Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Jack Silvagni

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Harley Balic

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a gun forward in general or a gun key forward?
Gun key forward, to clarify of which I think Burton classifies.

Shades of a young Pavlich I reckon (key forward with ability to play midfield and back to great effect). And that is serious praise. Long way to get to that though.

Small/medium forwards are easier (but still not easy!) to find

What is Burtons contract status? Any chance he pulls a reverse Gunston and goes home to Adelaide?
Really doubt it. Apparently there was a falling out between the Crows and his father who used to work for them. And I think he was on record pre-draft saying he wanted to be at a Victorian club. But you never know.

Gun key forward, to clarify of which I think Burton classifies.

Reminds me of a Pavlich I reckon (key forward with ability to play midfield and back to great effect). And that is serious praise.

Small/medium forwards are easier (but still not easy!) to find
He's listed at 191cm and 90kg. That's more of a flanker build. But he has played at CHB a lot this year and excelled. I reckon his best will probably come with more midfield minutes.

Pavlich is 1.92m.
And Dunstall is 1.88m.

Both played in significantly different periods. We're now frequently seeing KPPs up around 200cm+ and 100kg.

Burton has the class to play loose in those positions but his biggest weakness is that he can't physically match those bigger opponents for strength. He'll never be that big either.

Playing primarily midfield and then pushing forward (or sitting back) as a 3rd tall will be how he'll dominate games. Just like similar sized players in Fyfe, Dangerfield and Bontempelli do now.

And Dunstall is 1.88m.

Both played in significantly different periods. We're now frequently seeing KPPs up around 200cm+ and 100kg.

Burton has the class to play loose in those positions but his biggest weakness is that he can't physically match those bigger opponents for strength. He'll never be that big either.

Playing primarily midfield and then pushing forward (or sitting back) as a 3rd tall will be how he'll dominate games. Just like similar sized players in Fyfe, Dangerfield and Bontempelli do now.
You are putting Burton in the same class as Fyfe, Dangerfield, Bontempelli now?!

He is saying that he will play a similar role to those types of players. No one is saying he is as good as those players at this stage of his career.
Ah no, he said he'll "dominate games" the way those players do. It's there in black and white. Maybe he needs to phrase it better or keep it in his pants a bit more

Ah no, he said he'll "dominate games" the way those players do. It's there in black and white. Maybe he needs to phrase it better or keep it in his pants a bit more
just keep it in your pants mate
"Playing primarily midfield and then pushing forward (or sitting back) as a 3rd tall will be how he'll dominate games. Just like similar sized players in Fyfe, Dangerfield and Bontempelli do now."

IMG_2427.jpg IMG_2428.jpg

Fancy having to teach you stuff preps learn. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll have a bitch fit about me suggesting he will be just like those 3 other players are now. So let me just beat you to that and clarify that he'll be better. :cool:

"Playing primarily midfield and then pushing forward (or sitting back) as a 3rd tall will be how he'll dominate games. Just like similar sized players in Fyfe, Dangerfield and Bontempelli do now."

View attachment 387645 View attachment 387646

Fancy having to teach you stuff preps learn. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll have a bitch fit about me suggesting he will be just like those 3 other players are now. So let me just beat you to that and clarify that he'll be better. :cool:
Precisely my point. You think Burton is going to be as good as those players.

I say again. Keep it in your pants, lol. Just casually suggesting he'll be a top 3 player in the game. Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Precisely my point. You think Burton is going to be as good as those players.

I say again. Keep it in your pants, lol. Just casually suggesting he'll be a top 3 player in the game. Lol
It's not unreasonable to think that given he's likely leading the race for this award. Or are you the thought police as well as the fun police?

It's not unreasonable to think that given he's likely leading the race for this award. Or are you the thought police as well as the fun police?
You think "leading" the RS - whatever that means given its a completely fictitious concept - means that he can reasonably be projected as a top 3 player in the game???

Hahaha dude you're entitled to think whatever you want, just as I'm entitled to find it ******* hilarious

You think "leading" the RS - whatever that means given its a completely fictitious concept - means that he can reasonably be projected as a top 3 player in the game???

Hahaha dude you're entitled to think whatever you want, just as I'm entitled to find it ******* hilarious
That's "top 1" thanks. When can I get that hook back?

Hipwood will have a couple of 4+ goal games during the rest of the season and end up with between 35-40 goals for the season, a shoe in for the award. Not many KPFs do that in their second season let alone with a bottom side that is on starvation rations for forward 50 entries.

Hipwood will have a couple of 4+ goal games during the rest of the season and end up with between 35-40 goals for the season, a shoe in for the award. Not many KPFs do that in their second season let alone with a bottom side that is on starvation rations for forward 50 entries.

If he ends up with 40 he'll definitely be a good shout. Hogan won it with 44.

Ah right, you're just trolling, sure :D
Well obviously I think Burton is the best thing since sliced bread, but definite future 'top 1' in the game based solely on his placing in this award? Well that's only probably true. ;)

Back