Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Jack Silvagni

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Harley Balic

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Because arguments that involve comments like that have turned this thread into an intellectual cesspool.
Pull your head in.

No I mean deadshit posts exactly like the one you just dished up. Keep the parochial garbage on your own board.

2 Essendon posters claiming non-parochialism....I rest my case.....Salty as all heck.

I really don't get the angst over this award. If Burton comes second and McGrath first or vice-versa it makes precisely zero difference long term; one just likely played slightly better over the last few games.

Yet still the player and supporter base who doesn't win is going to get absolutely trolled.

What an age we live in.

SPP to take it and both Essendon & Hawthorn supporters to stare awkwardly at each other.

2 Essendon posters claiming non-parochialism....I rest my case.....Salty as all heck.
Look through my earlier comments and you'll see that not only do I believe burton is the favourite, I likened him to Matthew Pavlich.
No salt, just you now looking like an idiot claiming parochialism when it really is just that your arguments are no longer amount football but a pissing contest.

I really don't get the angst over this award. If Burton comes second and McGrath first or vice-versa it makes precisely zero difference long term; one just likely played slightly better over the last few games.

Yet still the player and supporter base who doesn't win is going to get absolutely trolled.

What an age we live in.

SPP to take it and both Essendon & Hawthorn supporters to stare awkwardly at each other.

As above, don't care that burton is the favourite. My previous comment is that this thread has disintegrated into insults and no longer about the rising star.

I literally don't care who wins it. SPP would also be a worthy winner as well. Hipwood is a sneaky chance too if he can kick a few bags in the second half of the season.

No salt, just you now looking like an idiot claiming parochialism when it really is just that your arguments are no longer amount football but a pissing contest..

No, my comments directly relate to football & the fact that Burton is having an excellent season.

All off-season we read about how Hawthorn had no kids of any quality, on behalf of opposition posters. And how our future was as bleak as it gets.

So you'll forgive Hawk posters enthusiasm in this thread, that a kid who didn't even rate a mention in the likelys column, is now favorite for the award.

Powell-Pepper showing why he should definitely be in the conversation for rising star. Good game from the kid tonight... 24 touches.. 10 contested, scored 2.2.

For mine, it's between Burton and SPP at this point... Burton slightly ahead given (i think) he's been a more consistent performer, plus all the additional media coverage he's getting over here in Melbourne will help (although it really shouldn't).

Watch out for Charlie Curnow. Playing the hardest position on the ground (CHF) in the weakest forward line in the league. And we know how the judges rate KPFs (hogan).

Has played every game this year and is building and building. Has had some quiet ones but seems to have found his confidence of late. Providing a real target.

Last week - 16 possessions, 9 marks, 1 goal
This week - 22 posies, 11 marks, 1 goal

Could steam roll them all!!

Unfortunately for SPP if he was playing in a vic team he would be absolute favourite. Beast of a game tonight but will get no coverage.

SPP has to win in my eyes. Not only has he had a great year but he's allowed Gray to play forward and dominate.

Love the table on the Hawks board that cherry picks Burton's stats :D

Is Burton playing well another accident on history?

I mean give credit where credits due and stop bitching whenever you see Burton's name mentioned. He's the favourite to win the award for a reason.

He never ever played in defense as a junior, yet he's made that half back flank position his own. He'll likely finish second in Hawthorn's best and fairest and will be a future captain. This is player who badly broke his leg less than 24 months ago.

If McGrath had been playing well and was the front runner to win it, then he would be deserving the honour at this stage, but the fact remains that McGrath hasn't even been close to Essendon's top five best performers this year.

Burton is beating him in just about every single statistical category.

#Head*ed

Unfortunately for SPP if he was playing in a vic team he would be absolute favourite. Beast of a game tonight but will get no coverage.
Spp is getting covarage. I posted a while back, at the time he had been in more 'Best' then the others. He hasn't been mentioned 'here' enough, i agree with that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I mean give credit where credits due and stop bitching whenever you see Burton's name mentioned. He's the favourite to win the award for a reason.

