks to run and attack off backline every chance he gets.

Nicholls working hard. Covering a lot of ground.

Can't believe I'm sitting at my laptop at 7.55am in Thailand and getting a game report from Metricon......thanks heaps Corkie:thumbsu:

2nd qtr.

Harbs blowing the cobwebs out. Doing a lot of work for mixed results. Huge 3 bounce run out of defence, then dribbled a 3mtr kick through the center... but looking better as game goes on. He is basically a backline coach on the field, directing The younger boys heaps. Can hear him clearly from the stands yelling commands.

Scheer playing fwd/mid, swapping with Lyons. Both having great games. Scheer's tackling and also ability to break tackles is impressive.

Lonergan getting a lot of the ball but fumbling and poor disposal. Looks a bit slow today. Been caught holding the ball a few times.

Scrimshaw great qtr. Took quite a few kick ins, very effective left foot.

Max Spencer is a tough defender. Hits the packs hard, puts his body on the line. When he bulks up, could provide a good role in the future.

Big Leorsch playing fwd/ruck. Bulked up a lot since last season. Kicked some handy goals.

Davis fading in and out. Playing fwd with the odd stint through the middle.

Hallahan ok without starring. Lonergan and Hallahan playing huge midfield minutes. Attending every center bounce. Both blowing pretty hard as a result.

Great stuff, Corkie.....liking what I'm reading re: Scheer, Scrimshaw and Spencer, not so much re: Lonergan....

Lonergan was better that qtr. Getting a heap of disposals. Just not effective as he should be at this NEAFL level. Could have really blitzed. Rested now, taken the boots off for the last qtr.

Hallahan much better than last season already. Covering a lot more ground. Disposal better.

Lyons only played 1st half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back