Position 2017 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sold. In.
iu

Can anyone provide some insight into Fraser McInnes? Been on the Eagles list for a few years. Scored 94 on the weekend, a def/fwd who's priced @155k and has now got my attention...that's all I know about him. Can he get a regular gig?

Can anyone provide some insight into Fraser McInnes? Been on the Eagles list for a few years. Scored 94 on the weekend, a def/fwd who's priced @155k and has now got my attention...that's all I know about him. Can he get a regular gig?

With kennedy/darling/vardy/giles/lycett/mcgov all being healthy. thats a lot of tall timber in the spine. I think he only got games last year because we had a string of talls not playing.

With kennedy/darling/vardy/giles/lycett/mcgov all being healthy. thats a lot of tall timber in the spine. I think he only got games last year because we had a string of talls not playing.
Thanks. Didn't realise he was a tall. Bit of a shame. Know much about Gorter?

Thanks. Didn't realise he was a tall. Bit of a shame. Know much about Gorter?

nah not really, again would be hard to break in. emac, gov, shep, wellingham, schofield, barass are a pretty solid back. Then Nelson and cole probably next in rank. Plus yeo swings back.

i see he had 74 which is pretty good for a first outing though. might be worth remembering and get a mid season down grade if we get any injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the tip. Any other cheap Carlton players that will get regular or early games?

Pickett and Seton will both be straight in when fit.

Looking pretty quiet on the Tigs rookie front at the moment

Graham- While off it, still not in full training plus we are pretty stacked for inside mids now, guys like Miles might be struggling for a game
Bolton- Shown some exciting signs but tiny body, not named for our first JLT game
Stengle- Another small forward, bit more developed and has been suggested by a few in the know on our board could be closer to a round 1 spot than Bolton, still needs to be upgraded though and didn't get a gig for friday night either
Chol- Probably won't play a whole lot barring injury, will probably play as a KPD on friday though with the club being cautious with Rance, won't score much at all in any case and another who needs to be upgraded
Butler- Had a few years to develop now and another looking for a small forward spot, named for Friday so could be a little smokey if he plays well.

Doesn't seem to be the abundance of rookies we have seen in other years at the moment, plenty of time for that to change over the next few weeks though! Anyone wants to give an update on their club i'd love to hear it.

Looking pretty quiet on the Tigs rookie front at the moment

Graham- While off it, still not in full training plus we are pretty stacked for inside mids now, guys like Miles might be struggling for a game
Bolton- Shown some exciting signs but tiny body, not named for our first JLT game
Stengle- Another small forward, bit more developed and has been suggested by a few in the know on our board could be closer to a round 1 spot than Bolton, still needs to be upgraded though and didn't get a gig for friday night either
Chol- Probably won't play a whole lot barring injury, will probably play as a KPD on friday though with the club being cautious with Rance, won't score much at all in any case and another who needs to be upgraded
Butler- Had a few years to develop now and another looking for a small forward spot, named for Friday so could be a little smokey if he plays well.

Doesn't seem to be the abundance of rookies we have seen in other years at the moment, plenty of time for that to change over the next few weeks though! Anyone wants to give an update on their club i'd love to hear it.
great write up, helpful as well!

for us

White - injured his calf in the intra. apparently has lost his pace as HH won a footrace against him. on the outer. PASS
Marshall - 2 years off it. PASS
Powell-Pepper - Our best of the lot. Was a bit nervous in the intra. with each JLT he plays, he will get more confident. WATCH
Frampton - 3rd in line for the ruck duties behind Ryder and Lobbe. apparently played reasonably well in the intra. not the best option as a ruck only. PASS
Johnson - Smokey for a fwd rookie. Is suspended for round 1 the only downside. Is quick and silky smooth with the ball in hand. Possible downgrade target. WATCH
Ladhams - A long way to go for this bloke. PASS
Drew - Was one of the best in the first half in the intra with plenty of the ball and a couple of goals. Possible late season rookie. WATCH
Hewett - rookie listed. showed good signs late last year, but still has a lot to do. PASS
Houston - see Hewett
Atley - was quiet in the intra. Inside bull who loves the contest. Watch JLT, but id pass
Eddy - 27 yo mature age KPF. should play and play lots. only expect a 50-65 average from him though. WATCH
Irra - Cat B rookie. PASS
Lienert - Drafted as a tall midfielder, but played key back in the intra. 195cm with a booming left foot. If he gets upgraded and named, pick him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back