Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Jack Silvagni

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Harley Balic

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like Will Hayward from the Swans. He started really well and looks like he'll be a gun. I don't think it'll be long until he gets an nomination.

Was good today but his side was dominant. Not a lot of hurt factor today - easy chips 20m away generally. Two contested possessions out of 21. Had it pretty easy today.
Most outside players' ability to impact a game is dependent on the rest of the side doing well. Inside mids feeding it to them and then the forwards leading into space for them to deliver into. I didn't see the game so can't comment on the impact of his possessions, but getting it 21 times is pretty good for a first year player.

Burton #1 in the AFL for disposal efficiency for those that average 20 or more possessions a game. He's the only rising star candidate to average more than 20 possessions so far.

Burton #1 in the AFL for disposal efficiency for those that average 20 or more possessions a game. He's the only rising star candidate to average more than 20 possessions so far.
Not sure disposals or efficiency come into it

Parish averaged just over 20 compared to Mills' 18 last season
Fairly close DE's
Parish had more contested possessions, tackles and effective disposals per game.
about half a mark per game difference in favour of Mills.

Parish was 4th, Mills 1st.

Not sure stats matter in the RS.

Fairly close DE's
Parish had more contested possessions, tackles and effective disposals per game.

Ones a mid and ones a defender

Fairly close DE's

Well Ryan is playing the Callum Mills role this season for us, and he's doing better for us this year than Mills did it for Sydney last year (and this year for what it's worth).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burton is the most composed kid Ive seen in years. Never phased and such an incredible reader of the play.

Cousins had a great first game tonight too. Hopefully Clarko gives him another game next week. Can see him getting a nomination later in the year.
Is of similar composure to Weitering who looked and played like a veteran in his first game and had a brilliant first season, didn't win the award though - Burton is quite impressive but I would be astounded if he won it after Weits didn't

Every week, Burton just turns up! is the glue holding together this back-line.

Amazing how he slipped through to pick 19 for us. If that 2015 draft was done again he's a top 5 pick. What's impressive about Burton's game right now is the fact that he never played any footy as a defender whatsoever as a junior playing primarily as a half forward. He's got everything you want in a half back flanker; good speed, elite kicking skills and can defend very well in one on one marking duels.

Is of similar composure to Weitering who looked and played like a veteran in his first game and had a brilliant first season, didn't win the award though - Burton is quite impressive but I would be astounded if he won it after Weits didn't
Weitering was robbed like Cyril in 2008.

Burton putting together an amazing year.
upload_2017-5-27_4-41-18.png

FWIW I would have had Weitering as the rising star last year, never seen a teenage key defender in his first season play at such a sustained and high standard week in week out.

Back