Review 2017 Qualifying Final: Box Hill Hawks v Port Melbourne, 3 September 2017, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone see the Port Melbourne player go down behind play
The player was Hugh Sandilands who may have been trying to impersonate Davis or Rance. I thought he could have been swooped by a nesting magpie. JC must have been on the Port bench because Hugh made a miraculous recovery. I wouldn't necessarily take any notice of Dasher given he thought Miles kicked a barrel for his second goal in the first quarter and shot me down for calling the hand off to Willsmore.

Re O'Meara, he would have been eligible to play if he played no AFL games after 1st July or the required number of VFL games.

Box Hill Hawks 4.4-28 6.8-44 8.9-57 11.11-77
Port Melbourne 2.1-13 5.6-36 7.7-49 9.10-64

Box Hill Hawks
Goal Kickers: V. Adduci 2, T. Miles 2, W. Murphy 2, A. Moore 2, O. Hanrahan, D. Willsmore, B. Whitecross
Best Players: M. O''Donnell, A. Moore, D. Mirra, J. O''Rourke, W. Hams, K. Heatherley
Port Melbourne
Goal Kickers: T. Pinwill, C. Searle, B. Murdoch, A. Anastasio, B. Pearson, J. Lisle, R. Nahas, H. Sandilands, H. Hooper
Best Players: E. Templeton, D. Mascitti, L. Tynan, L. Cook, S. Dwyer, J. Lisle

The BHH play the winner of Casey v Richmond on Saturday 16th September at 2:40pm. In the past years the Preliminary finals have been played at Port Melbourne.

Last edited:
O'Rourke was pretty good apart from the time he booted the clearance the wrong way!

Ha ha, that was a beautiful long kick out of the middle!
I haven't seen that since the Under 15's.

Fortunately, he picked out a Hawthorn defender, who got it going back our way ...

Nash now has a fwd role and for the most part still has his L plates on , unsure of running patterns , when to go and when to role back , the tools are there though .
Glass is a class above , attacks the ball in a straight line , has speed to burn and uses it extremely well , heard today too he's now 192 . Really excited by this kid .

Nash reminded me a lot how Glass was playing in his first year at Box Hill. I thought he showed some very good signs and should be ready for a few games next year, and have a break-out season in2019. Glass still has a lot of improvement and could be anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OVTFwg8.png

GbR96De.png

Schoenmakers needs to play in the Preliminary Final to give Box Hill a marking target and to allow Nash to go back into defense.
Heard Schoe is on holiday in Europe. Jones has had a fair bit of work done so I reckon we wont see him again this year.

Tyrone looks shot. No way he is match fit - I hope.

Dunno how far we will get if Nash is our primary tall forward target.

Heard Schoe is on holiday in Europe. Jones has had a fair bit of work done so I reckon we wont see him again this year.

Gee that's a quick getaway from Schoey, maybe he is comfortable because he has a new contract for next year
Or, he has been told there may be a chance he could be shipped off so be back by Trade Period.
Or.... Maybe I'm thinking too much.

Vickery was terrible most of the day. Based on that game, Connor Nash has gone past him.

On your injury/fitness hope, I did see a message go out to him in the last, which prompted Vickery to go onto the ball. He played his heart out for about 90 seconds (some blocks, good defensive mark), he then jogged off with no urgency and sat out the next 5 mins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back