VFL 2017 Sandringham News

Remove this Banner Ad

Ed Philips from Inside Football. , Looks like he's been up and down a bit but generally ok for his first year.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 VFL Won 23 possessions and was steady with his ball use. A pleasant surprise for Saints fans. -
5 VFL Battled a bit down back with Richmond's ball movement and forwards. -
6 VFL Did some encouraging things in Sandringham's win over Collingwood. 15 possessions. -
7 VFL Wasn’t a standout but okay in a few contests. -
8 VFL Kicked a goal and did a few handy things. Coming along gradually. -
9 Ankle.
10 Ankle.
11 Ankle.
12 Ankle.
13 VFL Ankle. -
14 Ankle.
15 VFL Back from injury and had 19 touches. Okay. -
16 VFL One of his more fruitful games this season. 23 possessions and three inside 50s. -
17 VFL Found the ball just eight times but at least he used it well when he had it. -
18 VFL Positive performance with 20 disposals. -
19 VFL Solid outing with 17 disposals. -
20 VFL Collected 13 possessions and kicked a goal, but wasn’t a star. -
21 VFL Bye.

I can't wait til we go standalone. This whole saga with Sandy has been an absolute shitshow.

The sooner we break it off with them the better.
Our players development will no doubt increase markedly once we're able to control everything, without having the Sandringhams influence.
Just look at Bulldogs, Essendon, Richmond and even Melbourne with Casey becoming the Casey demons.
Their younger players have developed much better, and they seem to be able to transition them into their AFL teams a lot easier.

Would it be worth exploring the possibility of splitting our alliance in half with the dolphins now that they are back into the VFL?
Could mean our whole list play in the 1s each week and also helps both Sandy and Frankston build up their lists a little before - for Sandy once we go alone, and for the Dolphins due to them starting from fresh!
Dont think the Dolphins would be keen as they are strong in their view to remain on their own, but just an idea
This be good for me too, as can see a few of the Saints boys when I go to my Dolphins games (Proud Dolphins member too!)

That's like your wife leaving you for another bloke but he dumps her and then she comes back home.
And then there’s boydie’s idea:
Would it be worth exploring the possibility of splitting our alliance in half with the dolphins now that they are back into the VFL?

Could mean our whole list play in the 1s each week and also helps both Sandy and Frankston build up their lists a little before - for Sandy once we go alone, and for the Dolphins due to them starting from fresh!

Hmmm

giphy.gif

Sandringham B&F;

[1] Kade Answerth 72
[2] Nick O’Kearney 64
[3] Jack Lonie 58
[4] Shane Savage 46
[5] Luke Dunstan 39
[6] Brandon White 34
[7] Dan McKenzie 32
[8] Bailey Rice 32
[9] Rowan Marshall 29
[10] Dylan Weickhardt 26

Saints listed players votes;

O'Kearney - 64
Lonie - 58
Savage - 46
Dunstan - 39
White - 34
McKenzie - 32
Rice - 32
Marshall - 29
McCartin - 23
Minchington - 23
Hickey - 19
Freeman - 13

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandringham B&F;

[1] Kade Answerth 72
[2] Nick O’Kearney 64
[3] Jack Lonie 58
[4] Shane Savage 46
[5] Luke Dunstan 39
[6] Brandon White 34
[7] Dan McKenzie 32
[8] Bailey Rice 32
[9] Rowan Marshall 29
[10] Dylan Weickhardt 26

O'Kearney - 64
Lonie - 58
Savage - 46
Dunstan - 39
White - 34
McKenzie - 32
Rice - 32
Marshall - 29
McCartin - 23
Minchington - 23
Hickey - 19
Freeman - 13

Well Done to Answorth.

A few surprises among the Saints. However, I cant comment too much as I only saw about half the games. And when I did I never understood how we chose the bests. Seemed like chook lotto at times

Did want to point out that Jack Lonie played 12 AFL games and almost pinched a VFL B+F. Impressive - and yes he did look that good

Sandringham B&F;

[1] Kade Answerth 72
[2] Nick O’Kearney 64
[3] Jack Lonie 58
[4] Shane Savage 46
[5] Luke Dunstan 39
[6] Brandon White 34
[7] Dan McKenzie 32
[8] Bailey Rice 32
[9] Rowan Marshall 29
[10] Dylan Weickhardt 26

O'Kearney - 64
Lonie - 58
Savage - 46
Dunstan - 39
White - 34
McKenzie - 32
Rice - 32
Marshall - 29
McCartin - 23
Minchington - 23
Hickey - 19
Freeman - 13
Ben Long ?? or did he play mainly development ?
i though he played VFL last year for footscray so surely not sandy development ?

i though he played VFL last year for footscray so surely not sandy development ?
Equal 22nd-ish from 11 games.

Longy played 11 games for Sandy 1sts this year.

Terrible season for Long, and I agree Freeman's low finish is a little surprising, given we were hearing he was close to a debut. NOK pretty impressive, not sure if he has a place at AFL level but surely gets a couple more years to find out.

Some news i got today, and the source is pretty confident and usually bang on, and that is our rookies will play at the Dolphins, also Sandy may be no more by the end of next season, the Amos will take over the ground. Sandy will only field 6 players or there about per game next season, the rest Saints, he was calling the club the Sandringham Saints.

Only time will tell

Some news i got today, and the source is pretty confident and usually bang on, and that is our rookies will play at the Dolphins, also Sandy may be no more by the end of next season, the Amos will take over the ground. Sandy will only field 6 players or there about per game next season, the rest Saints, he was calling the club the Sandringham Saints.

Only time will tell
I think the idea to play at least our Rookie listed players at Frankston Dolphins is a great idea, and I actually think we should look to play a couple more to help Sandy Zebs field a bigger team.
It seems our alliance with the Zebs has turned bad for them, but want to see them in a strong VFL comp with the dolphins etc.
Getting closer and closer to having a AFl reserves and then a VFL comp I would think.

Only time will tell

Ammos are spending a fortune fixing up Elsternwick park. Seems very strange they would take over Sandy.

Ammos are spending a fortune fixing up Elsternwick park. Seems very strange they would take over Sandy.

I don't know anything about it personally, and i don't care too much about it at all, i am only relaying what i get told, without knowing anything at all myself about it, He did mention the money that was already being spent at Elsternwick, but doesn't 100% know what they want the Sandy oval for, he said its only whispers hes hearing at upper management levels.

He did mention something about the Sandy Boss using the club as a retirement fund and has since gone.

Maybe Sandy will blend themselves into the amos, he appears to think they are shot after next season. The AFL will have their 1sts and reserves only and no money for the VFL.

I think the idea to play at least our Rookie listed players at Frankston Dolphins is a great idea, and I actually think we should look to play a couple more to help Sandy Zebs field a bigger team.
It seems our alliance with the Zebs has turned bad for them, but want to see them in a strong VFL comp with the dolphins etc.
Getting closer and closer to having a AFl reserves and then a VFL comp I would think.

Zebs wanted to cut us loose this season apparently, but the AFL said there would be no more licences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back