2017 Richmond Membership Thread - 73,235 on 23/8/17

What will we finish with?

• 60k-65k

• 65k-70k

• 70k-75k

• 75k-80k

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The free 2017 memberships should not be counted in this years tally as its not a sale but a give away but the benefit is that the chances are the people buying these memberships would be people who dont or didnt have a 2017 membership so it shouldn't effect the sales for next year from the current members.

On another note tigers averaged 40,920 people attending our games with 900,237 total attendances Ranked #7
This year our match day attendances are 46,580 Ranked #1 and total attendances are 1,024,751 Ranked #1

Extra 124,514 total
average 5,660 extra a game

Added to this we will play min 2 finals with possibly 160,000 - 170,000 extra people attending & 2,000 extra members
I wouldn't be suprised if the Richmond Football Club posted a $5,000,000 profit for 2017 which would be an amazing result considering where our team was 6 years ago.
Yep should be a massive profit , our club should be on it's way to having formidable financial strength , meaning we re always in a position employing the best of the best to run the joint . With our membership and attendance numbers , it should be elementary

DJfWqz-VoAIDGtG.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A real shame but the difficulty in accessing finals tickets will likely put some off. If I had bought my membership for the year only to miss out on getting access to a ticket in a prelim final at a stadium that holds 100,000 against a team whose members reportedly bought no more than 3,000 tickets I would be pi55ed off. Imagine the level of frustration if we were playing a big Melbourne club.

A real shame but the difficulty in accessing finals tickets will likely put some off. If I had bought my membership for the year only to miss out on getting access to a ticket in a prelim final at a stadium that holds 100,000 against a team whose members reportedly bought no more than 3,000 tickets I would be pi55ed off. Imagine the level of frustration if we were playing a big Melbourne club.

Going forward, if you don't have a membership you won't get a finals ticket and probably won't get into some our bigger drawing games either (First game, Dreamtime, ANZAC Eve etc). Looks like we're heading down the path of the Crows and Eagles where you will need to have a membership to attend games :eek:

Regardless, the necessity of getting a membership to attend finals should push up our membership next year considerably. Couple that with our womens team license and the members drawn from that and we'll rocket past the Pies and Hawks into untested heights :thumbsu:

Going forward, if you don't have a membership you won't get a finals ticket and probably won't get into some our bigger drawing games either (First game, Dreamtime, ANZAC Eve etc). Looks like we're heading down the path of the Crows and Eagles where you will need to have a membership to attend games :eek:

Regardless, the necessity of getting a membership to attend finals should push up our membership next year considerably. Couple that with our womens team license and the members drawn from that and we'll rocket past the Pies and Hawks into untested heights :thumbsu:
I would also expect a lot of membership upgrades to reserved seating to happen.

If we keep on going the way we are, then just a General Admission wouldn't be enough for games like the traditional Rd1 match, ANZAC eve or Dreamtime unless you get in early to reserve a seat on top of the GA membership for that game. Even on games where it's not a sell out will mean supporters will need to turn up earlier to get a good seat due to the larger crowds in general, which would increase the incentive to purchase a reserved seat.

I would also expect a lot of membership upgrades to reserved seating to happen.

If we keep on going the way we are, then just a General Admission wouldn't be enough for games like the traditional Rd1 match, ANZAC eve or Dreamtime unless you get in early to reserve a seat on top of the GA membership for that game. Even on games where it's not a sell out will mean supporters will need to turn up earlier to get a good seat due to the larger crowds in general, which would increase the incentive to purchase a reserved seat.
Can see this happening.....a reserved seat will definitely be the way to go. Pay by the month and you don't even notice it.

Tigers - Do we have an update on our membership numbers and what will it surge to this week ..... I reckon its likey to go gangbusters this week ....

Back