Draft Review 2017 - Revisit the 2017 AFL draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside from not getting a KPP, absolutely stunned that we landed Murphy with 39. People were talking about him as top 10-15, even wondering if we'd reach to him with 6. Stephenson, well, everyone will be left wondering (with his heart) but could be one of the best players from the draft.

On another note, who the hell is Will Powell who went at 19???

North did well getting LDU at 4. I reckon they would have struggled to contain themselves in calling his name out.
West Coast did well.
Port Adelaide would be happy.

LDU - Well, we all know the top 5-6 drafted players are going to be guns.
Walker - Lightening quick and athletic, speculative, but a lot of potential. Kicking is a slight concern.
Kyron-Hayden - Big inside midfielder, hopefully to replace Swallow long-term.
Xerri - Aggressive project ruck, I like, but a project nonetheless.
Hartung - Has shown that he is AFL quality and brings much needed speed and depth to North.

I am quite happy, although Walker was a surprise tbh.

North did well getting LDU at 4. I reckon they would have struggled to contain themselves in calling his name out.
West Coast did well.
Port Adelaide would be happy.
I don't know about North, but I've been giddy as anything for the past two and a half hours because of LDU.

Carlton clearly won this draft... The 17 games and 10 goals from their recruits speak for itself.

The other 17 teams clearly lost, as their players have only combined for 63 games and 27 goals.

FTFY

#hartung
#pickett

Carlton clearly won this draft... The 0 games and 0 goals from their recruits speak for itself.

The other 17 teams clearly lost, as their players have only combined for 0 games and 0 goals.

You are one witty camrayner aren't you

Last edited:
I think we bought a few players to use for spare parts in case the Selwood's lose an arm or an ear or maybe a nose next year.
Seriously idfk, just kids, i'll comment in 5 or 6 years about who has done well, and when i come back don't try and sell
me you're failed crystal balls either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton clearly won this draft... The 0 games and 0 goals from their recruits speak for itself.

The other 17 teams clearly lost, as their players have only combined for 0 games and 0 goals.
Dom Barry has played 5 games for a total of 38 possessions, 1 behind, and 1 plane ticket home.
We win.

I think we bought a few players to use for spare parts in case the Selwood's lose an arm or an ear or maybe a nose next year.
Seriously idfk, just kids, i'll comment in 5 or 6 years about who has done well, and when i come back don't try and sell
me you're failed crystal balls either.

I'm pretty sure you are Milo Kerrigan judging by the coherency of this post

Hartung - Has shown that he is AFL quality and brings much needed speed and depth to North.
Consistent on the Hartung thread all year. Bloke is a spud. Dumb footballer. Headless, cannot make a decision to save himself. If you told him to follow and negate someone, he could probs do that. Has elite combo of speed & endurance.

But you would never have expected to get LDU, that's your win, a massive win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back