2017 Rookie Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

defensive rookies and sunday extended lists games are my sticking points at the moment

A 150K forward that might play is currently mine, apart from the massive number of errors in my starting side which will be evident by about half way through the first round....

A 150K forward that might play is currently mine, apart from the massive number of errors in my starting side which will be evident by about half way through the first round....
Thought FWDs were easy enough.
Pickett, Eddy, Butler, Houston & Wiedeman in that order. All $150k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Kennedy (GWS) and GHS? Both are named on the ball... I've made room for the in my team but they come at a premium.
Don't get them based on where they're named, Richnond had Taylor Hunt named to play CHB.

Kennedy has the potential but I'd prefer to take the punt on SPP and considering I'm playing just one rookie in the midfield I don't want to have a player worth 200k on the bench, Kennedy didn't do a lot last year and whilst GWS have a couple of outs right now it's hard to see him all of a sudden scoring a heap more.

I gave GHS a really hard look at, for similar reasons stated above the finances didn't stack up to bring him in. He's had a lot of injury worries over his reasonably short career. 2014 has basically been the only full season he's played, over 19 games he averaged 65ppg, even if he's going to average 70ppg you'll be likely to get a better score from him than almost any other rookie but for what I expect to be a slightly better average you'll earn less cash at a lower rate.

Thoughts on Kennedy (GWS) and GHS? Both are named on the ball... I've made room for the in my team but they come at a premium.

Also, what are your plans for Pickett? Hold or trade?

Beaten to it but dont go off wehre there named especially 3 days from game time.

Weitering was named key back but started key fwd and played all night there.

Shane edwards was named in the centre but didnt play their much. ect ect

Massive brain fade and started Pickett on the field instead of Butler.
After that performance he can find himself on the pine next week.
Didn't look like he wanted to go anywhere near the ball all night.

Don't get them based on where they're named, Richnond had Taylor Hunt named to play CHB.

Kennedy has the potential but I'd prefer to take the punt on SPP and considering I'm playing just one rookie in the midfield I don't want to have a player worth 200k on the bench, Kennedy didn't do a lot last year and whilst GWS have a couple of outs right now it's hard to see him all of a sudden scoring a heap more.

I gave GHS a really hard look at, for similar reasons stated above the finances didn't stack up to bring him in. He's had a lot of injury worries over his reasonably short career. 2014 has basically been the only full season he's played, over 19 games he averaged 65ppg, even if he's going to average 70ppg you'll be likely to get a better score from him than almost any other rookie but for what I expect to be a slightly better average you'll earn less cash at a lower rate.
Beaten to it but dont go off wehre there named especially 3 days from game time.

Weitering was named key back but started key fwd and played all night there.

Shane edwards was named in the centre but didnt play their much. ect ect

Onya fellas! So I won't take the position on the field too seriously, then.

I do like GHS's points per minute over the JLT. Although I think I'm better off taking about 150k into Round 2, and upgrading Pickett to the best performing rookie. Be that SPS, GHS or someone else.

Massive brain fade and started Pickett on the field instead of Butler.
After that performance he can find himself on the pine next week.
Didn't look like he wanted to go anywhere near the ball all night.
Hardly a brain fade, it looked like the right decision after JLT3. Picking both in your side is probably where the real doubt should lie. Worth another look though.

Hardly a brain fade, it looked like the right decision after JLT3. Picking both in your side is probably where the real doubt should lie. Worth another look though.
It did, but maybe he's just a slow starter.
3 150k rookies to fill one F6 slot I don't see where the doubt in that is, considering the other options available for selection?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back