Draft Review 2017 - Revisit the 2017 AFL draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I was surprised with the Swans picking Ling but it seems we really targeted running halfbacks who are good kicks and decision makers as we got Stoddard who is the same as well.

We also got McCartin who looks promising, and he also has to be the youngest player in the draft as he doesn't turn 18 for another 5 weeks. Probably has another few centimetres in growth left in him.

I am sure the Swans won't win in this thread, but I am moderately happy with how our draft went as the Swans clearly drafted for needs in all our picks this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very Happy with our first two picks - will allow Fyfe to go forward sooner rather than later. Bit flat we didn't go after a decent KPB, Johnson is done and Hamling needs support, Logue is a third tall, there's a gap we should have drafted for.

Interesting draft for West Coast - looks like they don't think they're any chance of winning a flag any time soon and went hard at refreshing their spine. Good picks with their first two - shocker with the 3rd and then bought it home well with Ainsworth and Petruccelle.

Was humorous to see GCS swipe Wil Powell from the Coasters, they did their best to hide him this year. Hats off to GCS recruiters.

Brander, Allen and Ryan. Surely you're happy dude, genuinely think you did alright. No mids, but two forwards, or one forward, one defender. WCE get a tick in my eyes.

Yep, stoked with no mids and having to waste a pick on Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back