He never ever played in defense as a junior, yet he's made that half back flank position his own. He'll likely finish second in Hawthorn's best and fairest and will be a future captain. This is player who badly broke his leg less than 24 months ago.

If McGrath had been playing well and was the front runner to win it, then he would be deserving the honour at this stage, but the fact remains that McGrath hasn't even been close to Essendon's top five best performers this year.

#Head****ed

While I agree that Burton has been better than McGrath this year I dont really think Burton being the second best Hawk for the season is really something to hang his hat on.

#Head****ed
There's only one head*ed mob mate and that's the one that posts cherry picked stats as though it means anything.

Here's just a couple of my posts giving credit where it's due. Note the lack statistics specifically tailored to make McGrath look better?

like I said in the other thread, if Burton can add goal kicking to his game, and play like that consistently, no-one could begrudge him winning the RS.

That was a bit of the razzle dazzle that maybe he's missed, that McGrath has. So good for him
As far as I'm concerned, going by the way things have panned out, and assuming they remain somewhat similar, I would have no issue with either Burton or McGrath winning it, with Marchbank a rung back for mine.

Burton is a bit older, yes, but he's also a KPD and in a comp about young players it's always good to see the big guys do well.

Obviously I'm biased to McGrath and hope he wins, but should Burton keep it up all year and end up saluting he'll get nothing but bouquets from me, he's been great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the table on the Hawks board that cherry picks Burton's stats :D
Actually taken from a foxsports.com.au article. It really bugs you that your boy isn't going to win it doesn't it? I can tell because you'll spend the rest of this thread trying to cut Burton down.

This article from The Age contained an interesting stat I hadn't heard before. I wish the public had access to more stats like this.

"The Hawks have generated 74 points directly from his (Burton's) intercepts – ranked fourth in the competition of the top 50 intercept players, with only Michael Hurley, Robbie Tarrant and Rory Laird above him."
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...awthorn-hawk-on-the-rise-20170627-gwz9e4.html

Actually taken from a foxsports.com.au article. It really bugs you that your boy isn't going to win it doesn't it? I can tell because you'll spend the rest of this thread trying to cut Burton down.
It bugs me so much I've posted on multiple occasions that if Burton wins I'll consider it well earned and have nothing but congratulations for him

I'd currently have them listed as follows:

1. SPP
2. Burton
3. Fiorini (not nominated yet somehow)
4. McGrath
5. Curnow

It's a really tight race though, will be interesting to see who actually ends up getting it. The selectors would love to choose either Burton (Good Blokes Footy Team) or McGrath (redemption of the Bombers). They'd be against choosing SPP or Fiorini as both a non-Victorian clubs, Fiorini in particular as I doubt hardly anyone has heard of him south of the Tweed River.

They'd be against choosing SPP or Fiorini as both a non-Victorian clubs, Fiorini in particular as I doubt hardly anyone has heard of him south of the Tweed River.
Why would you think that would be the case? The winner (Mills) just last year was from a non-Victorian club. In fact more than 50% of winners have come from non-Vic clubs. This despite Vic clubs making up more than 50% of the comp.

I'd currently have them listed as follows:

1. SPP
2. Burton
3. Fiorini (not nominated yet somehow)
4. McGrath
5. Curnow

It's a really tight race though, will be interesting to see who actually ends up getting it. The selectors would love to choose either Burton (Good Blokes Footy Team) or McGrath (redemption of the Bombers). They'd be against choosing SPP or Fiorini as both a non-Victorian clubs, Fiorini in particular as I doubt hardly anyone has heard of him south of the Tweed River.
IMG_4988.JPG

If he's not here saying he doesn't care if Burton wins he's reading the Hawk board....

But he doesn't care....and he's certainly not #head*ed. ;)

If he's not here saying he doesn't care if Burton wins he's reading the Hawk board....

But he doesn't care....and he's certainly not #head****ed. ;)
I had my suspicions that his posts stating that "if Burton wins it will be well deserved" had not actually been made with the sincerest intentions. That they were in fact just a means for him to save face should Burton get up. But now learning just how closely he follows the Burton thread on the Hawthorn board it seems I was wrong and he's genuinely just a big fan of Burton.

Back