Training 2017 - Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one know the preseason schedule, times, dates etc?

Some of their running days are elsewhere too I believe?

Good bless all you good people who give up your retirement and unemployment time to provide these updates for us who can't get down there due to the tyranny of distance and gainful employment. :thumbsu::rainbow:

Hey some are law-abiding rate-paying tax-paying god-fearing gainfully-employed productive members of society who happen to be self employed or on holidays :p

Just don't get me to name any of them ...

Hey some are law-abiding rate-paying tax-paying god-fearing gainfully-employed productive members of society who happen to be self employed or on holidays :p

I am still trying to find a way to claim time spent on BigFooty as a company tax offset. It's very easy to plot its impact on productivity and profitability. For some "unknown" reason productivity decreases during trade period, draft time, start of pre-season training, the first few rounds of the regular season and finals time. A crack addiction may have less impact now that I think about it.

O
I am still trying to find a way to claim time spent on BigFooty as a company tax offset. It's very easy to plot its impact on productivity and profitability. For some "unknown" reason productivity decreases during trade period, draft time, start of pre-season training, the first few rounds of the regular season and finals time. A crack addiction may have less impact now that I think about it.
At least if your addiction becomes to bad there are plenty of other homeless in freo to hang with..and there's I nice fig tree to sleep under

Yes, only a few of us are pot-smoking dole bludgers who call into training on our way through to 7 Pakenham Street to put our forms in. Then it's off to South Beach for some waves and rays. :cool:

True story. My seat at the footy happens to be next to a guy from a related industry who has 4 seats and brings along his clients, who all happen to be potential referrers to my business. So for me it's a legitimate marketing expense.

Yes, only a few of us are pot-smoking dole bludgers who call into training on our way through to 7 Pakenham Street to put our forms in. Then it's off to South Beach for some waves and rays. :cool:

I don't know why - but that's kind of how I imagine E-Shed :p

True story. My seat at the footy happens to be next to a guy from a related industry who has 4 seats and brings along his clients, who all happen to be potential referrers to my business. So for me it's a legitimate marketing expense.

haha this is great. Good on you :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you saw Cam on the street/at training at the moment, you wouldn't pick him for a professional athlete. Has the definition of a 70's television and looks weaker than my 80 year old grandmother, God bless her.

His pre-season better include a couple hours at South Beach each day and in the weight and lunch room.

Some good reports on the Freo website :thumbsu:

Edit: I like seeing players voluntarily coming in early and they still did some form of training to maintain some semblance of fitness in their off season.

Some good reports on the Freo website :thumbsu:

Edit: I like seeing players voluntarily coming in early and they still did some form of training to maintain some semblance of fitness in their off season.
I don't. players deserve a break. AFL is the most demanding sport in terms of "lifestyle" commitment as it is. Do you go to work voluntarily during your holidays? But you expect footballers to do so.

Much prefer to see them mentally ready for the season and refreshed after time away from the club.

Professionals will maintain their base level fitness. That is all you should expect.

I don't. players deserve a break. AFL is the most demanding sport in terms of "lifestyle" commitment as it is. Do you go to work voluntarily during your holidays? But you expect footballers to do so.

Much prefer to see them mentally ready for the season and refreshed after time away from the club.

Professionals will maintain their base level fitness. That is all you should expect.
I think it shows their dedication and being that they're all under 24 their bodies should be able to recover quicker than say a person in their late 20's. I haven't taken annual leave in three years, something I really need to do to refresh but when work's busy and you have bills to pay, you gotta prioritize some things in life. If I can get a few weeks downtime i'll gladly take time but if I were to take time now i'd still be thinking about work :oops:

I don't know why - but that's kind of how I imagine E-Shed :p
A lot of people do :) other than the centrelink bit its not too far off the truth.
In fact though I'm a part time drug & alcohol counsellor, part time IT support person, part time Yoga teacher and part time musician.
I'm just someone that has deliberately arranged their life so as to have plenty of spare time.
No kids, no mortgage and work part time so I get to go to the beach during the week or training if I want. Its amazing how much space you can create in a life if you don't need (or want) much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back