• Sandi/Witts

Votes: 34 13.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 25.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon the 3rd man up rule change will bring guys like Witts, Nichols, McEvoy etc back into play more. Playing undersized rucks and relying on someone else coming in to help are gone.

Reckon I will look at the above three and Grundy to line up alongside Maxy. See who does what over the next month I guess.

McEvoy will never be SC relevant

Doesn't matter what each position scores. You start cheap rucks, you get more to spend elsewhere. If best value is in rucks compared to elsewhere, starting with that value means you will outscore others. Basic maths. Ryder is better value than most premo rucks.

Having said that I doubt Id start him in the ruck and have no cover if he or my other ruck miss a week.

So much yes to this.
It's all about distributing the cap across the field the way you believe you can get the highers ratio of points:money spent. This year, in the absence of two clear "set and forgets", there is actually some really liquidity in approach here compared to most years.

McEvoy will never be SC relevant
Not a great deal of #2 options out there this year, Goldy interrupted pre season, ditto Sandilands & Mumford. I probably won't be taking McEvoy but you can't completely disregard him now the 3rd up rule is going to be over policed this year.

The ruck line is fully open and it makes sense to consider all the possibilities, whether that be starting Ryder on the ruck line, backing Sandi in despite setback, considering Witts R2/R3, backing Grundy in to break out, etc.
Why rule any of that out before you've seen any exposed form / who's lining up come rd 1?

Atm ive got goldy and sauce that will prob change....and goldy playing hide the......ummmmm yeah....gold fish.
Apparently they have a new female trainer at Norf. She replaces the other one apparently.
I think she is of German descent, not that it makes any difference. IIRC her name is Heidi Sausage.

The ruck line is fully open and it makes sense to consider all the possibilities, whether that be starting Ryder on the ruck line, backing Sandi in despite setback, considering Witts R2/R3, backing Grundy in to break out, etc.
Why rule any of that out before you've seen any exposed form / who's lining up come rd 1?
What are your thoughts on Grundy. Really leaning toward him as a no risk 'safe' bet, a-la Stef was until recently. Sounds like Grundy is doing everything right this preseason. Because my team is readily decimated by injuries and suspensions, the safer I go in the rucks the better for me. One less headache.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are your thoughts on Grundy. Really leaning toward him as a no risk 'safe' bet, a-la Stef was until recently. Sounds like Grundy is doing everything right this preseason. Because my team is readily decimated by injuries and suspensions, the safer I go in the rucks the better for me. One less headache.

Doesn't score big like other ruckmen. Highest score the last two years is 127.

Should score consistently but don't see the 140+ that others are able to get. But then again this year could be the year.

His median for the last two years of scores combined is 94.

Should score consistently but don't see the 140+ that others are able to get. But then again this year could be the year.

I have similar concerns with Grundy. At the moment I have Stef as a better option.

I see your point and I fully agree, but if you are chicken s**t like I am, then safety first! :D

I have similar concerns with Grundy. At the moment I have Stef as a better option.
Lot of talk he may share the ruck with the young buck at Bris. I want to take stef but just don't know.

Then you don't know...
Stop trying to preach your opinion mate, everyone is different
Mate if you want me to tell you who I have right now it's Gawn and Stef. Yes they share a bye, yes Gawn is over priced. But they aren't carrying the injury concerns and have both shown they can go 115+. Goldy will be in if the knee holds up.
Hickeys HOA is amazing and if he can increase his number of hit outs per game (with no more third man up), he should be considered.

Mate if you want me to tell you who I have right now it's Gawn and Stef. Yes they share a bye, yes Gawn is over priced. But they aren't carrying the injury concerns and have both shown they can go 115+. Goldy will be in if the knee holds up.
Hickeys HOA is amazing and if he can increase his number of hit outs per game (with no more third man up), he should be considered.
Besides Sandy those are the only 3 I've considered for R2.

Recent details of Goldy's injury have probably scratched him off the list for me. Archie Smith is a concern re Stef, but Hickey's potential is very promising and he's probably my first choice if Sandi doesn't line up round 1.

See what others say, but for me:

Pro: Clear no. 1 ruck, no known durability concerns, very solid preseason (knock on wood), good non-tap scoring avenues, coming into prime
Con: Improved in the ruck contest, but partly aided by easy draw in second half of 2016 (didn't really improve vs recognized rucks vs first half, benefited more from Fitzpatrick, Brooksby, Lycett one out etc.). Other rucks will benefit more from no third man up.
Pure guess: Bit north of 100 average, solid R2 if focus is minimizing trade risk while still getting an ok clip.
* me, I need to take a course in brevity.

Agree on Hickey, good HTA and good midfield around him.

For mine, I can see gawn and Grundy finishing 1&2 for the year. I reckon Grundy will have a big year. Obviously that is alot of $ and means Ryder in forward line to cover if you want to do that. I currently don't have gawn but if enough rookie options stand up in JLT for rd 1 then I'll find a way to get him in. He strikes me as a dude who is mentally strong and driven to succeed.

On HTC_0P6B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back