Position 2017 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you replace defender Smith with Forward Hannan ?
1. Press T on Smith
2. In the trade screen, if you have a DEF/MID player in the midfield such as Hibberd, press the blue "S" to send them to DEF
3. Then press the blue "S" on a FWD/MID in your forward line such as Pickett, which opens up a spot to trade in a forward (Hannan)

Joel Smith is set to miss up to 4 months, opting to have surgery to repair his dislocated shoulder.
Highly disappointing as he looked like a very good cash cow option, scoring 23 points in his first and only 18 minutes of AFL.
Well *. That's a long time to hold him as a loophole.

Problem is there are no other DEF rookies to take his spot.

So, decisions I have are Rooey, Smith and a number of underperforming rookies. Smith has to go, whether it be this week or next. Rooey, I'm thinking hold at this point in time.

Rookies;

Def: Marchbank, Hampton, Hibberd, Smith, Stewart
Mid: SPP, SPS, Barrett, Mountford
Fwd: Taranto, Simpkin, Eddy, Parfitt & Pickett

Rookies I missed/didn't select after Round 1 - Hannan, Butler, Houston, Troy Menzel, McGrath, Ainsworth, Bowes, Otten, Florent.

If I could do Smith to Hannan I would probably do that this week, but I think I will hold fire, at least until selection night rips apart my team......

If Pickett, Taranto, Simpkin or Eddy are dropped, then they may become Hannan.

I reckon I will pull the trigger on Pickett > Hannan, allowing me to do two trades next week to fix my team if other issues present themselves.

I have seen enough from both Pickett and Hannan to suggest that Hannan is the better rookie.

People can say "Pickett may pull out an 80" and "Hannan may pull out a 40" but one round of scoring has shown me that it may just take Pickett to score another sub 40 for his value to stop going up, or Hannan an 80 to pick back up again.

I don't even think Carlton played bad in Round 1, considering the score they kicked. Pickett couldn't get near it.

Hoping he gets dropped anyway just to justify my decision even more!

I reckon I will pull the trigger on Pickett > Hannan, allowing me to do two trades next week to fix my team if other issues present themselves.

I have seen enough from both Pickett and Hannan to suggest that Hannan is the better rookie.

People can say "Pickett may pull out an 80" and "Hannan may pull out a 40" but one round of scoring has shown me that it may just take Pickett to score another sub 40 for his value to stop going up, or Hannan an 80 to pick back up again.

I don't even think Carlton played bad in Round 1, considering the score they kicked. Pickett couldn't get near it.

To many ifs

Just wait a week it won't kill ya, trades are gold.

Pickett is probably my worst rookie (Barring J Smith), and I want to do that trade too...but I will give it one more week.

I just want a second look at both of them. We will find out a bit about Pickett. Still think he won't score much and I will end up doing that trade anyway :(

Pickett is probably my worst rookie (Barring J Smith), and I want to do that trade too...but I will give it one more week.

I just want a second look at both of them. We will find out a bit about Pickett. Still think he won't score much and I will end up doing that trade anyway :(
* it, I can't afford to give it one more week.

I might need to move Taranto and Smith...so i gotta pull the trigger on Prickett.

29 left

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** it, I can't afford to give it one more week.

I might need to move Taranto and Smith...so i gotta pull the trigger on Prickett.

29 left
I went Pickett to Hannan
Smith to McGrath

Trades are for pussies

1. Press T on Smith
2. In the trade screen, if you have a DEF/MID player in the midfield such as Hibberd, press the blue "S" to send them to DEF
3. Then press the blue "S" on a FWD/MID in your forward line such as Pickett, which opens up a spot to trade in a forward (Hannan)
Thanks .....worked it out that there needed to be a 3rd party (threesome) .....i want Hibberd in the midfield though as a dual position to interchange Adams

To many ifs

Just wait a week it won't kill ya, trades are gold.
Okay Jackie, what about if I wait up until the Blues-Demons game on the weekend and if sh** goes down and it looks likely I'll need two trades the week after - do I have your blessing to trade Pickett > Hannan then? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back