Status
Not open for further replies.

jpzhawk

All Australian
May 20, 2011
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So apart from Hodge, this is whats considered our best 22 by the coaching staff.
Obviously form will change it but if all are in form then this is it given we have no injuries.
Strong team.
Hope we beat the cheating scum.

Im actually slightly annoyed by the team, i mean at some stage we have to expose our youth into playing consistent senior footy. It just seems like no one has pushed up at all from last year, the free agents and traded players aside its the same team. The start of the year is the time to blood the future and we seem to have missed a trick imo. Its no wonder our youth gets tipped as the worst in the league, we dont seem to give them a chance.

Who would you drop?

And who do you bring in?

foj1

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2005
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
essendon
I feel for you: you've copped more than you should despite being pretty polite here.

But no one outside your club believes the club about it's records. I have no doubt that your whole club was fully across this, but it's easier for the records to disappear and no one is the wiser. Hundreds of injections handed out and no one, even the club doctor, has any idea what they were?
Cheers
It is disappointing that you can't talk footy without your footy club being ridiculed over something that happened five years ago
I wish people remember that supporters did not actually have anything to do with what went on and as supporters we are one scandal away from our clubs being in trouble.
Good luck on Saturday and some posters on your board would be served well to remember humility and respect :)

Im actually slightly annoyed by the team, i mean at some stage we have to expose our youth into playing consistent senior footy. It just seems like no one has pushed up at all from last year, the free agents and traded players aside its the same team. The start of the year is the time to blood the future and we seem to have missed a trick imo. Its no wonder our youth gets tipped as the worst in the league, we dont seem to give them a chance.

Miles, Burton and Stewart are on the cusp, Howe and Brand didn't play all pre-season so were never going to get picked this week. Lovell isn't quite there yet.

Unfortunately for all these young blokes there's 17 premiership players they need to push past.

Also, Tom Mitchell and Jaeger O'Meara are thankfully pretty young themselves.

Cheers
It is disappointing that you can't talk footy without your footy club being ridiculed over something that happened five years ago
I wish people remember that supporters did not actually have anything to do with what went on and as supporters we are one scandal away from our clubs being in trouble.
Good luck on Saturday and some posters on your board would be served well to remember humility and respect :)

Problem is, a *lot* of your fans while not having anything to do with the issues - were more than happy to not accept that the club and people within it had done a single thing wrong. When a good portion of your fan base actively cheered on people who were a huge part of the problem - it makes all of you easy targets.

And we support the greatest sporting club in the country - we don't need to be humble nor need to respect anyone else ;).

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cheers
I feel sorry for the supporters. Only innocents in the saga. That 'tis I feel sorry for them until they come out with complete bulllshit like asada is the problem. Kudos to you if you are not if that ilk but try to understand that the whole league had to put up with #sobrave and #standbyhird etc. when it was clear from the outset that something very wrong occurred. It's hard to seperate root cause of emotions so people will tend to fire up at the site of red and black.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 17, 2008
Sir Kenneth Luke Stand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Mayblooms
Stewart hasnt knocked the door down? Not sure what else he could have done.

He has definitely had a good pre season but I don't know if he knocked the door down. It's just that most of our other kids haven't really made any impression whatsoever so he & Miles are the pick of the bunch.

16 premiership players in that side.

Looking forward to seeing the start of the JOM and Tom partnership in the middle.

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
Strong side. Would've preferred to reward Stewart with a game. He deserved it. Players like Hartung, Duryea and Langford need to show their worth and have decent games as the young ones are coming!

So pumped for this. Level 2 at the G with mates and beers. Watching Rioli, O'Meara, Mitchell, Burgers, Roughy back....beautiful!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mr Lizard

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
...some posters on your board would be served well to remember humility and respect
(with all due respect) You weren't talking footy, you were running with the standard Essendon bullshit about "something that happened over five years ago" that we've been hearing for five years now, and still keep hearing. No, you didn't do it; yes, I get that you love your club like I do mine.

If you are going to defend Essendon's cheating campaign, you will get potted. Show some respect yourself. :)

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2012
London
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I feel this year we will more of a squad rotation/horses (other songs are available too) for courses approach. The younger players will be picked when they deserve to be.

Tomorrow for the first half at least will be a big body/intense scrap and I feel that experience of this is key hence the side.

Mr Lizard

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
upload_2017-3-23_20-56-2.png
upload_2017-3-23_20-58-28.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back