Draft Review 2017 - Revisit the 2017 AFL draft

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
His younger brother is better
Depends on which brother you are talking about but certainly not Xavier who is eligible this year and will be lucky to get rookie listed
#34 - Patrick Naish has been dominating the VFL with 20+ pos consistently and kicking goals. Would have been getting games but we have depth in his position

#17 - Jack Higgins kid has just been fantastic and his numbers are up there with the best of his draft , Playing full time midfield with Cotchin injured

#20 - Callum Coleman-Jones 19 year old ruckman way too early to tell but been great as a fwd/ruck at VFL and looking like a win played 1st game

#25 - Noah Balta , Now this kid is going to be a very special player 18 position player and only just turned 19 will play 250 games and special talent

# Rookie - Liam Baker, What can you say this kid is already best 22 and keeping Dan Butler out of the team Richmond have a beauty here for a rookie pick

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Depends on which brother you are talking about but certainly not Xavier who is eligible this year and will be lucky to get rookie listed
#34 - Patrick Naish has been dominating the VFL with 20+ pos consistently and kicking goals. Would have been getting games but we have depth in his position

#17 - Jack Higgins kid has just been fantastic and his numbers are up there with the best of his draft , Playing full time midfield with Cotchin injured

#20 - Callum Coleman-Jones 19 year old ruckman way too early to tell but been great as a fwd/ruck at VFL and looking like a win played 1st game

#25 - Noah Balta , Now this kid is going to be a very special player 18 position player and only just turned 19 will play 250 games and special talent

# Rookie - Liam Baker, What can you say this kid is already best 22 and keeping Dan Butler out of the team Richmond have a beauty here for a rookie pick

Butler played tonight. Maybe not next week.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
Naish
Rioli (MRioli Junior)
Naish

its about time richmond started getting some class father sons

I loved Maurice Rioli as a player. I saw him play many games as number 49 for the mighty red & whites. Bulldogs (in the actual West) forever. :)

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think I can deal with baker losing the rising star to rozee , but if Walsh finishes above him I am not going to be happy .

Well, at least you've given yourself a long time to prepare for the disappointment.

Back on topic, is there a number before 1 that we can put Noah Balta at?

Just a lazy 16 contested possessions, 7 clearances, 6 tackles, 5 inside 50s, 3 rebound 50s, 422 metres gained. 19 years old, 196cm, 100kg. As quick as anyone in the comp. Kicks 65 metres of either leg. Freak.

And you drafted [insert spud here]. You dumb buggers.

:D

Didn't do much on Friday night. The Balta hype needs to be cooled down a bit.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
WCE absolutely smashed it

Freo fans probably think they smashed it, but in reality they've shot them selves in the foot. Cerra looked devastated.

North did pretty good

Pies killed it for what they had. got the best player in the draft
Cerra signed until 2021.

I am sure he is "devastated" now

Lots of brown and gold love for James Worpel. Who is giving up their pick (s) for him?

13. Brander no
21. Allen no
26. Ryan no
32. Ainsworth ok
38. Petruccelle wheels!
68. Brayshaw ok
You'd take him over Ryan at least. He's better than Ryan now and Ryan has 3 years on him.

Petruccelle depends on what you want, but I'd take Worpel first too.

Less certain re: Brander/Allen because they're talls and still have lots of time. Allen at least looks good.

Back