Training 2017 Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly why I think after todays NEAFL game he takes Ainsworth's place round 1 . Experience the young fellow needs to get.....Admittedly Matera has his issues but he is still the best chance of hitting the scoreboard as a small forward.

If we are good enough to carry Matera and create enough opportunities for him to maintain a place in the side until Ainsworth demands selection then maybe we can showcase him this season with the view to trading him for something after the season and clearing the space for Ah Chee and Ainsworth in future years.

If we are good enough to carry Matera and create enough opportunities for him to maintain a place in the side until Ainsworth demands selection then maybe we can showcase him this season with the view to trading him for something after the season and clearing the space for Ah Chee and Ainsworth in future years.
I know where you rate Matera - and agree young guys will eventually surpass him.
Right now he is still the best small forward we have . Both Ainsworth and Ah Chee need further work against Senior bodies IMO.

We've had the best preseason ever and are in our best shape ever and we're in crisis? How on earth did he reach that conclusion?
Looking at some other predictions, people think we'll go close to finals but when they come down to doing their ladder we get pushed down to 16th-12th. Sam Landsberger from the Herald Sun reckons we'll win 11 games and on AFL.com.au we're predicted to finish 12th.

Looking at some other predictions, people think we'll go close to finals but when they come down to doing their ladder we get pushed down to 16th-12th. Sam Landsberger from the Herald Sun reckons we'll win 11 games and on AFL.com.au we're predicted to finish 12th.
I think it makes sense in a way

There's a general expectation that we will be more competitive but people are making their ladder predictions on exposed form, no one is willing to say our expected level of performance is better than that of other middling teams because they have results to support their standing in the competition and we don't, and no one is interested in taking a punt on saying Team X will be riddled by injuries or underperform this year because it could just as easily come back to bite them

We've made good acquisitions and will improve but we haven't given outsiders much of substance to justify putting us in the 8

Greg Baum from the Age reckons we'll finish last this season saying "we're a team in crisis". I can't wait to prove the Melbourne media wrong.

Whaaaaat?
Isn't he their cricket writer
He was best mates with Peter Roebuck- so no more
We're worse than Brisbane and Carlton?
Sure you weren't reading a 2016 preview by mistake?
God- better hand my membership back in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this isn't the right thread but we need numbers for the SC league for GC Supporters, 314838. Please Join

Remove this Banner Ad

Back