Training 2017 - Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawwww.

14980847_10154286753604317_8071404397847362896_n.jpg

So sometimes he's strapped and sometimes not.
Strapping may not even be for support may be just to keep those magnets or whatever they are in place on his shins.
FIIK??

So sometimes he's strapped and sometimes not.
Strapping may not even be for support may be just to keep those magnets or whatever they are in place on his shins.
FIIK??
scon I will clarify that for you salim malik and I saw the tapes on Bennell's calf's this morning but at some stage he was talking to Jason Weber and another sports science guy as he was taking the tape off on the field in the pocket in front of Dockers HQ. Fig tree spotters were too far away to see that.
I noticed they were an oblong shape and green in colour and looked from a distance like a circuit board. He gave the 2 items to Jason Weber who brought them up to the verandah where one of the Sports Science guys was set up with his monitoring equipment.

Harley came over to us on the verandah at the end of training to sign some autographs and I asked him what the 2 items were and how were his calf's?. He said the items were sensors to record his legs going up and down in his running activity (he used the term "padding") and went on to say his calf's were fine.

He looked in ripping nick and he was relaxed and I think the young man is liking being home and fit and healthy.

Okinakashi you were very observant that they were sensors on his legs and bandaged in the position of his calfs.
TheInjuryFactory

Yep, Danny's right Harley said they were sensors to track how his calves were going. He was happy and relaxed talking to the watchers. He had a kick to kick and alternated left and right feet and never missed a target. Uber looks fit but when we asked how he was travelling said his Hammy still wasn't right . Tabs looks like a man on a mission, he looks in great nick and led all comers [ although there weren't to many on the track] in the short sprints. Kersten runs like a crippled duck , Cam and B Hill looked right at home , nice to see Yarran and Sonny out there . Both aren't due back until Monday week. Griff and Zac C also made an appearance. Ross also in a great mood joking about his birthday and weight. Not a lot happening at the moment ,best to wait until they all get back before making the trip down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Danny's right Harley said they were sensors to track how his calves were going. He was happy and relaxed talking to the watchers. He had a kick to kick and alternated left and right feet and never missed a target. Uber looks fit but when we asked how he was travelling said his Hammy still wasn't right . Tabs looks like a man on a mission, he looks in great nick and led all comers [ although there weren't to many on the track] in the short sprints. Kersten runs like a crippled duck , Cam and B Hill looked right at home , nice to see Yarran and Sonny out there . Both aren't due back until Monday week. Griff and Zac C also made an appearance. Ross also in a great mood joking about his birthday and weight. Not a lot happening at the moment ,best to wait until they all get back before making the trip down.
So uber will had a late pre season :( but thanks for the info .

Zaarke strapped up,moving OK??
Don't remember noticing anything too wonky about Kersten's running style,I'll have to have another look.

What I noticed about Shane on Monday is that his running is more of a Cliff Young shuffle; He does not have a high knee lift like Matt Taberner for example.
Makes me think Tabs must have had some athletics background or professional running advice.

Scon come up to the Verandah and say hello on one of the training days. Next training day is Fri . Salim is right about Kirsten's running style looking a little different.

On HTC_0PKX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Next time I'm up in the smoke Danny.I'm down in the S-W.
Noticed the photos of Tabs and Cam running side by side and the similarity in their running style.
Then another shot where Tabs had exaggerated high knee lift.
Webber and all that will be all over the biomechanics of their sprinting styles.
Harley has probably been encouraged to make some subtle changes.
They remodelled Ballas running style I think.

What I noticed about Shane on Monday is that his running is more of a Cliff Young shuffle; He does not have a high knee lift like Matt Taberner for example.
Makes me think Tabs must have had some athletics background or professional running advice.

Someone mentioned that Freo had arranged a running coach to help with Kerstens style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back