• Sandi/Witts

Votes: 34 13.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 25.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Gawn, but he will just too expensive. I dont like to spend 680k plus for one player, it is a big chunk.

I only ever picked Ablett when he was super expensive for all those years because you knew that he would always justify his pricetag. So looking at Grundy and Martin with the cheapest ruc/fwd in the game and Ryder in the forward line, covers me for byes and injuries. I will always be looking at how to get Gawn in.

I want Gawn, but he will just too expensive. I dont like to spend 680k plus for one player, it is a big chunk.

I only ever picked Ablett when he was super expensive for all those years because you knew that he would always justify his pricetag. So looking at Grundy and Martin with the cheapest ruc/fwd in the game and Ryder in the forward line, covers me for byes and injuries. I will always be looking at how to get Gawn in.

No Danger in 2017?

Hard not to pick him, he may be the ONLY exception. Just have to wait and see other midfielder prices.

Heppell, Merrett, Bont ect.

Danger Pendles my 1st picked

After that its the big calls

Cripps would have been my 1st picked before his injury
Heppell v MMurphy v Prestia as a discount mid gun
Bont...
Fyfe
Sloane
Rocky
JPK
Parker
Hanners
Treloar
RGray
Jelwood
TMitch
Priddis
Ward
Shiel
Coniglio
GAJ
Dusty
Steven
ZMerrett

Danger Pendles my 1st picked

After that its the big calls

Cripps would have been my 1st picked before his injury
Heppell v MMurphy v Prestia as a discount mid gun
Bont...
Fyfe
Sloane
Rocky
JPK
Parker
Hanners
Treloar
RGray
Jelwood
TMitch
Priddis
Ward
Shiel
Coniglio
GAJ
Dusty
Steven
ZMerrett
Stay away from Murphy. Burnman.

Beams and Watson should be on that list. Gotta gut feel on Watson having a really good season. If the price is right i might take a punt as a starter POD

Beams too injured and Watson too old and salty for mine.

GAJ I think is done and Priddis is a bit unknown with Mitchell's arrival.

Beams is top 5 if fit, i think the masses forget how good judasbeams is.

Injury the obvious concern but at 480k (guessing) he's certainly worth consideration

Injury the obvious concern but at 480k (guessing) he's certainly worth consideration

He's a 115 average player and even proved this for a few weeks at Brisbane next to Rocky and the like but like JOM no pre season and most of NAB with 70% minutes then I'm not touching them.
Might leave a little in the kitty and make Beams a early correction if he smashes out 2 tonnes.

He's a 115 average player and even proved this for a few weeks at Brisbane next to Rocky and the like but like JOM no pre season and most of NAB with 70% minutes then I'm not touching them.
Might leave a little in the kitty and make Beams a early correction if he smashes out 2 tonnes.

And if Beams continues to complete a full preseason ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he does a full PS he's a LOCK. I was all giddy last year when I was the first here to jump on him. Only lasted 3 quarters :'(

If he does a full PS he's a LOCK. I was all giddy last year when I was the first here to jump on him. Only lasted 3 quarters :'(
He missed pre season and NAB last year yeah?
Don't be surprised if the same happens again.
Big black cloud over his and JOMs knees.
Have played less than 20 games between them over the last 30 months.

Not really on topic, but Beams - because he only played two games, does that mean his 2016 avg is ignored and his 2015 avg is used instead and a discount factor applied to that?
Definite burnman potential, but if he comes with the right discount... one estimate had him at 370k-odd.

Last edited:
Plenty of ways to pick a starting team, rucks are traditionally a set and forget but given Gawn will be priced MAX ( punn intended) and norf will be on the slide who knows if or how that will effect Goldstein .
Sandi is a scoring god, age a concern however
Sauce is a forgotten solo gun
Stef is the best ruck/mobile ball getter
Grundy has huge huge potential and is a solo ruck
Mummy has huge scope but could be charged with man slaughter at some stage
Hickey is on the improve (doubt he's a real option yet but 2 season's ago i chose Gawn mid-season b4 the cats game and everyone said i was nuts - Gawn was a GUN and 1st chosen for the majority in 2016)

Its simply NEVER as cut and dry as set and forget at this time of the year

very true

Last year Goldy was a bigger lock than Gawn is now, with Stef also a popular set and forget choice probably shading Gawn. Have to look beyond just last years form.

BTW anyone from Brisbane know what's the likely go with Archie whatsisname next year. Is he likely to play again and steal Stefs points!

I started last season with Sam *en Jacobs, was going to go with grundy but he didn't get picked for round 1 :(

Gawn is a certainty and then the other position is
grundy 90% goldy 10%

Will have Ryder as a dpp in the forward line if he is looking decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back