Training 2017 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

How the he'll have we let our skulls slip so far under Leppa? Mind boggling really... Wtf have we been doing the past couple of years.

I think we may do a classic one step back two steps forward this year especially with us taking a lot of training time trying to improve basic skills but glad we have finally gotten in someone who knows how to guide and teach a group of young players.
Make that 10 years

I was just checking out this weeks gallery on the lions website and saw that the kryofix recovery chamber runs at -150 degrees. Holy crap thats cold, you wouldn't want to stay in there for too long or else you will end up cryogenically frozen, literally.

Yeah surely the part that the player sits in can't be 150 degrees. That would surely send you into shock.

Yeah surely the part that the player sits in can't be 150 degrees. That would surely send you into shock.

You stand in it. You have boots and gloves on as well. Most of the time the major issues of cold is that your skin is usually being touched by something that is cold, which can cause a type of burning if its too cold. If you're standing in a chamber surrounded by cold air for a couple of minutes its actually not really that bad sensation wise. Now if you added water or some other material touching your skin at that temp, you'd be in trouble, but air actually doesn't convey cold all that effectively, nor does it cause a reaction with your skin the materialises in a burn or other sensation.

Fatcat is right, these tanks are supposed to give you the benefits of super cold conditions for rehabilitation but aren't anywhere near as rude a shock as say a cold plunge pool or an ice bath.

There's a few places around that do them for like $70 or $80 a session, I'm interested in giving one a go myself after a big leg day in the gym and see if it makes trying to sit on the toilet any better the day after :D

Snap freeze
lifesize-star-wars-han-solo-frozen-in-carbonite-walldoor-decal-4.jpg

So I guess Zorko for captain then.

Last edited:
A part of me wants it to happen. The meltdowns on this board would be unreal.
i would be happy either way, whoever has Fagan/Noble and the rest of the leadership group on board has my 100% backing. everybody deserves a second chance and there have been many rumours and innuendo re rocky but i am sure whatever happened it is redeemable.

the sessions i have been to he has been very impressive with his effort although a little bit quieter than last season, i got the impression he his letting his deeds do the talking.

I'm not surprised he's pulled his head in. Having someone like Fagan come in from another club with no direct ties to the recent playing group in this one, sit down with him and tell him exactly what he's heard about Rocky as an outsider... that'd make anyone sit down and pay attention. Maybe we could be about to see his best season yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-17/lions-captain-it-could-still-be-the-rocky-road

CHRIS Fagan has mounted a spirited defence of Tom Rockliff, saying the controversial midfielder had been a pre-season standout and could still captain the Brisbane Lions in 2017.

would be a massive turn around for rocky and great kudos to him if it happens.

Really though, would you expect him to say much different to the media?

"Hes training well but he won't be captain"

Not going to happen. I love Fagans approach though.

He was far from bullish about Rocky when he first came onto the scene.

"He's been outstanding around the group, he's trained hard, he's got a great attitude, he's been a leader around the club and he's been very supportive of me in my first few months," Fagan said.

"I just want to put that on the table at this stage."

Goes a bit beyond what needed to be said to get reporters off his back/dodge the question.

I dunno I wouldn't be surprised either way, I'm looking forward to the announcement.

agree with Leemas, ie. i thought he expanded and praised beyond what you would expect if rocky was on the outer.

only a month till the first JLT game v the suns, in the afl.com article it says that the captaincy process will be finalized in march so i assume the captaincy will be rotated throughout the JLT games.

The two Daynes, landscape hasn't shifted in the last few months.

Still reckon it will be Beams over Zorks. Zorko is a "salt of the earth" type but there is the slightest hint that he isn't necessarily the sharpest tool in the shed or cut out for the politics of the role. A bit of a Labrador* puppy. The priority pick remark didn't exactly help smash that perception. He would be a quality vice captain regardless.

* or is that Broadbeach?

Last edited:
I think we're freezing D Beams for a few years to come back when the kids are more developed and we're a chance to play finals again.

Should have done this with Brown in 2005.

The thing I took out of his pressers was that when he sat down with Rocky he was pretty straight forward and said this is what I've heard about you however it doesn't mean I think that of him and it sounds like Rocky has pulled his finger out. Which technically he shouldn't have had to do being the captain of an AFL football club in the first place.

He was far from bullish about Rocky when he first came onto the scene.

"He's been outstanding around the group, he's trained hard, he's got a great attitude, he's been a leader around the club and he's been very supportive of me in my first few months," Fagan said.

"I just want to put that on the table at this stage."

Goes a bit beyond what needed to be said to get reporters off his back/dodge the question.

I dunno I wouldn't be surprised either way, I'm looking forward to the announcement.
It's all very subjective isn't it.

I personally interpret as being something different again, option 3 if you like! I can imagine it is a case of he has pulled his head in sufficiently for Fagan to start sowing the seeds of wanting to keep him beyond his current contract, but without giving him the captaincy.

I don't know how others feel, but even if you remove all the stuff that was reported last year, I'm not sure you can give a player the club captaincy if there is the possibility that they may move on at the end of the season.

Depends how cynical you are really but you could just as easily say that the club will talk Rocky up all year to maximise potential compensation (if compo is still in place)!!

One thing that is clear in all of this is that Rocky has stepped it up. He is probably fitter than he has ever been, running better, looking fitter and re-invigorated.

One thing that has not changed though is the fact that he has not handled the pressure of being the captain of a poorly performing team over the last couple of years.
Yes, he has lifted his game, but under the pressure of the year about to begin, as captain, will he revert back to his old ways.
Guaranteed, there will be challenging times ahead this year.
Does a leopard change his spots?
To big a risk for mine.

I think that Tom Rockliffe will have a fantastic year as part of the leadership group, but not as captain.
It is still a perfect time for change.

Last edited:
You stand in it. You have boots and gloves on as well. Most of the time the major issues of cold is that your skin is usually being touched by something that is cold, which can cause a type of burning if its too cold. If you're standing in a chamber surrounded by cold air for a couple of minutes its actually not really that bad sensation wise. Now if you added water or some other material touching your skin at that temp, you'd be in trouble, but air actually doesn't convey cold all that effectively, nor does it cause a reaction with your skin the materialises in a burn or other sensation.

Thanks for that Sir Edmund Hillary

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-17/lions-captain-it-could-still-be-the-rocky-road

CHRIS Fagan has mounted a spirited defence of Tom Rockliff, saying the controversial midfielder had been a pre-season standout and could still captain the Brisbane Lions in 2017.

would be a massive turn around for rocky and great kudos to him if it happens.

This is a little interesting considering how comprehensively anyone who suggested he was a chance at captain were not just shut down but basically had their intelligence questioned, to put it nicely.

o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back