• Sandi/Witts

Votes: 34 13.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 25.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still really tempted by Martin. Will be watching like a hawk during pre season.
I think a fit Jacobs is a better choice. He has no real competition and crows are finals material.
Probably need to see what the lions coach wants to do. He may go with some youth to develop and we could see Martin play a different role.

I think a fit Jacobs is a better choice. He has no real competition and crows are finals material.
Probably need to see what the lions coach wants to do. He may go with some youth to develop and we could see Martin play a different role.
Not a fan of Jacobs. Was putrid last year. It's either Martin or Goldy R1

Yeah, it's pretty simple... The issue with Martin is Archie. If Archie plays, Martin is a terrible selection. If he doesn't Martin is in the Goldy, Gawn bracket of output at a hugely discounted price. He was carrying a dodgy knee and the lingering effects of concussion last year and it seems likely he's over those problems now.

I think Martin could make or break as many seasons as Sandi could. Every chance he pumps out a 100+ average and quite possibly even in the 110-115 zone. However if the lions do decide to bring a second ruck in after Martin going solo for the first few weeks it could be tragic if you take the punt.

Yeah I won't be going Jacobs. Just think he's a better option than Martin. Jacobs had interrupted pre season i believe last year. Dropped massively last year. Should go better this year.
I'm going Gawn Goldy at this stage.

IMO Jacobs is cooked. Similar to Maric.
Hit 28/29 and stopped.

Guys like Gawn and Grundy are the future of SC ruckmen.
Even with the third man up rule changes I think the games gone past lumbering tap ruckmen.

And on that note I'm picking Sandi :drunk:
BUT only because he's 300k and proven and without competition for his spot.
He's one risk I'm happy to take, the new rule change just made him even juicer :pineapple::tangerine::tropicaldrink:

IMO Jacobs is cooked. Similar to Maric.
Hit 28/29 and stopped.

Guys like Gawn and Grundy are the future of SC ruckmen.
Even with the third man up rule changes I think the games gone past lumbering tap ruckmen.

And on that note I'm picking Sandi :drunk:
BUT only because he's 300k and proven and without competition for his spot.
He's one risk I'm happy to take, the new rule change just made him even juicer :pineapple::tangerine::tropicaldrink:
The real concern with Sandi is he's 34 and out of last 6 seasons has had 2 where he has played over 13 games. Yes he's cheap but I feel it's a trap this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real concern with Sandi is he's 34 and out of last 6 seasons has had 2 where he has played over 13 games. Yes he's cheap but I feel it's a trap this year.
Sometimes it who you don't pick is more important than who you do.
But I've got him at the moment

Your right it's a trap but its like any risk.
It's a 50 50 trap.
50% chance he plays till his bye and averages 90+ and a 50% chance he doesn't.

The other reason I forgot to mention why I like the Sandi pick is Ryder at 411k in a year where a 90+ FWD is a top 10 FWD is a gift from the gods.
It's either a perfectly laid out trap or both Sandi and Ryder go 90+ for the measly sum of 715k which is a bees dick more than Goldy cost last year.

Last edited:

He only needs to play for the first 8 -10 weeks to make some coin before upgrading him to one the top 2 rucks. I don't think many are picking him as a keeper but as a stepping stone. With some doubt on the top 2 rucks he buys you some time to see how they sort themselves out. Freo play 6 of the first 9 rounds at home so travel early shouldn't be an issue, no third man up helps him and Ryder in the forward line for cover and potential top 10 forward minimizes the risk. Huge upside to me, downside is he goes down early and creates a world of hurt. I'm taking the risk at this stage.

He only needs to play for the first 8 -10 weeks to make some coin before upgrading him to one the top 2 rucks. I don't think many are picking him as a keeper but as a stepping stone. With some doubt on the top 2 rucks he buys you some time to see how they sort themselves out. Freo play 6 of the first 9 rounds at home so travel early shouldn't be an issue, no third man up helps him and Ryder in the forward line for cover and potential top 10 forward minimizes the risk. Huge upside to me, downside is he goes down early and creates a world of hurt. I'm taking the risk at this stage.
That's a decent strategy. I'm just thinking better with Gawn and one of Grundy or Goldy.

Last edited:

1st ruckman picked 4 me.

Your right it's a trap but its like any risk.
It's a 50 50 trap.
50% chance he plays till his bye and averages 90+ and a 50% chance he doesn't.

The other reason I forgot to mention why I like the Sandi pick is Ryder at 411k in a year where a 90+ FWD is a top 10 FWD is a gift from the gods.
It's either a perfectly laid out trap or both Sandi and Ryder go 90+ for the measly sum of 715k which is a bees dick more than Goldy cost last year.
This^
Its well worth the punt on Sandipants, peeps that stretch out their teams and leave no SandiTurfToe will be in a world of hurt. (probably me):oops:

Good post.:thumbsu:

Fremantle play 3 away in their first 11 rounds, 2 in Adelaide and 1 in Melbourne so baring injury, I would expect him to play every one of those games given our limited back up rucks at the moment.

My only issue is round 12, the last game before their bye is in Brisbane so it may be highly likely he is given 2 weeks rest in the middle of the season. Would be good if he could get through all the way to the byes but will need to wait and see.

With Ryder up front as backup for a week if needed, starting Sandilands is a no brainer for me if it allows me to have Fyfe at M7.

Fremantle play 3 away in their first 11 rounds, 2 in Adelaide and 1 in Melbourne so baring injury, I would expect him to play every one of those games given our limited back up rucks at the moment.

My only issue is round 12, the last game before their bye is in Brisbane so it may be highly likely he is given 2 weeks rest in the middle of the season. Would be good if he could get through all the way to the byes but will need to wait and see.

With Ryder up front as backup for a week if needed, starting Sandilands is a no brainer for me if it allows me to have Fyfe at M7.

Fyfe at M7? That's a serious midfield. Who's you D1, Trent McKenzie?

Fyfe at M7? That's a serious midfield. Who's you D1, Trent McKenzie?
JJ at D3, Fyfe M7, Gawn/Sandi, Ryder F2 and with the rest rookies. $40k in the bank.

If FWD rookies turn out a little bleaker than we think then the MIDs will be reduced to make way for another FWD Premo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back