Training 2017 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a good lad Cian. But he was the ultimate project player. He will probably play Neafl this year but due to injuries that is 2years behind where we'd want him.

I don't think gc will pick him up. I expect he'll stick around Brisbane complete his studies and consider his options after delisting.

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's a good lad Cian. But he was the ultimate project player. He will probably play Neafl this year but due to injuries that is 2years behind where we'd want him.

I don't think gc will pick him up. I expect he'll stick around Brisbane complete his studies and consider his options after delisting.

Who knows, perhaps he plays 15 NEAFL games and shows some toe in a pocket or off a flank. We could use his pace down the track if he can develop. Do we get to keep him on the rookie list indefinitely because he's Irish, or is there a time limit on it?

Infinite rehab earned him a bit of a break I'd say.

I don't have a problem with it. I am just asking. I figured the club thought best to let him have a holiday since he probably couldn't have a proper one due to rehab after surgery late last year.

I don't have a problem with it. I am just asking. I figured the club thought best to let him have a holiday since he probably couldn't have a proper one due to rehab after surgery late last year.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at the Vic meet the coaches thing. He was probably doing exactly as you say - rehabbing during his time off.

Who knows, perhaps he plays 15 NEAFL games and shows some toe in a pocket or off a flank. We could use his pace down the track if he can develop. Do we get to keep him on the rookie list indefinitely because he's Irish, or is there a time limit on it?

I wonder what the deal is with Cian's ability to stay in Australia if he is delisted and not picked up by another club - I assume he must be on some sort of Club sponsored visa (457?) at present - anyone know how it works?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what the deal is with Cian's ability to stay in Australia if he is delisted and not picked up by another club - I assume he must be on some sort of Club sponsored visa (457?) at present - anyone know how it works?
Honestly don't know. He is studying while he is here. But that might have been picked up by us.

Probably at the start but easily converted to PR by now I would think.

What did I miss?

What did you miss?

Women's team won the grand final.
The lions came from 16th on The ladder at midway point of the season, to win all remaining games to make it to 8th spot ,then went on to win all the finals including the grand final by 1 point after the siren.
Mccluggage won the Brownlow in his 1st year by a single vote.
And port finished last. So we get 1st pick in the daft and we are premiers.

Nothing much really!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back