VFL 2017 Sandringham News

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Rice will be a good player but they have to give him a chance , maybe if Newnes misses a week he might come in although Savage has been in fine form and deserves the spot before him.

Sent via HAL
Last week Savage was dropped , and Rice was named ahead of him in the best.

The 2nd and 3 rd quarters killed us with bad kicking. Over those two quarters we kicked 1 goal and 11 behinds while they kicked 7 goals 4 behinds . So we were just under two goals down at the start of the last quarter. But they kicked 6 to 2 in the last as well. If we had kicked straight in those two quarters we would have had a reasonable advantage at the start of the last . But bad kicking is bad football. It cost us the game .

Sent via HAL

The 2nd and 3 rd quarters killed us with bad kicking. Over those two quarters we kicked 1 goal and 11 behinds while they kicked 7 goals 4 behinds . So we were just under two goals down at the start of the last quarter. But they kicked 6 to 2 in the last as well. If we had kicked straight in those two quarters we would have had a reasonable advantage at the start of the last . But bad kicking is bad football. It cost us the game .

Sent via HAL

There was a slight breeze towards the end Northern were kicking to in the last quarter. Nothing huge but for whatever reason a large majority of the scoring was done to that end. At 3QT it was obvious Sandy were in big trouble, even though they were close on the scoreboard.

What's the story with Pierce? He's contracted in 2018 but he seems to have totally dropped off the radar despite us crying out for a good ruck option.

Earlier on his career he was touted as a very promising and versatile ruckman who was raw and needed time to develop. It is now his fifth season on the list and he doesn't seem any closer to senior selection (other than his token one match debut last year).

Are his papers stamped? Has he suffered from playing in a team at Sandy that often has 3 ruckman playing at once? Has he just not developed as expected?

What's the story with Pierce? He's contracted in 2018 but he seems to have totally dropped off the radar despite us crying out for a good ruck option.

Earlier on his career he was touted as a very promising and versatile ruckman who was raw and needed time to develop. It is now his fifth season on the list and he doesn't seem any closer to senior selection (other than his token one match debut last year).

Are his papers stamped? Has he suffered from playing in a team at Sandy that often has 3 ruckman playing at once? Has he just not developed as expected?

He combines the best of all worlds.
He can tap like Hickey and his work around the ground is like Longer or Holmes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week Savage was dropped , and Rice was named ahead of him in the best.
Savage was dropped quite a few weeks ago and has by the looks of it put together about 4 good games in a row.

Think in the last 3 weeks for instance he's had 28 and 2 goals yesterday, 33 the week before (how he didn't get in the best off that game is a mystery) and 29 the week before that.

I'd bring him in to play Joey's attacking role off HB and move Joey into a midfield and forward role in place of Dunstan.

Savage was dropped quite a few weeks ago and has by the looks of it put together about 4 good games in a row.

Think in the last 3 weeks for instance he's had 28 and 2 goals yesterday, 33 the week before (how he didn't get in the best off that game is a mystery) and 29 the week before that.

I'd bring him in to play Joey's attacking role off HB and move Joey into a midfield and forward role in place of Dunstan.

I think you're right that Savage can only really play the Joey role given his defensive weakness.

I think you're right that Savage can only really play the Joey role given his defensive weakness.
As I said last week, he gets bagged for his defending, but he did lead us for intercepts last year and one way to defend is to just get the ball yourself and he's definitely much more of an intercept marking threat than Joey.

If Joey was still having regular 30+disposal games off HB and using the ball really well I could definitely see the point in keeping him there, but he's not, so I reckon if he's in form and let off the leash, Sav could be equally effective there and then Joey could be a bit of a weapon for us elsewhere.

Could be a massive upgrade on Luke in particular, especially from a speed and spread POV.

ybLoKis.png

iN4ESUr.png

Do you have a photo of Hugh Goddard I can put on my Goddard page as I am his player advocate on here ? Loving your photos , are you a professional photographer? You take some beauties.

Sent via HAL

Hi Brains Trust.
No problem - just message me your e-mail address and we can sort out a few for the page.
I'm not a professional, but a pretty keen amateur who likes to watch the footy!
I do sell a few, but its just a few dollars for the fees to keep the web site running.

Cheers,
Dave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back