Votes: 48 10.4%
  • Brayden Fiorini(GC)

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • Wayne Milera(ADEL)

Votes: 20 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

McGrath seems to be doing the slow burn like Mills did last year. May serve him well if he gets a late nod with a bit of minor hysteria each week of him not being nominating.

I dont SPP winning it. But looks a solid 3rd/4th. He's made the early strides, but come years end, SPS, McGrath, Taranto & Hopper will be dominating the conversation methinks.

Don't think McGrath looks anywhere near as good as Mills did last year. I see him as coming a 3rd or 4th with the way he is going at the moment.

Bias I know. But Essendon have been building up Francis's tank through the VFL. I think he plays this week, if not this week then definitely Anzac Day. From there, I think he has the natural talent to stay in the team, contribute and have flashes of brilliance. If he can stay fit and injury free ( huge if), I think he can still push for the award.

Bias I know. But Essendon have been building up Francis's tank through the VFL. I think he plays this week, if not this week then definitely Anzac Day. From there, I think he has the natural talent to stay in the team, contribute and have flashes of brilliance. If he can stay fit and injury free ( huge if), I think he can still push for the award.
No offence to you or Essendon but Imo Francis is a bit overrated by your supporters. Has done very little at AFL level imo.

No offence to you or Essendon but Imo Francis is a bit overrated by your supporters. Has done very little at AFL level imo.
No s**t, he's played 3 games in a hideously bad team. He's got the talent (I'd argue he's the most talented player on our list), just needs the application and to work out what his position at the top level is. I like him forward as a sort of Jake Stringer style mobile KPP but he's a very good intercept mark (at lower levels at least). Some of our fans want him as an explosive inside mid but I'd prefer forward so he can use his overhead marking ability.

I believe that is how he remains eligible to take out the award. If he'd played 50 games he wouldn't have a chance in hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fiorini for me. 31 touches at 75% efficiency, 6 marks, 4 tackles and 6 clearances. He has started the year off very well, kicked 2 and had 18 touches last week. He's my tip to win it at this point.
Had my vote from September last year. He just finds the pill at will and uses it well.

McGrath is the rising star got this round. Well done to him. Although I did think fiorini Deserved it (for the second time), McGrath played a great game.
Guys like Fiorini, Marchbank ect will get there's eventually anyway since I expect them to finish pretty high in the voting late in the year. Took Fantasia ages to get his nomination last year aswell.

I think it's looking very close this year but I expect Hopper to come home strong

Very open this year.
Love the people losing their loads at SPP in round 2.

Now he's hit a wall only 2 weeks later...

It is good that it is so open. It is why I probably still have Hopper ahead, but honestly it is a guess.

Didn't think SPP was that bad last week.

Don't think McGrath looks anywhere near as good as Mills did last year. I see him as coming a 3rd or 4th with the way he is going at the moment.

McGrath hasn't been as good as Mills was, on average, last year. However, I'd argue that he has outperformed Mills over their first four games.

Mills (R1 - R4): 17.3 disposals (74% eff); 4.5 marks; 1.8 tackles; 3 clangers; 69.8 SC
McGrath (R1 - R4): 19.5 disposals (79.5% eff); 4 marks; 4.5 tackles; 1.75 clangers; 74.5 SC

Mills made great strides following the bye last year - he wasn't nominated until round 16 - but there was nothing particularly remarkable about his opening month.

Mills (R12 - GF): 20 disposals (77.5% eff); 5.4 marks; 2.2 tackles; 2.4 clangers; 80.1 SC

Now you may very well be right in that McGrath could finish 3rd or 4th - this year appears to have more depth among RS eligible players than last year - but I think it is a stretch to say that McGrath doesn't look anywhere near as good as Mills did last year. Particularly after playing four games.

It is good that it is so open. It is why I probably still have Hopper ahead, but honestly it is a guess.

Didn't think SPP was that bad last week.

He wasnt 'bad' but hes clearly hit a wall a bit.
Being big bodied and ready to go is one thing, but being able to stand the rigours of 22 games is another story.

He wasnt 'bad' but hes clearly hit a wall a bit.
Being big bodied and ready to go is one thing, but being able to stand the rigours of 22 games is another story.

Still competed that's all you can ask. Hopper should be bolting this in

Burton would have to be close to leading at the moment. Has been the most consistently good nominee so far... Hasn't had a bad game in a team playing mostly ordinary.

Burton would have to be close to leading at the moment. Has been the most consistently good nominee so far... Hasn't had a bad game in a team playing mostly ordinary.
It's crazy he isn't even on the voting list. Would have to be the favourite for it now after a quarter of a season.

Back