Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Jack Silvagni

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Harley Balic

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is of similar composure to Weitering who looked and played like a veteran in his first game and had a brilliant first season, didn't win the award though - Burton is quite impressive but I would be astounded if he won it after Weits didn't

Yeah Weitering was great from Day 1 which is unusual for the very tall kids.

Was much better than Mills too. A good player but not great.

Caleb Daniel or Weitering I think would have been worthy winners for 2 very different reasons. Mills was carried by a very strong team defence.

Burton is our key defender.

Burton played a far more attacking role this week. Hawks directed a lot of their offensive thrusts through him - with good reason too. Has moved into equal second with Marchbank @ 6.00 with SportsBet.

It's a three horse race at the moment. McGrath, Marchbank and Burton all so consistent. Might come down to who falters first.

Is of similar composure to Weitering who looked and played like a veteran in his first game and had a brilliant first season, didn't win the award though - Burton is quite impressive but I would be astounded if he won it after Weits didn't
Burton is playing a role at HB more similar to Mills rather than KPD like Weitering. For what it's worth Weitering was the best RS eligible player last year.

Weiterings a superstar and if he didn't cop that shoulder injury, he would of won in a canter. Just as burton will do this year Barring injury or another kid having an elite second half of the year.

how has he been "more consistent" than Andy McGrath, out of interest?
One way (and I'm not suggesting it's the right/best way) to determine who's been most consistent is standard deviation of Supercoach scores/ChampionData ranking points. We all know this is a flawed way of comparing players though. But here it is none the less...

So by average score it's Burton, Marchbank and McGrath in that order. All with a pretty low standard deviation. Hence they are all quite consistent. Of those three McGrath is most consistent, however that is more consistent at a lower average score. Though by this measure Tom Phillips is actually "most consistent".

* This only factors in performances until the end of last round. The tool wasn't allowing me to include this rounds games yet. I can redo at the end of the round if people like.
Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 11.18.24 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 11.19.05 AM.png

Whole lot of cheap nothing touches and stat padding from Burton last night.
Did you actually watch the match or are you just reading the stat sheet? Yeah he had a few "cheap" possies across half back, but he also had plenty of disposals that set up possession chains that resulted in scores. He was very influential last night and among one of our best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as I'm concerned, going by the way things have panned out, and assuming they remain somewhat similar, I would have no issue with either Burton or McGrath winning it, with Marchbank a rung back for mine.

Burton is a bit older, yes, but he's also a KPD and in a comp about young players it's always good to see the big guys do well.

Obviously I'm biased to McGrath and hope he wins, but should Burton keep it up all year and end up saluting he'll get nothing but bouquets from me, he's been great

As far as I'm concerned, going by the way things have panned out, and assuming they remain somewhat similar, I would have no issue with either Burton or McGrath winning it, with Marchbank a rung back for mine.

Burton is a bit older, yes, but he's also a KPD and in a comp about young players it's always good to see the big guys do well.

Obviously I'm biased to McGrath and hope he wins, but should Burton keep it up all year and end up saluting he'll get nothing but bouquets from me, he's been great
This is the right attitude to have. Plenty of great players don't win this award. It shouldn't take anything away from any of these players should they miss out.

I have major wraps on Weitering, when i saw Burton debut last year i was shocked to see another with similar traits! both guns.

What works? Why would I need to feel better? You're struggling mate.
I am not the one desperately trying to convince the world the guy from my team is winning :D

Everyone knows McGrath is out in front bar a few sad Hawthorne supporters who try to use a 5.5% differential in season wide efficiency for a guy who has significantly less contested ball :D

Isn't that exactly what you were doing in the post I replied to? Do you not see how hypocritical you are? Seriously?
Lol I was responding to the waves of Hawks supporters after last night squawking about how Burton would win. I have nothing to prov. I would welcome a Burton wins but McGrath is in front according to anyone who takes bets and had another great game tonight

Back