Training 2017 - Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GPS and laser lined with removable and replaced goal posts to give the exact size and shape. Very technical. The groundsman can also switch on or off and watch the reticulation via his smart phone from his home if there is a weather change. Again high tech.
Correct and the line marker has the coordinates of the MCG or any other ground programmed into the machine and Richard the groundsman selects the ground and the machine does the rest as he explained.

Right now there appears to be boundary lines for two ovals.
Steve Rosich was saying yesterday that the set of goal posts at the eastern end are the movable ones.
And they have a device that lifts the goals up and turns them horizontal transports them to the new location and lifts them upright into the holes at the new location. I have been shown a photo of the machine by Richard the groundsman at Cockburn and at Freo Oval

Looks like it could have been taken circa 2008[/QUOTE]
Coulda you cracked a mention again in the wording of the post above adding to your celebrity status.@couldhavebeen

I'm a fan too but I'd probably limit it to life members only for some semblance of prestige. Would be a bit weird seeing guys like Clayton Collard, Scott Gumbleton and Joel Houghton up there.

There's these guys but for example if I was using the locker for Tony Modra's number I'd want his name there. Was one of our best at the time but only played 47 games for us. It'd be a shame if Modra's name was left off a locker just because he didn't play a game. I'm sure if you had Peter Mann's number you'd be disappointed to not have a captain of freo on your locker. He only played 77 games for the club.

I think for whoever wears number 13 in the future (hopefully Bennell for a while yet) it'd be great knowing that Fyfe wore that jumper for a season.

Not sure where I'd draw the line if I was going to. A game? 10 games? Just pick out good players who weren't live members? I don't know.

Last edited:
There's these guys but for example if I was using the locker for Tony Modra's number I'd want his name there. Was one of our best at the time but only played 47 games for us. It'd be a shame if Modra's name was left off a locker just because he didn't play a game. I'm sure if you had Peter Mann's number you'd be disappointed to not have the first captain of freo on your locker. He only played 77 games for the club.p

Not sure where I'd draw the line if I was going to. A game? 10 games? Just pick out good players who weren't live members? I don't know.

Maybe 100 games (which gives us a shot at father-son) or an award/position with the club?
Tony Modra leading goal kicker 1999? (I'm guessing)
Peter Mann (second captain after Ben Allen) 1996...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe 100 games (which gives us a shot at father-son) or an award/position with the club?
Tony Modra leading goal kicker 1999? (I'm guessing)
Peter Mann (second captain after Ben Allen) 1996...

Just looked it up again. Peter Mann was our first best and fairest winner. Right next to the him on the table I looking at. Then again knew they were both captain at some point. But then again Ben Allan - that's just another one who wouldn't have played enough games.

Maybe if you've played 100 or have won a Doig, Leading goalkicker, Club Captain etc.

Overstated SM....All AFL grounds have goal posts at either end & a centre circle.If your good enough,you will win anywhere!

Why in the hell do clubs complain about not getting enough MCG games and why do clubs have a home ground advantage. I say planning and practising game plans on the replica of the next ground the team is playing on is a huge plus. I guarantee all clubs will follow suit and follow Freo's lead on this technology.

Why in the hell do clubs complain about not getting enough MCG games and why do clubs have a home ground advantage. I say planning and practising game plans on the replica of the next ground the team is playing on is a huge plus. I guarantee all clubs will follow suit and follow Freo's lead on this technology.
Until we start replicating the locker rooms at those grounds with the various names on the lockers I can't see it being that much of advantage to be honest.

Until we start replicating the locker rooms at those grounds with the various names on the lockers I can't see it being that much of advantage to be honest.

And replicating the night life and cafes that Freo had to offer. The boys are sure gonna miss that Freo coffee and night life buzz in dull old down town Cockburn central.:rolleyes:

If the writing is small enough you can have their achievements listed beside their name, games played etc

Matthew Pavlich - 353 games - 700 goals - (C 2007-2015) - All Australian '02, '03, '05, '06, '07, '08 - Doig Medalist '02, '05, '06, '07, '08, '11 - Brownlow Votes 126

I heard Percy Johnson on the radio last week talking about the old days when both South and East Fremantle used to train at Freo Oval at the same. He said that South would be training at the hospital end whilst East were down at the prison end.

He said it was ironic as there was a high probability of players ending up in either one of those places after a derby.

Pure gold from the Penguin there folks!

If the writing is small enough you can have their achievements listed beside their name, games played etc

Matthew Pavlich - 353 games - 700 goals - (C 2007-2015) - All Australian '02, '03, '05, '06, '07, '08 - Doig Medalist '02, '05, '06, '07, '08, '11 - Brownlow Votes 126

The sign writer will have to have his s**t together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back