Player Sponsorship 2017 Richmond Board Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Good stuff everybody!

As an update: so far we've nearly got enough in pledges for 1 and a half players (pity we don't have Vickery anymore, he could have been handy about now). Keep spreading the word!

I should point out I've taken the conservative approach (for anyone who said they'd be down for 1 but might go for 2 shares, or down for 2 but might go in for 3 - I've used the lower amount).

The club have also advised the first sponsor event next year will be a preseason BBQ to be held on 11th February (so we'll need to try and have this finalised before then). Other events have not had dates chosen at this stage.

Nah. Far queues all. My $50 goes to the club.
Tried this last year.
Don't like how BF can keep tabs on your real identity through your bank account if you contribute.
Was also trying to give the side benefits of sponsorship (prizes etc) to TigerImposter when we were mates but BF wouldn't allow it.
Nah.

Nah. Far queues all. My $50 goes to the club.
Tried this last year.
Don't like how BF can keep tabs on your real identity through your bank account if you contribute.
Was also trying to give the side benefits of sponsorship (prizes etc) to TigerImposter when we were mates but BF wouldn't allow it.
Nah.
As we went over last year I'm sure that doesn't happen at all, BF admin has nothing to do with it.

If I have the spare money at the time I'm hoping to buy a few extra shares we can raffle off for those without the funds who want to get involved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in then

Jokes aside, indirectly the process of managing the funds is pretty transparent.

The account was set up by one of the mods i believe (Heisenberg_ correct me if wrong mate), and we are trusting them to do the right thing.

Good thing is we will quickly know if theft or misrepresentation occurs.

Every year a full list of posters and their contribution is made, so the mods can reconcile pledges against funds received (and so they can decide when to actually pull the trigger and spend the coin knowing they have received everything)

RFC_Official Also sees this list like every other poster. I think its safe to say that if we raise $6k (for example) but the mod only handed over $4k to the club while claiming the full $6k was spent, the club would be contacting chief and admin of bigfooty pretty damn quickly.

At the end of the day, if we raise money to sponsor 4 players, we will only be able to sponsor 4 players if the mod pays in full. Stealing this coin would be detected so quickly its not funny, and it would be the dumbest way to attempt to fleece supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back