Training 2017 - Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that an old Humber ? It might even be a Consul, the poor mans Zephyr.
Pity the picture is so grainy. I have Googled quite a few suspects, and haven't seen anything that matches exactly. It could certainly be a Humber, also possibly an Hillman or a Vanguard. We had a French car called a Simca in the late 60s and it looked very much like that.

The tech involved with changing the size of the ground sounds fantastic. However, I'm most interested in the coaching facilities and tech they have going on behind the scenes.

Not counting his last year, RTB has been known for going marrow-deep into analysis and gameplans. He did this at the Saints and at Freo, two of the most outdated facilities in the comp.

By the looks of it, Memberburn may benefit the coaching more than anything :)

My concern is the goal/point post holes that remain on the ground once the posts are moved. How are the holes covered? I would hate a player being injured as a result.

Please tell me the covering is more than a steel cap covered with artificial turf... similar to the old centre square bounce pads

Initially I was none too impressed with the proposed move abandoning Freo for Cockburn.I had similar feelings about the intro of the Chevrons and the ditching of the anchor.
While I would prefer us to still be at South Freo it's clear the facilities we have at Cockburn could never be constructed at the Freo site.It's a phenomenal move and several quantum leaps on from what we're leaving behind.
As far as the rebrand is concerned while I may not have liked the way it went it's the same people who have steered the club into the current position where I think we've got our best list,period of most success,best facilities in the league etc etc.
So I don't get too wound up about the things I initially wasn't overly keen on.I preferred the anchor to the paper clip but I don't lose sleep over it.
Nothing stays the same.
We've come a long way;glad I strapped in.
EDIT:Sorry wrong Fwed thought I was on the Cockburn Firming.

Last edited:
What's the story with Alex Pearce? Where is he at?
How important is he to our future? Realistically we can "cover" him, and I don't just mean because Dawson is still on the list. Logue looks ready to debut and so does Cox.

Personally I think he is critical. If he was playing this year I have much higher expectations of playing finals.

'Pearce is facing another lengthy stint in rehabilitation after suffering a partial fracture to the same leg he broke in round nine last season.

"It was really disappointing for Alex. He was only a week or two away from rejoining the main group again and then he re-fractured his ankle in an exercise in his rehab process that he'd done a lot of," Prior said.

"We'll see him this year, it will probably be the middle part of the year, but he'll be fine."'

Bit difficult to imagine what has happened to Moose?? kingswood71 ??
Bad luck??Bad bones??Bad injury management??

The tech involved with changing the size of the ground sounds fantastic. However, I'm most interested in the coaching facilities and tech they have going on behind the scenes.

By the looks of it, Memberburn may benefit the coaching more than anything :)

After having done the full tour I can tell you that the media and coaching rooms are world class.
Freo now has a full media production room which they can run their own TV channel from, make and edit movies Etc. It's that hi-tech they are looking to take over the AFL's media production.
In addition to this, they have a room with 4 operators manning remote video camera's taking footage of all training sessions. This is then sliced and spliced in aforementioned media production facility .

this is a training thread so I won't talk about the scouting rooms, drafting rooms, etc Etc that are all mind blowing too.

'Pearce is facing another lengthy stint in rehabilitation after suffering a partial fracture to the same leg he broke in round nine last season.

"It was really disappointing for Alex. He was only a week or two away from rejoining the main group again and then he re-fractured his ankle in an exercise in his rehab process that he'd done a lot of," Prior said.

"We'll see him this year, it will probably be the middle part of the year, but he'll be fine."'

So that's gone from 6 weeks in a moon boot to a return mid year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mid season is a really long time frame for a partial break. The injury must be worse than what it appeared to be. I thought he was out for only 6 or so weeks

A fracture in the foot/lower leg would normally be 6 weeks in a moon boot and another 4 ish weeks before you can put weight on it or do lots of running. He might be walking laps or slowly jogging in 6 weeks.

After having done the full tour I can tell you that the media and coaching rooms are world class.
Freo now has a full media production room which they can run their own TV channel from, make and edit movies Etc. It's that hi-tech they are looking to take over the AFL's media production.
In addition to this, they have a room with 4 operators manning remote video camera's taking footage of all training sessions. This is then sliced and spliced in aforementioned media production facility .

this is a training thread so I won't talk about the scouting rooms, drafting rooms, etc Etc that are all mind blowing too.

Sort of relates to training...so please do

A fracture in the foot/lower leg would normally be 6 weeks in a moon boot and another 4 ish weeks before you can put weight on it or do lots of running. He might be walking laps or slowly jogging in 6 weeks.
But mid season is like 16-17 weeks away lol

I blame the lack of players' names on lockers.

But mid season is like 16-17 weeks away lol

It could be that the club thinks he's about 12 weeks away, followed by a couple of games of WAFL, which would be a 'mid-season ish' timeline. I don't think they've specifically targeted round 11 for example as his return game.

Got to remember he needs to get conditioned (after the moon boot) before he is able to play WAFL Reserve/League games and then available for AFL. I heard the interview with Prior and he said ready for AFL around the middle of the season.

Sounds like a reasonable estimate for Alex Pearce to be AFL ready between rounds 10-13. They won't be rushing him back which is fine with me.

Midseason could be anywhere from round 8 on. 6 weeks injury to full training, a few weeks WAFL and then ready for AFL from round 8. Here's hoping

Also I expect a similar return pathway to Apeness in 2016.

From memory he had a 'managed time' game in the Peel ressies, managed time in the Peel league and then 4 solid league games before being thrust into AFL. Sadly he broke his collarbone and missed about five games before playing 1 or 2 further Peel games and then 4 games at the end. Excl. the Collarbone injury if he had an uninterrupted run, would have played around 11 games.

Would be good to have Alex up and running to play about 10-12 AFL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back