2017 Rookie Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going with Taranto too, Coniglio getting injured last weekend should improve his job security also.

I'm off the McCarthy bandwagon, I think his job security is good but really that's it, he has the extra price than the basement rookies and missed all of last season. I just cannot justify picking him up, I looked through his stats of 2015 when he played a full season. He started the season really well but from round 9 he scored 27, 55, 64, 54, 21, 38, 22, 57, 39, 12, 30 & 41. Not scores that's going to raise his value to much to quickly nor do I want to have someone costing over 200k sitting on my bench. Only reason I'll get him is if we have some kind of crazy last minute rookie mayhem and we just need someone rookie priced who's playing but other than that I'll be staying away I think.

Will Hoskin-Elliott is the man who's really making me question whether to pick him or not, just don't know if he's worth the extra money.

I was reading Broadbent may be back for round one, could that affect Houston playing??

giphy.gif

Can someone explain why people are so fond of Witts as a POD?

For me he seems to be a way bigger risk compared to Nankervis.
Nankervis has secured the No.1 ruck role for Richmond for certain, where as Witts appears to be the No.1 ruck as it stands but he has Nicholls, Currie, and Brooksby very close behind who all stand a chance of taking that spot off him should he have a bad week or 2.

Also Nankervis has DPP with ruc/fwd where as Witts is only a ruck.

They only advantage I can see is that Witts is ~40k cheaper but is that worth the risk he carries?

I am posting in the AFL fantasy forum right? haha.
Nankervis (Rich) is 365k, Witts (GCS) is 328k.

Also this was the wrong thread, I'll repost in the preseason team discussion, sorry!
All good mate

My mistake

Richmond have said that Dan Butler will be making his debut on Thursday night, lock him in lads.
I don't know enough about him, taking into account that it's all a bit of a guess, am I making a mistake wanting Brett Eddy & Aaron Black on my forward bench?

I don't know enough about him, taking into account that it's all a bit of a guess, am I making a mistake wanting Brett Eddy & Aaron Black on my forward bench?
Eddy is a lock at the moment, Aaron is touch and go after missing the last JLT

Excellent. Perfect bench rookie, hopefully he can be this year's Menadue.
Would be very handy indeed, hopefully a bit of a better scorer.
It's a guess with most rookies, I probably wouldn't trust him on the field.

Getting close now. Some of my leagues start R1. Without seeing the teams I've narrowed down the defenders and forwards. Of the high draft picks Powell-Pepper is a lock and Taranto, if named for R1, are definitely worth the dollars. I might run with 3 defensive rookies, 1 midfielder (SPP), and 2 forwards (Taranto + 1)on field for maximum cash generation. Will have 140k in kitty to rectify things R2!

Defenders:
Marchbank 205k excellent job security, ball will come his way a lot, quality player in 3rd year. Ankle, shoulder injuries ruined 2016
Hampton 204k : a revelation. Tough, dashing line breaker in first 22, scores well, will be in the action
Otten: 150K : a classy defender who performed well in JLT series. Should score well if on field but under JS pressure
Zak Guthrie: 150k : if he gets upgraded and named for R1. Pacy, classy ball user, can hit the scoreboard
Vickers-Ellis/ Mitchell Hibberd both 150k : possible bench rookies but will be in and out of the team

Mids:
Powell- Pepper 216K : a raging bull. Top 22, likes the contested stuff, Presumably M8 in virtually all teams.
slim pickings for rest, who presumably won't get on field without injuries, JS will be a problem. look for minimum pricers.
Picket (m/fwd) good JS, Miles doubtful JS, Barret if upgraded should get games .......

Forwards:
Taranto 248 : pricey but highly skilled. Will get his chance to cement a regular spot. Looks a regular AFL player not a rookie
Eddy/ Picket (m/ fwd)/Black/ Dan Butler (will play R1) are all minimum pricers who have perfomed well

Rest of the premium rookies have poor JS or won't score consistently to justify their premiums. Others who scored well in JLT are pricey.

This looks a year for mid price madness with so many former premiums or near premiums returning at a discount. Beams, Murphy, JOM, D Swallow, Heppel, Watson, Roughead, Sandilands. So much promise until I count the carnage at the end of R1. At least I won't run out of picks with rounds to go!

Happy Fantasy to all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blanch (lions medical) has said that Berry is available round 1 - id imagine he'll play a week or 2 of neafl but if he's named against the Suns it'd be a big fantasy curveball. McCluggage is round 3 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of the Lions does anyone know if the Lions have a spot in their list to upgrade a rookie(s) or whether they've got a full list and can only upgrade someone from the rookie list once a player is placed on the LTI?

If Barrett isn't upgraded a lot of time will be stuck on who to replace him with, not many options out there.

Mitchell Hibberd or Ed Vickers-Willis ? Thoughts
I think Vickers-Willis has the better job security and going off reports he's more highly rated at North, however Hibberd appears to rack up the ball and I honestly think he'll be a slightly better scorer.

I actually have both of them Vickers-Willis on my bench in the backline and Hibberd on the bench in my midfield.

Hey all!
Thought I had my rookies locked in, now having second thoughts.
Preferences with the below?:
Def: Hibberd or VW
Mid: Bowes or Parfitt or Pickett
Fwd: Pickett or Turner or Butler
Also what's everyone's thoughts on GH-Smith?
Thanks in advance!

Oliver Florent (Sydney) confirmed to debut.
Pick 11 so he's probably $200k odd but at least some rookies are IN so we can shuffle them rather than have to trade premiums.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back