RLWC '22 2017 Rugby League World Cup Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Australia have named a very strong squad with a big Melbourne influence.

Seven Storm NRL champions in Australia's Rugby League World Cup squad

Fullback Billy Slater and backrower Felise Kaufusi are among seven players from the NRL premiership-winning Melbourne Storm selected in Mal Meninga's Australia squad for the Rugby League World Cup.

Kaufusi was one of six rookies confirmed on Tuesday in the 24-man squad for the tournament, which will be played in Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea from Oct. 27.

Sydney Roosters fullback James Tedesco is the surprise omission after being chosen by his National Rugby League peers as the player of the year. Meninga has opted for Slater, Darius Boyd and Manly's Tom Trbojevic as fullback options ahead of Tedesco.

Link

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Hamish Bidwell: Defection of star player Jason Taumalolo an embarrassment for Kiwis

The irony is almost too delicious for words.

Almost 10 years after David Kidwell helped see off Kiwis coach Gary Kemble, the actions of a player look about to make his own position as national coach untenable.

The decision of New Zealand's best player, Jason Taumalolo, to represent Tonga at the upcoming Rugby League World Cup is a lot of things. But number one, it's a rejection of Kidwell's position as Kiwis coach.

Link

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Is there a reason Sam Thaiday is carrying all this self-entitlement?

They probably should've told him first but gods what a ******* whiner. Tell your wife that s**t not everybody. You'd think he plays for free with that carry on.

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
What I have liked so far is Nations playing warm up games and having training bases in regional and non traditional areas.

Australia heading over to Fiji.

Tonga played Italy in Innsifail yesterday.

Scotland based out of Northern NSW.

England out of Perth (Ok not regional).

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Is it just me, or has the buildup for this been very low key

I’m in NZ right now and there has been coverage every day in all forms of the press.

I think people are pretty excited about the strength of the Tongan and Samoan teams who do look good on paper. Australia will be favourites again, but England and NZ will be pushed more this year.

Maybe it’s just an Australian thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back